St. Paul Catholic School

Private | K-8

Living in San Antonio

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $85,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Sweep tile

Posted August 25, 2013

I love this school and so do my children. Everything has changed for the better at St. Paul's! Teachers and kids are excited! We have a wonderful principal Ms. Hermes and wonderful dedicated teachers.

Posted May 19, 2013

I drive all the way from helotes to drop off my son! I'm an educator at a public school and I can totally see the difference in education and values the kids are have here . When your child wants to be at school and looks forward to class! That speaks for it self .I hear they are having such high enrollment . New students might be put on waiting list. But if you are totally worth the wait.

Posted March 18, 2013

St. Paul's Catholic School has a wonderful, friendly, highly educated experienced new principal Ms. Hermes. My children have really enjoyed all the new learning techniques and extra school activities. I'm not one to post updates but thought this school has been so wonderful, safe, and my children are learning so much I'd thought I would share. After all I do research reviews and appreciate parents taking the time to write them. If your looking for a spiritual, motivational, safe, with teachers who take that extra time to teach new methods of learning to your children this is the school.

Posted November 2, 2011

It amazes me to read some of these critical, maligning and unfounded comments regarding St. Paul Catholic School. People are entitled to their opinions but much of the posted comments, based on our experience, is unfounded. The Principal has ALWAYS made herself available for discussions. Five of the teachers have been there over 10 years. The curriculum is not lagging and projects are challenging. An overwhelming effort is being placed in Technology advancement purchases and fundraising. There is declining enrollment nationwide but yes, the school can do more to draw students. Overall, a charming institution!

Posted March 24, 2011

Congratulations to Sarah Torres in 8th grade! She earned a $300 scholarship toward her education at Antonian College Preparatory High School. Congratulations to Fernando Ruiz, IV in 8th grade! He earned a $3,000 scholarship toward his education at Central Catholic High School. These students had high scores on their High School Placement Test and were recognized for their outstanding achievement. Congratulations to our A Boys Royals Basketball team for winning the AIAL Championship on Friday, Feb. 11th at Antonian College Preparatory High School. The Royals were victorious over the Cardinals of St. Matthew Catholic School. Great efforts and dedication by this fearless team and their coach! The team consists: Andrew Bosquez, Jax Chavez, Christoper De La Rosa, Charlie Lopez, Jaime Nava, Dylan Rodriguez, Joshua Salinas, Coach Roger O. Gonzalez Congratulations to our Speech and Debate winners! The following students placed in the academic contest held at IWHS on Saturday, March 5th. Elexis Narvaiz- placed 3rd in poetry; Cynthia Tomaselli- placed 2nd in poetry & 8th in prose; Ariel Trevino- placed 4th in monologue. Awesome Job!

Posted February 11, 2011

Our experience at St. Paul has been wonderful. Our child is happy and loves the different project and programs the teachers go out of their way to offer. Many of the teachers in middle school put in extra hours for tutoring, sponsoring clubs and are available for students anytime.St. Paul is more than the usual school it's loving and caring and has high expectations for their students. We are there to stay and support the school as they have our family in the class and in the church. Come on over and meet our great kids and their awesome tyeachers. No judging hear just a genuine love for educating your child in the class and long after.

Posted October 12, 2010

I attended St Paul back in the day when the teachers were nuns and the education was excellent. I made the decision not to send my own children to St Paul because of what I hear parents of St Paul students say about the school. Such complaints are:Teachers don't show up, the kids aren't learning, parents transfer their kids to public school to find their child is behind in academics, and the Principal is horrible. No wonder the school is in active decline. Low enrollment proves this. This school needs to clean house starting with the principal! And yes, I do know her and have seen her in action. I just feel badly for the parents that are paying tuition for a good education that their child will not receive at St Paul.

Posted September 22, 2010

The facts are that some teachers that teach at St Paul School also have moved their children out of St Paul. St Paul School while we were there had 400 students, currently 180 students attend St Paul School. Times are tough but other private schools do not have such a decline in enrollment. The Principals leadership is what makes the school or breaks it ultimately.

Posted September 13, 2010

I agree with comments about the school being in decline. Most prominently, the middle school is of very poor quality. Teacher turn over is very high and the teacher's they do get are usually recent graduates looking for experience. There is nothing new in the middle school--same old boring projects year after year. Compliants fall on deaf ears, teachers are not technology savvy (and they admit it!). Texxt books are soo old. Middle school is not successful. Many students need tutoring from outside resources to catch up to their peers. Very poor in math and English. Defintely not challenging. You definitly do not get your money's worth at St. Paul, but where else are you going to go in that district? Also, no consistency with discipline issues. Handbook very clearly states consequences, but they are rarely enforced.

