PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted October 20, 2015
This is the first school that I do not feel I have to supplement my children's education.The curriculum is very competitive. My children seem to be very engaged in their school work. Every morning my children are excited to go to school. The choir is great. The after school activities are great. The lunches are covered in tuition. This school provides after school "office hours" which provide any child extra assistance for classwork. This is at no extra charge.What I have noticed that true sets this school apart from others is that while every school talks of teaching autonomy, this school actually does. If you are looking to enhance leadership qualities in your child, this school will be a real nice fit for you.

Posted January 11, 2015
Excellent school. We have had an incredible experience in PreK3. Our son loves it and is learning so much. Our parent teacher conference was the most thoughtful experience we have had of this kind. The teacher was very prepared and offered very insightful observations about our son. Five stars!

Posted October 18, 2013
St. Luke's Episcopal school is a wonderful place. They teach kids from a young age to love Jesus, education, and community. They teach children to respect themselves and other people and their children have impeccable manners. The previous post about the headmaster couldn't be further from the truth. I am not sure how someone could have a negative opinion of the brand new headmaster just weeks after he aquired his new role. Especially when the review was dated before the school year started. Thomas Mcgloughlin is of high moral standards, ethical, and he cares the world of the children he oversees.

St Luke's Episcopal School 1

Posted August 01, 2013
Unethical, immoral and greedy. Steer clear of this institution. They put money before children. The new headmaster, Thomas McLaughlin is of atrocious character.

Posted July 11, 2012
I have two young children at St. Luke's and couldn't be happier with the excellent balance of rigorous academics, character development and leadership. The school is preparing students not only to successfully compete in the 21st century but to thrive thru community engagement, a tolerant faith and a lifelong love of learning. The school is implementing a 1:1 laptop program this year for grades 5-8 that will be the first of its kind in the city. There are other good private school options in San Antonio but if character, kindness and tolerance for others are as important to you as academics, then St. Luke's is far and away the best choice.

St Luke's Episcopal School 1

Posted April 06, 2010
As a former student, I can attest to the blunt fact that St. Luke's is a school that is quite frankly under-par. The education is just bordering on satisfactory and many of the teachers truly do not care about the students, rather, they just want to get paid. I was not a student who was severly excluded from cliques but I saw it happen all around me. If you are not wealthy your child will be excluded. I then left that group of friends to make others outside of school. When I was first enrolled at St. Luke's, the enrollment was quite high. The amount of students began to decrease as the quality decreased however and if my sources are correct this year's graduating class is of about 30! The tuition is much to high for what they have to offer and I strongly discourage you from applying to St. Luke's.

Posted November 24, 2009
We recently moved to San Antonio and looked at a number of schools for our boys (pre-K and 1st grade). St. Luke s has far exceeded our expectations and we are thrilled with the experience our boys are having! The teachers are fantastic and do a wonderful job of blending moral and values based education with challenging and exciting academic work that is engaging without being stressful. Small class sizes allow the teachers to really get to know the children and have an in-depth knowledge of how the boys are doing. Dr. Reford, the new headmaster, is implementing an exciting new vision for St. Luke's that has us very excited about the next 8 years for our boys. This is a great community to be a part of and we are extremely satisfied with the strong academic preparation our boys are receiving. We cannot speak highly enough about St. Luke s!

Posted November 04, 2009
St. Luke's is a woonderful school. Very family oriented. It seems like everyone knows each other, the teachers are very well trained and enthusiastic and treat the children with respect. The curriculum is excellent and they have very high moral expectations for the children...the 'St. Luke's Way'. If you want your child to be in a challenging environment, with excellent teachers and small teachers to student ratio...this is the school for you. Your child will be academically prepared for anything, with a strong moral background.

Posted October 27, 2009
We just moved to San Antonio last year and our 2 girls, in K and 1st grade, love the school so much. Everyone, from the teachers, administrators, parents and of course, the kids, are friendly and very warm. As a newcomer, we never felt excluded. The school has a new headmaster, Dr Reford and he is very forward looking and has great vision for the school. I am very pleased that we chose this school vs the others. We compared this with 3 other top private schools in SA and this is the one that has a balance of academic achievement, Christ-focused and yet fun. My kids transited easily in St Luke and have been making lots of new friends. The teachers were dedicated and well-qualified. This school is conveniently located and in a very nice neighborhood. My girls look forward to school everyday ! They make learning really fun !

Posted October 10, 2008
I'm a graduate of Saint Luke's. I had been attending Saint Luke's since I was in diapers. It took me going to high school to realize how superb Saint Luke's really is. Everyone knows everyone; it truly is like one big family. Even in middle school, there aren't cliques. Every student is always included, and no one ever feels left out. That is very rare in schools these days! The teachers get to know the students extremely well. Every teacher knows the strengths and weaknesses of each student. Daily chapel sets a tone for the rest of the day. Morality is held high, and 'The Saint Luke's Way' is a way of life for every student. I am very sad to not be attending Saint Luke's anymore. However, I have a strong foundation on which to build, and I have Saint Luke's Episcopal School to thank for that. -Elise Anderson ('08)

15 Saint Lukes Lane, San Antonio, TX  78209
Last modified St Luke's Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8