PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We are new to the school and every time we have had a question for the office the ladies there never have an answer. There have been functions where they ask for donations and we do not get an explanation as to what the proceeds are for? You can not assume that because it is something the school does every year that someone new to the school is automatically going to know what is going on. The pick up line after school is ridiculous. There is definitely room for improvement. This is our first year and not sure my child will be returning next year. For the amount of monthly tuition we are paying I was expecting a little more.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Depends on the teacher. Some do try.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Teachers use homework as a punishment. Antiquated teaching methods. My son stays up for hours doing homework.

The organization at the school needs a lot of help. Revolving door with the administration. Constantly asking for extra money it's not just the tuition. There isn't a week that something isn't requested. Cookie Dough, Teacher Appreciation, Thanksgiving Luncheon, Bingo, Raffle Tickets, 90th anniversary t-shirt sale, book fair, Halloween Festival Donation. This was just September through November it all adds up. Antiquated teaching methods by some of the teachers. Parents are turned off and have chosen not get involved. We have been at the school for several years and we see it getting worse.

We moved to Little Flower mid-term, and we are so happy we did. The staff and students were very welcoming, and because of this, the transition was very easy for my child, which was very important to me. The curriculum is faith-based, but the focus on academics has been a plus. My child's education has been expanded by the use of Chrome Books, as well as the school's excellent computer lab. My child is thriving, and I do not regret the decision to move our family to Little Flower. Our new principal has a great plan for the future, and we are looking forward to coming back next year!

My children have attended LFS for several years and I ve never been as disappointed as I ve been the past 2 yrs. This school has an intense grading scale with tests counting at 40%, yet it fails to give the students the proper tools to succeed. This grading scale change took effect this year (2014-2015) without any notice to parents. I understand setting high expectations so children will aim high, but the same high standard should apply to the staff. The required minimum number of tests are not given. Assignments are not posted on the site. Grades are never current. The school has two online programs (website and school speak) and neither are useful. IT S EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!! The principal is aware of the problem but does nothing to fix it. Additionally, she pretends to be oblivious to teacher/student ratios issues. Wasting resources, expecting a lot, but giving nothing in return is not very Christ-like. If you ask, you will learn of the many children that have left or will be leaving soon. The principal is nice, but she is clearly not capable of managing her staff or the school s resources. We are visiting other schools. My kids will not be returning next year.

I have been at this school since Pre-K3, I am now in 7th grade. Reviews said very harsh things about my middle school and I am greatly offended. I have had very fun and memorable moments at my middle school. The teachers aren't that strict and we DO have a councilor. We HAVE many clubs and sports. The teachers are very supportive and helpful. Security at our school is necessary being centrally located in the city but we've never actually had a problem.

I suggest they just turn this school into an elementary school so the children can go to any middle school they want! The middle school there is horrible and that's why I'm taking my child out of that school too. She just isn't in a good middle school environment! The school has nothing to offer, like electives and extra-curricular activities and clubs! That kind of history looks good on high school reum s! The elementary was fine until my child entered middle school. Some people are satisfied with that school but my daughter isn't. The school is pretty harsh too, like what if someone needs a counciler! They don't even have a COUNCILER!!! What a poor school our children our going too! So much has changed since then and this school could end up closing with the disadvantages this school has. SpThis Principal isn't even a good leader! No Principal leadership at all! Sorry to say, not the best school.

We had our child at that school for the last 3 years and changed her for next year. This school is going down hill supper fast since they started to accept state assisted kids who don't pay tuition and keep making problems. Those kids are more than 50% of the population of that school.I can see a big difference now seeing the parents picking up their child,it's really getting low class. We have choosen to put our child there to avoid that population and there they are in mass!!! Message to the principal:those people you are accepting are going only one direction and it's down.The bad thing is that they take you with them.

My daughter has been going there since pre-k4 and still attends there. I love the school and some of the teachers. I just do not like it that they keep uping the tuition and these days it is getting hard for me to keep her in school financial. Over all she gets a great education and she has learned alot. We have had struggles with some subjects but a teacher that she has had in the pasted and the principle have help us get her back on track. Sometimes i do not agree or understand things but if you go and talk it out with a teacher, Vice Prinicple or Prinicple they will explain it to you.

Last modified Little Flower Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8