San Antonio, TX

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted May 26, 2015
Bullying is not tolerated and the girls get to be close and really respect each other. My daughter had trouble at other schools because of her "unique " personality, but at providence she was truly accepted for who she is. There everyone can be themselves.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 26, 2015
The schoo aims to build strong women committed to knowledge, faith and justice. They practice that in their service hours, the religion classes and their rules.

Posted November 13, 2014
We have been very happy with this school. The classes have been challenging as our daughter was used to making As without much effort in public school. The teachers here are caring and our daughter has made good friends. The school offers lots of opportunities to be involved for everyone.

Posted July 21, 2013
While looking for middle schools for my girl, we wanted a school that would nurture our daughter intellectually, socially, in a faith based environment, and develop her into a woman who had self confidence and prepare her well for college. It is great that Providence goes from middle school to high school so a child can gather "momentum" in her development. We find Providence to emphasize academics, nurture the young women with individual attention, and foster a family atmosphere. My daughter has always done well academically but has found a school where she truly feels like she belongs, made many friends, has no bullying, where she can concentrate on academics and feel nurtured in a critical time of her development. We feel Providence provides an outstanding education, has small class sizes, places graduates into excellent colleges, and has an extremely responsive administration from the Principal on down (they constantly look at how to improve with feedback from parents). They compete quite well compared to schools with 3 times their tuition. I would give this school 10 stars if I could and find the tuition we pay quite a bargain given the education my daughter receives.

Posted July 19, 2013
My daughter was not a lover of school .. we became accustomed to daily battles about 'mean' teachers, 'mean' students, indifferent administrators. We chose Providence based on a friends' recommendation and crossed our fingers hoping that things would be better for her. WE ARE SO PLEASED! She looks forward to school each day, stays late to hang out in the library or for tutoring. She has many friends, and is planning to try out for a sports team. In short Providence changed my daughter's attitude completely. We are very, very pleased with her attitude and motivation. We are very pleased about the academic atmosphere fostered at the school. In short all the elements we wanted for her, academics, athletics, ethics, friendship, respect are available to her.

Posted April 16, 2013
After plodging through a mediocre parochial grade school, my daughter is excelling in Providence High School. She is excited to have so many unique and genuine friends, challenged by the academic regimen, and enthralled by the variety of artistic electives. I am astonished to see how well she has developed in one year, spiritually, scholastically, and socially. She absolutely hates to miss school for any reason since becoming Providence student.

Providence Catholic School 4

Posted July 29, 2012
As a former student and alumnae of this institution, I can firmly attest that the education and values that I had received from Providence High School was highly beneficial to my future. I graduated almost ten years ago, and in those ten years I look back and am sincerely grateful to Sisters of Divine Providence for preparing me for my Undergraduate and Graduate work. I will say that even when I was in high school there were bullies that loved to terrorize girls who were different from the rest of the pack. Our graduating class had a major problem with this issue. In short, Providence will prepare your daughter for college, but she will have to develop tough skin in order to survive through graduation.

Posted July 17, 2012
We have a middle schooler at Providence and moving her to this school was the best decision we have made. She has gained confidence, made some really good friends and has had the opportunity to participate in sports and many different school clubs. The teachers are tough but they do provide the tools to succeed in their classes, the students just need to take advantage of the extra tutoring or after school workshops. We look forward to the new school year!

Posted July 12, 2012
Our daughter is going into the 8th grade she loves it at providence so do we she has learned how take charge of her time

Posted July 28, 2011
This is my Fifth year at providence and it is everything i could ever ask for in a school. its not the easiest to get through, but it's worth it. honestly i don't appreciate the comments about the middle school. THERE ARE BULLIES EVERYWHERE!!! and believe me, when teachers find out, THEY ARE KICKED OUT! But, you can't aviod mean people your whole life. this is a place where if you have a problem, you can easily fix it. it is a small school and the teachers are there around the clock to help you and work for you. WE are there #1 priority. Our school is competitive and quite successful. Don't knock it until you try it guys. And if you didn't like it, then you didn't try hard enough.

1215 North Saint Mary's Street, San Antonio, TX  78215
Last modified Providence Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Providence Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 85 reviews. Top