Posted August 16, 2010

St. Paul School....where should I begin! Back to School Night was a huge success!!! The halls were spilling over with wonderful and inviting decorations!! The Principal welcomed everyone so warmly and I am so happy that my family is a part of such a loving and faith filled school!! Kudos to St. Paul Catholic School!!!

Posted August 11, 2010

I highly enjoyed my time at St. Paul's. I attended all 8 years and felt that I received a stellar education. While St. Paul's did not have their accreditation, that is no longer true. The staff and faculty worked hard to receive it and have always put their students first. Most parents believe that their children's teachers are to blame when their children do not pass a class or fail a test. Parents have to realize that education do not stop at school, it has to be enforced at home, as well. Tell your kids to put down the remote/video controller and read a book!

Posted August 11, 2010

Wow, what a rainbow of perceptions! My name is Mrs. Carla Berryman and I teach 4th grade at St. Paul Catholic School. I have been at St. Paul for nine years; it has been a wonderful experience. It's to no surprise when I bump into parents of prior students; I am told that St. Paul Catholic School did a wonderful job preparing their child for High School. I would just hope that anyone reading all of these perceptions would take the time to come and visit this wonderful, fully accredited Catholic School! This year we will be opening an elementary science lab for our younger students to discover and explore the scientific process! We will also be using a brand-new math program that integrates technology!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 11, 2010

My children have attended school at St. Paul for 5 years and they have absolutely loved every teacher they have had. That says a lot about the quality and character of our teachers. Both my children have excelled at St. Paul both in the classroom and in standardized testing. I am confident that their time at St. Paul is preparing them both academically and spiritually for whatever their future may hold. . I love having my children at St. Paul Catholic School and invite other parents to come take a look at what our school has to offer your child.

Posted August 11, 2010

This is the beginning of a great school year and as one of the middle school teachers, I know a great school is not just the decorated classrooms. A great school is one that has dedicated, fantastic and flexible faculty and staff members. Our school offers students the opportunity to learn in an environment that is both challenging and engaging. I'm excited to begin this school year and I invite you to come check out all we have to offer -- most especially a warm welcome to all.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 2, 2010

The school's claim to accreditation is no longer valid. Teachers/staff worked very hard to pass the accreditation standards a couple of years ago and I imagine they will work just as hard in another 7-8 years if the school is still open, but the standards are not maintained or encouraged by the administration for the years in between. I have been both a parent of students to the school and a staff member during the accreditation process.

Posted April 24, 2010

This school has been in decline since the arise of the new century. Many teachers and administration are lacking. To be quite honest I question the higher education of these people. As we all know, the lack of care is most prominent in the middle school. Many teachers lack the passion and zest needed to teach. Many seem bored and cease to enliven the classroom. Attention is way too focused on athletics. I find many of the school's fundraisers go towards the boosters. I hate to be crass but it must be said: None of those atheletes have a future in the major leagues! this is ridiculous! Should education be pushed aside for mindless recreational activities? No! St. Paul's seriously needs to get their act together. And another thing, their administration needs to rebuild the structure, organizaton, and adequate communication needed for a successful school.

Posted April 12, 2010

The Principal of this school has the best public relation compared to other Catholic schools in San Antonio. I recently relocated from out of state and I had searched for schools here for my daughter. I had lots of experience trying to find a catholic school.I recommend this Principal to other Catholic schools as representing a good image of God first in our lives.Her communication skill is excellent.

Posted November 9, 2009

My kids have been attending since kinder and my wife and I are very pleased with our experience. The teachers are great, highly educated and properly certified. I question the motives of 'the' unhappy parent and their remarks. That their children attended St. Paul for several years suggest something else.

Posted June 21, 2009

My children have attended for several years. Recent decline, especially this year, I am withdrawing my children. Administration is not keeping the best interest of the students. Middle school curriculum is poor, students are not well prepared for continuing in a catholic high school. Many of the students who went on to catholic high school are required to take summer school as a condition of admittance. No one is listening at how rapidly this school is declining. Save your money, you get the same education and declipline at a public school for free.

Posted June 17, 2009

This was my daughters first year at this school we will not be returning . Administration is poor, they lack communication and are very disorganized and not very truthful people. I am saddened because my daughter and I have met some good friends that will be missed.

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (210) 732-7702

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of San Antonio

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

307 John Adams Dr