San Antonio, TX

St Cecilia School 4

Posted January 10, 2011
I think the school is great. Sure it could use some remodeling but the families are great, the teachers make the time to go the extra mile. I myself attended STC Pre-K through Eighth, as did my mother before me. I intend on teaching there once I get my degree. (Next year.) I do wish they had more Sisters and less lay teachers but in the end I think it is satisfactory.

Posted October 19, 2009

Posted July 20, 2009
The principal was terrific, but there is just no comparison between certified teachers (like public schools) and uncertified 'teachers' (like private schools). My son attended 2 years, and while I sincerely loved the 'family' atmosphere, the education being delivered was more than unsatisfactory. The teachers (that my son had) did not make an effort to contact parents, they made absolutely no effort to connect. This was a deal breaker for our family. We loved Ms. Crow, but she is not in the classroom and the education was severely mediocre. I want more for my child and he now attends school with certified teachers, not just those with any degree who think 'wow, i have a degree, teaching sounds easy, i think i'll do that' Our kiddos deserve more, and I want more for my child. I believe in religious education, I just can't risk my child's future to prove it.

St Cecilia School 0

Posted April 27, 2009
It makes me very upset that people are saying that if your new you would not be accepted into this 'family'! That is so false!!! I myself attended this school till 8th grade and now my child goes there! She was a new student a year ago and i was welcomed by everyone! I love this school it is very dear to me and all my friends who attended with me! This school is like a family and we are very welcoming. Yes i think the school is a little old and needs some remolding but Ms. Crow the Principle has done alot of hard work to make it what it has become! When i attend a few years back it was worse and i can see the improvements she and the staff has made and it feels great to know that people care about our kids!

St Cecilia School 2

Posted November 20, 2008
One of my children attended this school and after some consideration and some time we decided to change schools. There is lack of communication and lack of respect. The staff and certain parents that were involved with the school had to like you and you had to be part of their little family. That is not the kind of atmosphere i wanted my child in. We changed schools and could not be happier. We were blessed to have gone to a school where everybody cares. Hope things get better for this school. I still hear things are the same...

St Cecilia School 0

Posted November 14, 2008
This is the first year my children have attended St. Cecilia s Catholic School, my children myself and my husband were welcomed with open loving arms. The staff is very loving and caring, the parents are wonderful. My children came from a public school and the difference is amazing. All the children in the school know, love and respect one another. They truly are one big family. I can never imagine sending my children back to public school.

St Cecilia School 5

Posted February 04, 2008
I have been going to this school for two years now. This school could use some remodeling but I think that being there is a great way to start unending friendships. This school has taught me more about my religion and has taught me that this school is like a second family.

Posted October 16, 2007
My son attended for one year and several of my family members have attended their entire academic career. The school is very old and delapidated. Materials are grossly out of date. If your child is not one who began her/his kinder year and beyond, it is difficult to be accepted by the St. Cecilia's community of parents. As a parent who is paying tuition, I would have loved more open communication. I wish that funding for the school was better, the school is a staple of the southside.

St Cecilia School 3

Posted October 12, 2007
This school is in need of remodeling and updates are in dire need. It's a small school and unless you are already a part of their 'family' it is hard and can take some time to be accepted by them. Teachers are okay and the books used are very old.

St Cecilia School 5

Posted July 27, 2007
We are a family not just a school. They have wonderful extracurricular activities and my daughter chose basketball and her team won a majority of the games played. Although are children are not in the same grade we (the parents and students)all know each other. They are not only to learn reading, writing, math, science, social studies and spelling they also have to learn religion. I recommend this school to all who believe in the choice to choose between public and private schools.

St Cecilia School