Posted June 14, 2014
Thank you to Mrs. Hermes for the incredible accomplishments she has made in 2 short years. Enrollment is up, teachers are integrating technology and my kids love her. You can tell she loves the kids and it makes a big difference.

Posted August 25, 2013
I love this school and so do my children. Everything has changed for the better at St. Paul's! Teachers and kids are excited! We have a wonderful principal Ms. Hermes and wonderful dedicated teachers.

Posted May 19, 2013
I drive all the way from helotes to drop off my son! I'm an educator at a public school and I can totally see the difference in education and values the kids are have here . When your child wants to be at school and looks forward to class! That speaks for it self .I hear they are having such high enrollment . New students might be put on waiting list. But if you are totally worth the wait.

Posted March 18, 2013
St. Paul's Catholic School has a wonderful, friendly, highly educated experienced new principal Ms. Hermes. My children have really enjoyed all the new learning techniques and extra school activities. I'm not one to post updates but thought this school has been so wonderful, safe, and my children are learning so much I'd thought I would share. After all I do research reviews and appreciate parents taking the time to write them. If your looking for a spiritual, motivational, safe, with teachers who take that extra time to teach new methods of learning to your children this is the school.

Posted November 02, 2011
It amazes me to read some of these critical, maligning and unfounded comments regarding St. Paul Catholic School. People are entitled to their opinions but much of the posted comments, based on our experience, is unfounded. The Principal has ALWAYS made herself available for discussions. Five of the teachers have been there over 10 years. The curriculum is not lagging and projects are challenging. An overwhelming effort is being placed in Technology advancement purchases and fundraising. There is declining enrollment nationwide but yes, the school can do more to draw students. Overall, a charming institution!

Posted March 24, 2011
Congratulations to Sarah Torres in 8th grade! She earned a $300 scholarship toward her education at Antonian College Preparatory High School. Congratulations to Fernando Ruiz, IV in 8th grade! He earned a $3,000 scholarship toward his education at Central Catholic High School. These students had high scores on their High School Placement Test and were recognized for their outstanding achievement. Congratulations to our A Boys Royals Basketball team for winning the AIAL Championship on Friday, Feb. 11th at Antonian College Preparatory High School. The Royals were victorious over the Cardinals of St. Matthew Catholic School. Great efforts and dedication by this fearless team and their coach! The team consists: Andrew Bosquez, Jax Chavez, Christoper De La Rosa, Charlie Lopez, Jaime Nava, Dylan Rodriguez, Joshua Salinas, Coach Roger O. Gonzalez Congratulations to our Speech and Debate winners! The following students placed in the academic contest held at IWHS on Saturday, March 5th. Elexis Narvaiz- placed 3rd in poetry; Cynthia Tomaselli- placed 2nd in poetry & 8th in prose; Ariel Trevino- placed 4th in monologue. Awesome Job!

Posted February 11, 2011
Our experience at St. Paul has been wonderful. Our child is happy and loves the different project and programs the teachers go out of their way to offer. Many of the teachers in middle school put in extra hours for tutoring, sponsoring clubs and are available for students anytime.St. Paul is more than the usual school it's loving and caring and has high expectations for their students. We are there to stay and support the school as they have our family in the class and in the church. Come on over and meet our great kids and their awesome tyeachers. No judging hear just a genuine love for educating your child in the class and long after.

Posted October 12, 2010
I attended St Paul back in the day when the teachers were nuns and the education was excellent. I made the decision not to send my own children to St Paul because of what I hear parents of St Paul students say about the school. Such complaints are:Teachers don't show up, the kids aren't learning, parents transfer their kids to public school to find their child is behind in academics, and the Principal is horrible. No wonder the school is in active decline. Low enrollment proves this. This school needs to clean house starting with the principal! And yes, I do know her and have seen her in action. I just feel badly for the parents that are paying tuition for a good education that their child will not receive at St Paul.

Posted September 22, 2010
The facts are that some teachers that teach at St Paul School also have moved their children out of St Paul. St Paul School while we were there had 400 students, currently 180 students attend St Paul School. Times are tough but other private schools do not have such a decline in enrollment. The Principals leadership is what makes the school or breaks it ultimately.

Posted September 13, 2010
I agree with comments about the school being in decline. Most prominently, the middle school is of very poor quality. Teacher turn over is very high and the teacher's they do get are usually recent graduates looking for experience. There is nothing new in the middle school--same old boring projects year after year. Compliants fall on deaf ears, teachers are not technology savvy (and they admit it!). Texxt books are soo old. Middle school is not successful. Many students need tutoring from outside resources to catch up to their peers. Very poor in math and English. Defintely not challenging. You definitly do not get your money's worth at St. Paul, but where else are you going to go in that district? Also, no consistency with discipline issues. Handbook very clearly states consequences, but they are rarely enforced.

St Paul Catholic School
307 John Adams Drive, San Antonio, TX  78228
Last modified St Paul Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Paul Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top