PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Honestly this school is great for younger children, no question in safety. However, both my husband and I strongly support education and this school lacks it. Most/All teachers that teach are family/friend related and could careless about proper education. Very few have a formal education, and education is not a priority...The high school is all grades combined taught by a... GYM teacher, that's right a GYM TEACHER (isn't exactly the sharpest tool). I left on good terms, do not wish ill of them HOWEVER DO NOT PAY $300+ a month for a school that does not teach or the bare minimum. Also, we went to the principle with our concerns early on and he just denied it and made us feel like we were in the wrong!!!! Again, if you want your child to be homemaker for the rest of their life by all means go ahead.

+ Small school allows all students to participate in various sports & competitions, gaining valuable experience they likely would not receive at a 5A school. - Majority of teachers lack college degrees. Most are sincerely good people, but their credibility as educators is questionable. - Gateway does not value / teach classic literature, philosophy, or modern science. - Gateway offers virtually zero college/career guidance for upperclassmen. - Gateway's curious choice of curriculum (A.C.E. / School of Tomorrow) "teaches" students WHAT to think, rather than HOW to think. It's dated, biased, and sometimes offensive (I was taught that AIDS is God's judgment on homosexuals). Furthermore, A.C.E. fails woefully at preparing students for college due to 1) it's radical structure & 2) it's bizarre points of emphasis. I know from personal experience that many students struggle mightily in college, and few excel academically. As a former student, I would never recommend this school. Perhaps it was once fine institution a decade or two in the past, but one can look no further than the dwindling school enrollment & church attendance to see that Gateway has little or no relevancy today.

i am glad to heir this because my two kids just fixing the start this coming August 2012 , what I read make me feel better.!!! Thanks

My daughter came to Gateway late in the school year, and she just fell in love with the students and Mr. Williams. They made her feel welcome and were always willing to help her. Gateway is a well kept secret with great teacher who really care about the students. Mr. Williams went out of his way to help my daughter and he does this with all his students. The parents are well informed and we know what are children are doing. Christian values are taught and enforced in all the children do. My daughter only wishes that she would have started at Gateway sooner!!

I am a graduate of Gateway. I attended the school since the fourth grade. My heart will always be with the school. The teachers here are absolutely amazing. If you want a teacher to care about and love your child then send them here. If you want your child to get mixed up in the public school system then send them elsewhere. Gateway has given me the foundation to exceed in my career and life. I have only a semester away from earning my bachelors and owe much of my success to the lessons and academics I learned at Gateway. Awesome school!

My daughter currently attends Gateway Christian School and we could not be happier. She has learned more in a year and a half then she did in the Public School system. The school allows students to be involved in many activities and gets children involved very early on in subjects that would not mornally be covered until later grades. The ability to be involved as a parent was very important to me and I have been able to do so and the school actually encourages parental participation. I suggest any parent looking to have their child attend a great Christian School look no further and make your choice Hateway Christian School in San Antonio.

Gateway is a great school that teaches wonderful values and skills for everyday life. As a former student and graduate of Gateway I am poud to say that I still spend many days at the school because it really has become my family. The teachers genuinely care about the education and success of each student and do everything in their power to make sure they succeed.

Gateway is an excellent christian school for all grade levels. They start at 4 years old and the kids are already reading by the time they begin 1st grade. School has committed teachers in all levels and great benefits and activities for the students. Can't say enough about the core values that are taught at an early age. Making the choice to pay for this education will be priceless for my sons future. so glad i made the choice and that God helped us throughout.

Last modified Gateway Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12