No rating

St. Leo the Great Catholic School

Private | PK-8 | 165 students

Living in San Antonio

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $65,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $660.

Posted June 4, 2014

All this school cares about is YOUR MONEY and not your childs education ! Don't forget to do your sevice hours cuz they will poke your eyes with $25 for each hour you are lacking. If you dont sell your raffel tickets, congratulations you just bought them !

Posted January 27, 2012

This school is a well kept inner city secret. Small class sizes, good teacher ratios, dedicated staff and administration as well as strong academic expectations. The atmosphere is small and family like, very protective of their children. Do not come here if you are not prepared to become involved in school activites and fundraisers. The only down fall is the current lack extra curricular activites. Pep Squad and atheletics are not for everyone.

Posted April 20, 2010

WE have three children at this school. There has not been a single instance in 4 years since we enrolled our first child there that we have had a single doubt as to whether we made the right choice. We love the school and our children are learning not only the core subjects but also about our faith in a manner consistent with our beliefs and which also shows itself in how they carry themselves outside of the school setting. Great place to have your child or children obtain an education in a safe environment.

Posted July 14, 2009

My grandson is dyslexic, and he had gone to a school that specialized in this area. But it didn't help. What did help were the faculty and administration who made it a mission for my grandson to learn and to even win an academic award.

Posted October 29, 2008

Our children enjoy their classes and we appreciate the work and dedication the teachers provide to them. Students are given personal attention by the teachers. Younger classes have a range of 20 to 25 students per teacher while the upper grades have much smaller classes and allow for individualized teaching. We are disappointed with the lack of amenities such as a dedicated music/fine arts room and program but understand the school may lack the capabilities and funding to provide such things at this time. The administration requires a high level of participation from families in school fundraising and events and also requires the teachers to serve in many roles beyond just teaching in the classroom. Overall a decent school with room for improvement.

Posted May 9, 2008

During the first three years of my son's life I worried because of the school that he would have to go to. Fortunately I came across a banner on the street about St. Leo's. Only God could have helped me find this school. I love it, my son loves it and even my daughter loves it(she doesn't even go to school yet). The school is very family oriented. The teachers go above and beyond to help you and your children. The environment is really friendly and at ease. Thanks to this school I leave my kid at school with no worry. God guided me to find this school and hopefully you will find the best school for your children like I did.

Posted November 26, 2007

My two children have been a part of St. Leo School for the past 8 years. They love it and my husband and I would not have them anywhere else. We don't have to worry about their safety. We like the small community atmosphere. All the parents know each other and the teachers and the principal know all of the students by name, even the ones that are not in their class. The older kids mentor the younger ones and I have seen middle school teenagers interact with the elementary and pre-school kids. This is something not often seen in today's society. I have also noticed the difference in the way the children behave. The children at St. Leo the Great are very well behaved and very polite. Imagine that a polite teenager! This is great school all around and we are very glad to be a part of it.

Posted November 9, 2007

not a good school to send your child to. the principal that is in charge is completely biased and takes out personal vendettas towards students if their parents dont completlet comply with what she wants. great school if you agree with her every word.

Posted September 19, 2007

I moved my child to a private school because I wanted a better quality of education that a public school did not have time to give to him or could not give because they were too busy with the taks testing. St Leo's is the the best school I've come to know. The staff and parents all come together for two goals and that's giving your child a high quality education and solid foundation with God. They are one big family there and I would not have it any other way. I recommend St Leo's to anyone that is looking for those qualities in a school.

Posted August 24, 2007

Our family has been a part of the St. Leo School community for 14 years. We are very pleased with the education our 3 children have recieved. One child is currenty in middle school while the other 2 have since graduated and moved on. St. Leo's is a great school with a very safe environment. We feel blessed that our child have attended a school that has provided the highest quality academic and spiritual education. The school faculty and staff have always been dedicated to the development of every student. We highly recommend it!

Posted February 19, 2007

When considering a Catholic school parents should not only consider student to teacher ration and tuition, but also the adolescent environment placed on the child. After my child left St. Leo he excelled in every academic class he was enrolled in and was a star athlete in competitive sports. My child grew to be not only well accepted by his peers but with his teachers as well. Sadly, St. Leo could not provide this environment for him. He was enrolled during middle school and the other children ridiculed him every day and made his life miserable. I would not recommend this school to anyone!

Posted January 25, 2007

I was surprised at the content of academics in the PK3 program. My daughter has learned much more than I expected at her age. All the teachers know my daughter even though she is not in their class. It is a home away from home and a second family for my daughter. My two youngest will be enrolling for the next school year. Even though they are not currently students, some of the teachers and office personnel and even the principal are already familiar with them and know them by name. The entire faculty has made us welcome and at ease!

Posted March 25, 2006

St. Leo's School in San Antonio is truly a great school. I attended this school along with my two brothers for 9 years from 1975 to 1984. There were 800 students enrolled. The children receive an abundance of attention not just from their homeroom teacher, but from all the teachers. The principal has a vision for the school and knows each child by name. My two children attend this school and have grown leaps and bounds in thier first year here. Thanks to a tuition supplement program available to the parents, the strain of paying the tuition is lessoned. Thanks to the faculty and office personnel this first year has been great.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian or Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • Outstanding Leader in Catholic Education Award (2003)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (210) 532-5997

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Transportation options
  • None
  • Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of San Antonio

• Drama

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Parents are very involved at our school. they provide many service hours, they are coaches, teachers, electricians, business people. they give their time and talent to our school because they know how important parent involvement truly is to the success of their children