San Antonio, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted January 26, 2014
This school has been hands down the BEST experience we have ever had for our two daughters (3rd and Kinder) and son (Child Care Center). We have moved quite a bit and have much to compare. Concordia School and Concordia Child Care Center have both been a spiritual and academic blessing to our children. When your kids come home and quote scripture and generally shine Gods light, you know it's well worth sacrifice of putting them at Concordia. Everyone from the teachers, front office, and even the pastors of the Church are just such a pleasure and pour their lives into the school and children. The facilities are amazing and the support the school receives from the church is like nothing you'll see in most other Christian based private schools. We moved over the Christmas break to Austin and Concordia remains our fondest memory of our time in San Antonio. - The Applebaum Family

Posted October 10, 2013
Our daughter (8y/o, 3rd grade) came to Concordia this year after her other Lutheran school closed. She was very unhappy about the previous school closing. When she saw her new school, Concordia, and met the faculty, toured the grounds, etc. she was thrilled!! The campus and facilities there are absolutely beautiful and state of the art. Smart boards in the classrooms (don't feel bad, I didn't know what they were either - Google them) the rooms, hallways and bathrooms are spotless, acres of sports fields, etc. The classes are not for slackers. Our daughter has had homework from day one with no end in sight. It does challenge the students but she is rising to the challenge and doing very well. She is involved in sports and developing all kinds of new interests, academic and otherwise. We began attending church there last January as a family and couldn't be happier with the pastor and the services. It is an open, friendly community that fully supports the school and the church continues to grow. This has been and continues to be a great and valuable experience for the whole family. We love it here!!

Posted June 21, 2011
Concordia Lutheran School and Child Care Center have been such a blessing to my family. My husband and I are very pleased with the education our children have received here. It is amazing to me that many of the teachers at the child care center have been there for so many years that on several occasions, both of our children had the same teachers. The staff was loving, helpful, top notch, and wanted the best for the children. They helped me realize that play is an important part of learning at a young age and that social growth is very important at an early age as well. Add that to a learning curriculum, and my children have flourished as they continued into the school. At the school, we found the same type of atmosphere. The teachers are professional, driven, encouraging, helpful, and willing to go the extra mile for the sake of the children and their learning. I will be sad when our children leave Concordia and move into high school, but I know they will be well prepared for learning and for life as a Christian.

Posted June 17, 2011
We have two children in the Child Care Center at Concordia Lutheran. What an AMAZING blessing to know that while my husband and I are at work, our children are being nurtured by teachers who love them while also learning about God's love for them through a strong Christian curriculum. I highly recommend this Child Care Center and I plan on sending my children to the school as well.

Concordia Lutheran School 2

Posted May 18, 2011
My child no longer attends Concordia, but for two years he suffered brutal verbal harassment from other students. One particular child constantly called my son a toothpick, then proceeded to break a toothpick in half, throw it in the garbage and spit on it. Hateful, is the only thing that comes to mind with this type of action. On many occasions he was called mental, stupid, and retarded. This affected his personality. His eating habits changed to where he ate as much meat as humanly possible in an attempt to put on weight. Administration lacks the ability or the skill to address these and other issues. I find the atmosphere at Concordia to be clickish and hateful, and while there are a few good teachers, the children are spoiled and rotten to the bones.

Concordia Lutheran School 1

Posted May 13, 2011
Concordia's Child Care Center is lacking in qualified staff and leadership. Not all of the child care staff is bad. My child was in one of the pre-k rooms and it was a completely chaotic, negative and dysfunctional environment. I went to the director and the directors supervisor and was basically shunned because of it. When putting your child in the hands of someone else you should be able to trust that they are not only cared for and loved but treated with respect. That is not the case for one teacher imparticular at the child care center and certainly not from the director. It is a lazy environment and I got to see that first hand each day when I dropped my child off and picked my child up. Prior to being in the classroom my child had a wonderful experience but I could no longer stand by and watch my child's spirit be broken by this horrible environment. My child is now in an amazing school with a positive, educational, loving environment. The teachers at this school actually take pride in their work and enjoy watching children learn and grow. I cannot say the same for the pre-k rooms in the child care center at Concordia.

Posted March 15, 2011
We are so pleased with this school. Our daughter just transferred mid-year (6th grade) from Montessori School of San Antonio to Concordia. We believed her academics were severely suffering at the Montessori school. We were correct. I feel that we academically "rescued" our daughter. I am so thankful for Concordia's structure and their dedication to high-level academic knowledge. The teachers are focused and dedicated. My daughter is now immersed in learning and inspired to gain knowledge. We are extremely impressed and only wish we had moved her over in 4th grade! This is an excellent school!

Concordia Lutheran School 4

Posted June 16, 2010
My son started preschool this year and absolutely loved it. He always looked forward to going to school and would come home saying he missed his teachers. He really grew in maturity and in getting along with others. Both the preschool class and the learning center were huge blessings to him and our family.

Concordia Lutheran School 0

Posted May 10, 2010
Excellent school. My son attended a public NEISD elementary school and received an excellent education. It was our plan all along to switch him to private-Concordia has been excellent. Strong foundation for our youth. My 6th grader LOVES attending school, playing sports and his favorite class is religion. Can't beat it!!!

Posted March 25, 2010
What a school! This is my child's 7th year at Concordia and we have been very pleased with the wonderful teachers and the school atmosphere. God willing,she will be at CLS until she graduates from 8th grade.

Concordia Lutheran School
16801 Huebner Rd, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Concordia Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Concordia Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top