San Antonio, TX

Big Country Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2011
I agreew ith the last comment. I have 3 kids that attend this school. Every since they came to this school there grades have dropped tremendously. My son was on the gifted and talented at previous schools and since we been here he is failing. What I dont understand is how is he failing a class but he passes his benchmarks with 100's and he passes his TAKS with above avg? Someone tell me what sense does that make. I am looking for another school for my children. I have communicated with all there teachers and no one as yet to help me out. I carea bout my childrens education obvious they do not.

Big Country Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2009

Big Country Elementary School 2

Posted November 05, 2008

Posted September 20, 2008
The school went from Exemplary to academically acceptable in the last couple of years. The only major change was a new principal and vice principal. I get the feeling that most of the teachers don't want to be there. The new principal seems nice enough but the schools scores have steadily dropped since she took charge. I am very disappointed with the school and its performance. Since I looked at the latest test scores I am looking for an alternative.

Big Country Elementary School 5

Posted September 13, 2008

Posted July 20, 2008
The teachers & administrators are fabulous! The school has several activities throughout the year to help parents get involved & to keep the year fun for the kids. Just because this is a Title I school, don't think for a minute that children are getting anything less than an excellent education!

Big Country Elementary School 5

Posted July 16, 2008
Hi, I really like the teachers and administrators at this school. My son has attended here for the past 2 years and he loves it. It's a great school!

Posted June 04, 2008
Big Country is the best school my children have attended. We moved from the NISD and I couldn't be happier. My son is a bit advanced for his age and his teacher took extra time to make sure he didn't get bored. I would certainly recommend the school to anyone.

Big Country Elementary School 1

Posted January 29, 2008
I also would not recommend this school to anyone. This is the fourth year my child has been there and the worst year thus far. Most of the teachers do not look like they want to be there. This will definitely be the last year my child attends this school and I would not recommend it to anyone.

Posted January 29, 2008
I find that the communication betweenschool personnel and parents is limited. Since the switch of administrion in 2005 and 2006, the quality of instruction has declined.

Big Country Elementary School
11914 Dragon Lane, San Antonio, TX  78252
Last modified Big Country Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Big Country Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top