PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

As a former parent, board member, and donor to this school, I know first had the horrific changes that have come about. The new administration relies on a buddy system to get things done. Several donors have left due to this administration, that is why they are in financial trouble. Things that used to be donated are now costing the school thousands of dollars. Money that was used for education is now lining the pockets of the "building maintenance", and other programs. Before attending this school ask them why have so many left.

Bullying and favoritism! Also, teachers gossip more than the kids do!

We are new to the area, the admissions process was smooth, very friendly staff and the teachers we've met so far have been fantastic. There is just so much value to feeling so completely welcome in a place. We love it here.

I only went to this school for 1/2 a year, coincidentally it only took 1/2 a year for it to ruin my leaf. Love Jesus a hella lot though, he my ride or die.

Our family is having a wonderful time at St Gregory the Great. This last week was report card week. It was a good report. My children love to go to school. They feel empowered, safe, loved, inspired. The friends they have met will be lifelong friends. Sure, I'm a little overwhelmed at the amount of feedback (homework and bad grade red flags) I get from teachers, staff, coaches and from other school communication channels. But I think I finally accepted that I had to be a better and more active participant in my kids' development. Why? The school compels you to do your part as a parent. They hold you accountable through Renweb and take-home notebooks. Before, I was content to be a dud parent who complained about the bad report card but seldom knew what was going on. As a parent, the only way to be out of the loop at St Gregory the Great is to literally decide to ignore or reject the solid communication (conveniently delivered electronically to your computer or phone) you receive from the staff. It is like the whole school has conspired to help my kids succeed, from tutoring to discipline, from worship to athletics. I'm looking for great things from my kids.

I am not sure about that parent who posted on Sept 29th but my kids have never been bullied at SGS. In looking over math scores, my children have consistently scored over 75%. It's a great community.

I agree this school has a significant problem with allowing children who bully and act inapprorpiately to remain here and repeatedly harm other children both physically and verbally with few consequences. We have seen this happen at many grade levels and lots of folks have left due to this concern. The math curriculum and instruction has been lacking for many years. The administration has been laregely unresponsive to many issues for several years and problems with facilities, curriculum, discipline, policies, etc. have been slow to resolve. The faculty are an amazing group of people but don't have the right support or materials they need. This school places a lot of emphasis on helping those who have special learning needs and very little to challenge those who excel. Very disappointed with how things have gone over the years as the decline in all areas has been terrible.

I cannot say enough good things about this school. We transferred our child from a public school (which by the way had "certified teachers"), because my child could not read or write at grade level. Even though we asked several times how my child was doing and the teacher said "fine." Once I was able to see the work, which I asked for several times, we finally realized that my child couldn't read or write. When we got to St. Gregory's the Great,my child caught up to grade level in no time due to the awesome tutoring offered by the school. Within 2 years, my child is now reading and writing well above grade level. Even now, we are discovering there are other learning issues with my child and SGS school is working well with us to figure out a plan for my child. The teachers love their jobs. It is a calling for them and it shows in how they deal with the children. We have now placed our other children at this school and have experienced nothing but positive atmosphere and outcomes. I love how the teachers love the children, but still expect them to behave and be respectful. They balance this nicely. Again, I can't say enough good things about this school.

I like how St. Gregory the Great celebrates their Catholic faith! Mass every week, Stations and Chaplet during Lent, prayers, devotions. My child is always sharing with me how they pray and learn more about their faith every day. Beautiful! I like going to Mass with them when I can.

This is the last year my children will attend this school. This school has a priority of pointing fingers at students rather than having teaching as their priority. The majority of these teachers are not State Certified to teach. If they had passed the required test, they would be at a public school getting more money. This school has an enrollment of probably 75% Hispanics. Their website reflects many student pictures of others than Hispanics. And then again, those pictured are children of the administration and teachers. These students are the preferred of the school. What keeps this school going is the mandatory raffles and tickets every student is required to sell. The unsold tickets will be added to the student's tuition. I have checked other schools and have found out there are several other private schools where my children will be exposed to better quality of teaching and be recognized as an individual student and helped by a teacher.

Last modified St. Gregory the Great School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8