Little Flower Catholic School 1

Posted July 09, 2014
I suggest they just turn this school into an elementary school so the children can go to any middle school they want! The middle school there is horrible and that's why I'm taking my child out of that school too. She just isn't in a good middle school environment! The school has nothing to offer, like electives and extra-curricular activities and clubs! That kind of history looks good on high school reum s! The elementary was fine until my child entered middle school. Some people are satisfied with that school but my daughter isn't. The school is pretty harsh too, like what if someone needs a counciler! They don't even have a COUNCILER!!! What a poor school our children our going too! So much has changed since then and this school could end up closing with the disadvantages this school has. SpThis Principal isn't even a good leader! No Principal leadership at all! Sorry to say, not the best school.

Little Flower Catholic School 2

Posted June 25, 2014
We had our child at that school for the last 3 years and changed her for next year. This school is going down hill supper fast since they started to accept state assisted kids who don't pay tuition and keep making problems. Those kids are more than 50% of the population of that school.I can see a big difference now seeing the parents picking up their child,it's really getting low class. We have choosen to put our child there to avoid that population and there they are in mass!!! Message to the principal:those people you are accepting are going only one direction and it's down.The bad thing is that they take you with them.

Posted May 05, 2011
My daughter has been going there since pre-k4 and still attends there. I love the school and some of the teachers. I just do not like it that they keep uping the tuition and these days it is getting hard for me to keep her in school financial. Over all she gets a great education and she has learned alot. We have had struggles with some subjects but a teacher that she has had in the pasted and the principle have help us get her back on track. Sometimes i do not agree or understand things but if you go and talk it out with a teacher, Vice Prinicple or Prinicple they will explain it to you.

Posted March 04, 2011
I LOVE this school! My son has been there for 5 years and have always had positive interactions with all the faculty and staff. I teach in public school and everyday I thank God for the opportunity to be able to send him there!!

Little Flower Catholic School 1

Posted September 21, 2010
Horrible, HORRIBLE SCHOOL! This schools teachers are very rude to the students, and put their self-esteem down. And when a student doesnt do something right, or makes a mistake the teachers have to yell it out to their whole class. This year there is this new thing called H.A.M.M. This is basically a lunch detention. The students, who don t do a homework assignment, have to do it during their lunch period BEFORE they get to eat their lunch, but if they don t get a chance to finish their homework, then they don t get a chance to eat lunch. I think I speak for all parents when saying, that is not right! Say or think whatever you want about my comment, but you dont know what this school is like. honestly think about it...have you spent a day learning and taking disrespect from these teachers, and staff?

Posted March 01, 2010

Posted January 20, 2010

Posted January 19, 2010
i have been reading the reviews and I agree and disagree. The principle is great i know i ever have I problem she is there for me. i do agree security is a bit much but its done with the children safety in mind. Teacher are strict but only when needed to be they are always there and have conference periods set particularly for parents. Parent involvement thy are required to do 10hrs. os service hours. That can be done with donation, yard work, or with help during school events. Really its not that bad and its only done to get et parents more involved with the school. There are fundraisers but not all are mandatory. this is a little insite to what the school is like that some parents seem to exaggerate about the attitudes of the staff. At the school you get what you give some times.

Posted January 11, 2009
Wow! Nov. was quite the pick me upper month. I agree, some things were harshly said. When observed I did notice some of those 'absurd and negative' comments that were made. Look, this school from what I can see is good on their curriculum but, their attitudes do honestly need an adjustment. I know that sometimes being in an administrative position sometimes have their harsh words, and unhappy people. Make changes within yourselves. Sometimes I think that the administrators seem to forget that they (the parents) need you(the faculty and staff) as much as you need the parents. Because without each other it DOES NOT work. Think about that before saying things to those parents who do have issue with the faculty and staff.

Posted November 18, 2008
I'm a parent that had a child attend Little Flower School from kinder through the 8th grade. I read all the reviews on this site and agree with most by saying that academics, including instruction on christian morality, is second to none. Informative and dedicated faculty create a fun and supportive learning environment. This is due in large part by a charasmatic principal that, through her leadership, makes the performance of her staff that much better. Security is also a priority at the school. I'm aware of certain rules and procedures that are in place to keep everyone safe. Contrary to some complaints, there is communication between teachers and parents, which is essential to the student's education and well being. The negative and absurd comments made against the principal and staff is simply a reminder that every year a few parents(and teachers) feel they are above the rules.

Little Flower Catholic School
905 Kentucky Avenue, San Antonio, TX  78201
Last modified Little Flower Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Little Flower Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top