PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted April 13, 2016
We moved to Little Flower mid-term, and we are so happy we did. The staff and students were very welcoming, and because of this, the transition was very easy for my child, which was very important to me. The curriculum is faith-based, but the focus on academics has been a plus. My child's education has been expanded by the use of Chrome Books, as well as the school's excellent computer lab. My child is thriving, and I do not regret the decision to move our family to Little Flower. Our new principal has a great plan for the future, and we are looking forward to coming back next year!

Little Flower Catholic School 2

Posted March 16, 2015
My children have attended LFS for several years and I ve never been as disappointed as I ve been the past 2 yrs. This school has an intense grading scale with tests counting at 40%, yet it fails to give the students the proper tools to succeed. This grading scale change took effect this year (2014-2015) without any notice to parents. I understand setting high expectations so children will aim high, but the same high standard should apply to the staff. The required minimum number of tests are not given. Assignments are not posted on the site. Grades are never current. The school has two online programs (website and school speak) and neither are useful. IT S EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!! The principal is aware of the problem but does nothing to fix it. Additionally, she pretends to be oblivious to teacher/student ratios issues. Wasting resources, expecting a lot, but giving nothing in return is not very Christ-like. If you ask, you will learn of the many children that have left or will be leaving soon. The principal is nice, but she is clearly not capable of managing her staff or the school s resources. We are visiting other schools. My kids will not be returning next year.

Posted January 21, 2015
I have been at this school since Pre-K3, I am now in 7th grade. Reviews said very harsh things about my middle school and I am greatly offended. I have had very fun and memorable moments at my middle school. The teachers aren't that strict and we DO have a councilor. We HAVE many clubs and sports. The teachers are very supportive and helpful. Security at our school is necessary being centrally located in the city but we've never actually had a problem.

Little Flower Catholic School 1

Posted July 09, 2014
I suggest they just turn this school into an elementary school so the children can go to any middle school they want! The middle school there is horrible and that's why I'm taking my child out of that school too. She just isn't in a good middle school environment! The school has nothing to offer, like electives and extra-curricular activities and clubs! That kind of history looks good on high school reum s! The elementary was fine until my child entered middle school. Some people are satisfied with that school but my daughter isn't. The school is pretty harsh too, like what if someone needs a counciler! They don't even have a COUNCILER!!! What a poor school our children our going too! So much has changed since then and this school could end up closing with the disadvantages this school has. SpThis Principal isn't even a good leader! No Principal leadership at all! Sorry to say, not the best school.

Little Flower Catholic School 2

Posted June 25, 2014
We had our child at that school for the last 3 years and changed her for next year. This school is going down hill supper fast since they started to accept state assisted kids who don't pay tuition and keep making problems. Those kids are more than 50% of the population of that school.I can see a big difference now seeing the parents picking up their child,it's really getting low class. We have choosen to put our child there to avoid that population and there they are in mass!!! Message to the principal:those people you are accepting are going only one direction and it's down.The bad thing is that they take you with them.

Posted May 05, 2011
My daughter has been going there since pre-k4 and still attends there. I love the school and some of the teachers. I just do not like it that they keep uping the tuition and these days it is getting hard for me to keep her in school financial. Over all she gets a great education and she has learned alot. We have had struggles with some subjects but a teacher that she has had in the pasted and the principle have help us get her back on track. Sometimes i do not agree or understand things but if you go and talk it out with a teacher, Vice Prinicple or Prinicple they will explain it to you.

Posted March 04, 2011
I LOVE this school! My son has been there for 5 years and have always had positive interactions with all the faculty and staff. I teach in public school and everyday I thank God for the opportunity to be able to send him there!!

Little Flower Catholic School 1

Posted September 21, 2010
Horrible, HORRIBLE SCHOOL! This schools teachers are very rude to the students, and put their self-esteem down. And when a student doesnt do something right, or makes a mistake the teachers have to yell it out to their whole class. This year there is this new thing called H.A.M.M. This is basically a lunch detention. The students, who don t do a homework assignment, have to do it during their lunch period BEFORE they get to eat their lunch, but if they don t get a chance to finish their homework, then they don t get a chance to eat lunch. I think I speak for all parents when saying, that is not right! Say or think whatever you want about my comment, but you dont know what this school is like. honestly think about it...have you spent a day learning and taking disrespect from these teachers, and staff?

Posted January 19, 2010
i have been reading the reviews and I agree and disagree. The principle is great i know i ever have I problem she is there for me. i do agree security is a bit much but its done with the children safety in mind. Teacher are strict but only when needed to be they are always there and have conference periods set particularly for parents. Parent involvement thy are required to do 10hrs. os service hours. That can be done with donation, yard work, or with help during school events. Really its not that bad and its only done to get et parents more involved with the school. There are fundraisers but not all are mandatory. this is a little insite to what the school is like that some parents seem to exaggerate about the attitudes of the staff. At the school you get what you give some times.

Little Flower Catholic School 3

Posted January 11, 2009
Wow! Nov. was quite the pick me upper month. I agree, some things were harshly said. When observed I did notice some of those 'absurd and negative' comments that were made. Look, this school from what I can see is good on their curriculum but, their attitudes do honestly need an adjustment. I know that sometimes being in an administrative position sometimes have their harsh words, and unhappy people. Make changes within yourselves. Sometimes I think that the administrators seem to forget that they (the parents) need you(the faculty and staff) as much as you need the parents. Because without each other it DOES NOT work. Think about that before saying things to those parents who do have issue with the faculty and staff.

Little Flower Catholic School
905 Kentucky Avenue, San Antonio, TX  78201
Last modified Little Flower Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8