PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Holy Spirit Catholic School
Grateful to: Parent

Posted December 18, 2015
the parents here are tremendous. they are the greatest blessing of this school. Their goodness flows over to the kids.

Posted January 29, 2015
Horrible administration. Principal thinks she's above reproach and the children fear her. The school has had to open additional grade levels to keep attendance, and income, up, and the education is mediocre compared to other private schools is the area. As a parent, I'm disgusted at what this formerly fine school has become. No accountability, favoritism, and the constant pursuit of the dollar are what's going on here. Families are leaving in droves and we' re one of them.

Posted August 09, 2014
The administration is ineffective. There are students with behavioral issues at this school that are not addressed effectively. The supervision provided to the students is inadequate further exacerbating the danger the students are placed in by the behavioral issues. There are plenty of other public and private schools in the city that provide a more rigorous curriculum, have proper supervision, and a principal that can actually perform the job he or she was hired to do with some grace and tact. Holy Spirit is not able to meet this criteria. Don't waste your time or money here.

Posted June 19, 2014
I am a former student at Holy Spirit and will be a freshman next year in highschool. I personally think without this outstanding school, I wouldn't be the person I am today. I graduated with honors and, not to mention, a great class that had the BEST teachers. My classmates have experienced a great Catholic school environment that was, for the past 9-10 years, bully-free, extremely loving, focused on the students, and filled with fun. I love all the aspects of the school, but I do admit to some flaws that need improving. For example, I can tell you straight off the bat, that all of my classmates that went to after school care, myself included, agree completely with the person who commented on May 23, 2011. We all thought the same thing. THE ASC director made 3-5 cry everyday out of ridiculous punishment. For example, we were waiting for ''gym time'' and we were talking. Now so far she hadn't done anything yet, but we reached just one volume peak and she yelled that we had no gym time FOR A WEEK! We thought it was completely unfair for her to do that. Otherwise, this school is AMAZING in its academics, teaching, teachers, environment, and everything else; just needs to improve ASC.

Posted May 03, 2014
I'm genuinely confused as to the comments below. As for the carline issue, I'm scratching my head as I have driven a variety of different cars to pick up my kids (luxury to regular, old, beat-up family sedans) and NEVER have I encountered a difference in how teachers bring my kids to the car nor have a witnessed this with other families! As far as the principal is concerned, again I am confused. While, admittedly, we haven't had that much direct contact with her, she has always been friendly and approachable when I've had comments or questions. In fact, she offered a "Wednesday Words" session every month open to all parents to come and just talk about whatever was on their minds. Luckily, our kids haven't had behavior or academic issues, so we haven't had to deal with her on "tough issues". Also, we have been extremely pleased with the teachers! Yes, they can be "tough" with homework/project assignments, but our kids are thriving! We are so happy with the Catholic Identity and the spiritual values that are being taught! We came from another Catholic school in the archdiocese, which was ridiculously subpar academically, and can now only say how pleased we have been with Holy Spirit!

Holy Spirit Catholic School 2

Posted March 31, 2014
I am very displeased about this school. Although the parent involvement community has been good. There needs to be change in administration. The principal talks down to parents and to students. She is arrogant and likes to intimidate parents, students and staff. There are a few teachers who feel entitled and are "cliquish". During carline pick-up there are a few teachers who will not take the kids to their cars unless the parents drive a certain model or have a certain status. I was heartbroken to hear of the infinite issues regarding the principal and her lack of leadership skills and plan of action. She is tactless and has no faith in the children achieving. She is unprofessional, unethical and leads by fear! Did anyone check her previous employer? I think she needs to go back to Illinois!

Posted February 27, 2014
This school has been disappointing in every way possible from the ineffective administration, to the inadequate curriculum, and the less than mediocre teachers.

Holy Spirit Catholic School 3

Posted January 08, 2014
Please keep in mind that if you are on a waiting list, there are other nearby Catholic Schools that have great reviews without a waiting list. My family pulled my niece out because of cliquish (bullying)behavior that would go uncorrected by teachers and administration. God Bless!

Holy Spirit Catholic School 4

Posted September 17, 2013
Why are there no recent reviews? Is someone taking them off? I just think it's suspicious that there hasn't been a review on this school since Feb. 2013!

Posted February 19, 2013
Just for the record - Holy Spirit Catholic School is having an outstanding year under the leadership of the new Principal - who has 29 years of education experience - 12 as a Principal of a Catholic School and 7 in the Public Sector. (Great combination!)Curriclum allignment and professional Development are two major areas she seems to be focusing on this year. As a parent, it is evident that under her direction, HSCS is stronger today than it has been in the last 5 years. I think if you surveyed the parents today - you would see that the "extremely satisfied" category would be checked for solid academics immersed in our wonderful Catholic faith. I would not even consider sending my kids elsewhere. This community is a place I am proud our family belongs!

Holy Spirit Catholic School
770 West Ramsey Road, San Antonio, TX  78216
Last modified Holy Spirit Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Spirit Catholic School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top