San Antonio, TX

Posted November 13, 2014
We have been very happy with this school. The classes have been challenging as our daughter was used to making As without much effort in public school. The teachers here are caring and our daughter has made good friends. The school offers lots of opportunities to be involved for everyone.

Posted July 21, 2013
While looking for middle schools for my girl, we wanted a school that would nurture our daughter intellectually, socially, in a faith based environment, and develop her into a woman who had self confidence and prepare her well for college. It is great that Providence goes from middle school to high school so a child can gather "momentum" in her development. We find Providence to emphasize academics, nurture the young women with individual attention, and foster a family atmosphere. My daughter has always done well academically but has found a school where she truly feels like she belongs, made many friends, has no bullying, where she can concentrate on academics and feel nurtured in a critical time of her development. We feel Providence provides an outstanding education, has small class sizes, places graduates into excellent colleges, and has an extremely responsive administration from the Principal on down (they constantly look at how to improve with feedback from parents). They compete quite well compared to schools with 3 times their tuition. I would give this school 10 stars if I could and find the tuition we pay quite a bargain given the education my daughter receives.

Posted July 19, 2013
My daughter was not a lover of school .. we became accustomed to daily battles about 'mean' teachers, 'mean' students, indifferent administrators. We chose Providence based on a friends' recommendation and crossed our fingers hoping that things would be better for her. WE ARE SO PLEASED! She looks forward to school each day, stays late to hang out in the library or for tutoring. She has many friends, and is planning to try out for a sports team. In short Providence changed my daughter's attitude completely. We are very, very pleased with her attitude and motivation. We are very pleased about the academic atmosphere fostered at the school. In short all the elements we wanted for her, academics, athletics, ethics, friendship, respect are available to her.

Posted April 16, 2013
After plodging through a mediocre parochial grade school, my daughter is excelling in Providence High School. She is excited to have so many unique and genuine friends, challenged by the academic regimen, and enthralled by the variety of artistic electives. I am astonished to see how well she has developed in one year, spiritually, scholastically, and socially. She absolutely hates to miss school for any reason since becoming Providence student.

Providence Catholic School 4

Posted July 29, 2012
As a former student and alumnae of this institution, I can firmly attest that the education and values that I had received from Providence High School was highly beneficial to my future. I graduated almost ten years ago, and in those ten years I look back and am sincerely grateful to Sisters of Divine Providence for preparing me for my Undergraduate and Graduate work. I will say that even when I was in high school there were bullies that loved to terrorize girls who were different from the rest of the pack. Our graduating class had a major problem with this issue. In short, Providence will prepare your daughter for college, but she will have to develop tough skin in order to survive through graduation.

Posted July 12, 2012
Our daughter is going into the 8th grade she loves it at providence so do we she has learned how take charge of her time

Posted July 28, 2011
This is my Fifth year at providence and it is everything i could ever ask for in a school. its not the easiest to get through, but it's worth it. honestly i don't appreciate the comments about the middle school. THERE ARE BULLIES EVERYWHERE!!! and believe me, when teachers find out, THEY ARE KICKED OUT! But, you can't aviod mean people your whole life. this is a place where if you have a problem, you can easily fix it. it is a small school and the teachers are there around the clock to help you and work for you. WE are there #1 priority. Our school is competitive and quite successful. Don't knock it until you try it guys. And if you didn't like it, then you didn't try hard enough.

Providence Catholic School 1

Posted January 19, 2011
I hear great things about the High school but if you think you are going to get the same experience in the Middle School I am sorry to disappoint you. PPS is not a place for your daughter. The teachers are rude and have no business in a classroom setting when they consistently yell and demean students in front of the class. Teachers do not respect the students and are very comfortable in their positions. The "Mean Girls" of the school are tolerated and terrorize other students while the faculty does absolutely NOTHING! I assure you that the lack of self esteem your daughter will receive attending this Middle School is not worth it.

Posted August 10, 2010
I just graduated from Providence this year (2010) and I can truly say that this school is incredible. I am now on my way to a prestigious 4yr University and feel fully prepared due to the school. If your daughter attends Providence she will feel immediately at home, everyone is friendly, the staff and teachers are great and willing to spend time one on one if needed, and being located right downtown the school is culturally diverse, welcoming all. DO take advantage of as many AP courses as possible they are rigorous and can possibly save money in the long run for example I don't have to take another english or history course in college. The school also offers great extra-curricular activities and clubs. A band program is also offered and this is the only co-ed class with Central Catholic, I was in band and loved it. <3 PHS

Providence Catholic School 4

Posted July 06, 2010
My daughter attended Providence Prepatory for grades 6th thru 8th and is getting ready to be a Freshman there. Providence is a great school with a low student to teacher ratio & a faith based education. My daughter attended the ACTS retreat during the Summer & not only wants to go every year until she graduates but has encouraged me to attend one as well. She is on the volleyball team, which has good commoradory. The importants of volunteering in the community is taught & shown to them by requiring them to achieve service hours through out the year. The teachers love teaching there & it shows through their dedication & understanding.

Providence Catholic School
1215 North Saint Mary's Street, San Antonio, TX  78215
Last modified Providence Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Providence Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top