Posted June 04, 2014
All this school cares about is YOUR MONEY and not your childs education ! Don't forget to do your sevice hours cuz they will poke your eyes with $25 for each hour you are lacking. If you dont sell your raffel tickets, congratulations you just bought them !

Posted January 27, 2012
This school is a well kept inner city secret. Small class sizes, good teacher ratios, dedicated staff and administration as well as strong academic expectations. The atmosphere is small and family like, very protective of their children. Do not come here if you are not prepared to become involved in school activites and fundraisers. The only down fall is the current lack extra curricular activites. Pep Squad and atheletics are not for everyone.

St. Leo the Great Catholic School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
WE have three children at this school. There has not been a single instance in 4 years since we enrolled our first child there that we have had a single doubt as to whether we made the right choice. We love the school and our children are learning not only the core subjects but also about our faith in a manner consistent with our beliefs and which also shows itself in how they carry themselves outside of the school setting. Great place to have your child or children obtain an education in a safe environment.

Posted July 14, 2009
My grandson is dyslexic, and he had gone to a school that specialized in this area. But it didn't help. What did help were the faculty and administration who made it a mission for my grandson to learn and to even win an academic award.

St. Leo the Great Catholic School 3

Posted October 29, 2008
Our children enjoy their classes and we appreciate the work and dedication the teachers provide to them. Students are given personal attention by the teachers. Younger classes have a range of 20 to 25 students per teacher while the upper grades have much smaller classes and allow for individualized teaching. We are disappointed with the lack of amenities such as a dedicated music/fine arts room and program but understand the school may lack the capabilities and funding to provide such things at this time. The administration requires a high level of participation from families in school fundraising and events and also requires the teachers to serve in many roles beyond just teaching in the classroom. Overall a decent school with room for improvement.

Posted May 09, 2008
During the first three years of my son's life I worried because of the school that he would have to go to. Fortunately I came across a banner on the street about St. Leo's. Only God could have helped me find this school. I love it, my son loves it and even my daughter loves it(she doesn't even go to school yet). The school is very family oriented. The teachers go above and beyond to help you and your children. The environment is really friendly and at ease. Thanks to this school I leave my kid at school with no worry. God guided me to find this school and hopefully you will find the best school for your children like I did.

Posted February 24, 2008

Posted November 26, 2007
My two children have been a part of St. Leo School for the past 8 years. They love it and my husband and I would not have them anywhere else. We don't have to worry about their safety. We like the small community atmosphere. All the parents know each other and the teachers and the principal know all of the students by name, even the ones that are not in their class. The older kids mentor the younger ones and I have seen middle school teenagers interact with the elementary and pre-school kids. This is something not often seen in today's society. I have also noticed the difference in the way the children behave. The children at St. Leo the Great are very well behaved and very polite. Imagine that a polite teenager! This is great school all around and we are very glad to be a part of it.

Posted November 09, 2007
not a good school to send your child to. the principal that is in charge is completely biased and takes out personal vendettas towards students if their parents dont completlet comply with what she wants. great school if you agree with her every word.

Posted September 19, 2007
I moved my child to a private school because I wanted a better quality of education that a public school did not have time to give to him or could not give because they were too busy with the taks testing. St Leo's is the the best school I've come to know. The staff and parents all come together for two goals and that's giving your child a high quality education and solid foundation with God. They are one big family there and I would not have it any other way. I recommend St Leo's to anyone that is looking for those qualities in a school.

St. Leo the Great Catholic School
119 Octavia Place, San Antonio, TX  78214
Last modified St. Leo the Great Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Leo the Great Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top