Mt Sacred Heart School 3

Posted August 22, 2014
I can only compare this to another Catholic school my child attended, and I can honestly say this school needs some modern overhaul. I paid down to the dollar for every item my child needed, i.e. school planner, gym bag, backpack, etc. Moreover, everything had to be the school color of maroon, including jackets in the fall and winter months. More uniform options are necessary. One spring/summer uniform, and one fall/winter uniform are not enough. The staff is semi-friendly. They definitely need more than one individual to answer the phone lines/help in the office. Completely unforgiving when it comes to being late for school, regardless of traffic on the roads; that is just not a good excuse. I would also suggest they sink money toward an actual art teacher considering this is a liberal arts school. An art teacher is a better option, than the excuse they had for a dance instructor. I didn't know who I was more embarrassed for at the recital, the instructor or my child. As far as academics, I felt in some subjects they were behind, and seemed like they were teaching core-curriculum. My child enjoyed the school, but thought her previous one was better, I can concur.

Posted January 15, 2014
We love this school. We shopped around for a catholic school and are so glad we found a home here. We love the teachers and we love the community. Academics, safety, and opportunities for our kids have been great - so far we have found it all here. I really admire the school's appreciation for the religious sisters who are still a part of the students lives. I gave it 5 stars because we had been at another school and never experienced so much warmth. Hope to be here for a long time. If you're shopping for a school you really should consider this one .

Posted October 31, 2013
I have to agree with the previous review. If you can get past the sad behavior of some of the parents you will love this school! Our children are doing fantastic and we cannot say enough about the administration. Mrs Harrold and Mrs Casto are very hands on and Diana Cavazos is one of the sweetest and most genuine people I have ever met. The teachers are the best and take time with each child to ensure success. Thats really all we could ask for in a school. So if you are looking at our school for your child just know that they will soar with the Eagles!!!!!!

Posted May 01, 2013
This is my first year at MSH and I say that I enjoy it better than at Charles Graebner Elementary School. I love it at Mount. I think that Mount will really help me in my middle school years

Mt Sacred Heart School 2

Posted December 05, 2012
The school tries. It really does. But if you can avoid the High School behavior of the parents and look past the teachers horrible temperament to deal with students in a professional manner, then you should be fine. I just don't think it's appropriate for a second grade teacher to tip over students desks because they cant find papers! innapropriate!!

Posted August 18, 2012
Mount Sacred Heart Parent for 9 years. The environment and discussions among the students are different compared to public school. The involvement of the parents regardless of "The Clicks" don't change the fact that most of them make the effort to be very involved in the school and the children. My children make all A's and are very bright. The school has a part in this. I recommend MSH and many other private schools.

Posted July 27, 2012
We have been at Mount for a few years now and are very happy with the community and close family atomsphere that everyone is a part of. We are blessed to still have sisters in our school. The academics are challenging, teachers are involved, dedicated and caring of every student. We are very happy at Mount Sacred Heart.

Mt Sacred Heart School 2

Posted January 23, 2012
Mt Sacred Heart School fails to meet the expectations of being a school of excellence. The school leadership is poor and lacks the focus of the school's mission. It is obvious that the decisions of the principal are driven by parents and "clicks" that contribute substantial amounts of time and funds. Unfortunately, several outstanding students (in academics, athletics, and arts) are overshadowed by poor decisions and favoritism. The majority of the teachers display a lot of compassion and support for the student body. However, the tensions in the school environment are obvious. The principal's interaction with the teacher's does not appear supportive, welcoming, or pleasant.

Mt Sacred Heart School 1

Posted November 02, 2011
My experience with Mount Sacred Heart was such a disappointing one. MSH was once a school with such a great reputation, but due to a new Principle and poor leadership, the school is in my opinion substandard. My son attended the Montessori program and it was a complete train wreak! Disorganization, poor excuse for Montessori education, ratios that are just as sad as public school ratios. During recess there were over 100 Montessori children (21/2 yr old to 5 year olds) (4 classes of 25 each) with minimal supervision on a substandard playground with substandard playground equipment, nothing that revealed Montessori or Early Childhood principles. We lasted a little over a month and pulled our son out. He is now at an exceptional academically accelerated school and is doing better than we could ever imagine. I agree with many others and are familiar with the inner school politics of MHS and believe the principle has forced many great teachers out and students as well.

Mt Sacred Heart School 1

Posted October 24, 2011
This school has fallen so far from where it once was because of the current principle. She refuses to take responsibility when the school is clearly at fault and blames anyone and everyone she can. She has chased off excellent teachers and students alike and sees nothing wrong with this. Poor leadership is the root cause of all the problems at MSH. pulling my child from MSH was the best thing we did. I only wish we would have done it sooner.

Mt Sacred Heart School
619 Mount Sacred Heart Road, San Antonio, TX  78216
Last modified Mt Sacred Heart School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Mt Sacred Heart School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.