Posted June 27, 2014
The School Director, Dr. Debra Root is just fantastic! Not only is she an excellent teacher-educator, but a wonderful communicator and manager of her staff. We are very fortunate to have her at St. Thomas.

Posted July 12, 2013
St. Thomas Episcopal School offers a supportive, caring environment in which children can learn about how to develop their gifts and talents while learning in classrooms with small student/teacher ratios. The school offers special classes in art, music, Spanish, computers, physical education, and Bible education. As the new principal of the school, I have been welcomed by the students, parents, school staff, and church staff. Exciting things are planned for St. Thomas including a robotics club for upper school, inquiry-based science and science note-booking, incorporation of curriculum for gifted education, and a multifaceted language arts program. We offer summer camps and after school enrichment that is open to the public. Children have opportunities to visit our library for pleasure reading and research. Parents are an important part of the school and have an active Parent-Teacher Fellowship. The church considers the school a very important ministry at St. Thomas.

Posted June 19, 2013
Excellant teachers and cirriculem with advanced training and strong Christian values. Facilities and parent involvment are priorities and improving.

Posted June 19, 2013
Our child has completed the Gift of Time program. We are amazed how he has grown academically, socially, and spiritually. This school is setting a solid foundation for our son's academic years. We are indebted to the wonderful teachers and staff who give of themselves, in order, for their students to succeed. This is all coming from an 18 yr. public school veteran. We have decided as a family the finacial commitment to have our son attend St. Thomas Episcopal School is worth the investment.

St Thomas Episcopal School 3

Posted May 30, 2013
This school was a bit of a disappointment for me. My daughter came from an excellent public school in another city and I sent her to private school in the hopes of keeping her challenged. In some aspects she was challenged, but in others she totally wasn't. She had some difficulties with other children several times and I had some difficulties with parents several times. I also had some issues with certain things I felt should be policy but weren't. I also feel that when there were awards given, or other things that recognized students, they pretty much always went to either a teacher's (or school employee's) child or an active volunteer's child. Anyway, I rated this school a 3 because I felt it was average. I don't feel that it was any better than a public school would have been. The playground is awesome (as long as the teacher actually gives them enough time to play on it) but because of some decisions the school has made, which I feel were errors on their part, my child will not return next year.

Posted May 15, 2013
We have had our children here for three years. We absolutely love this school. The teachers and staff are wonderful! They have so much to offer for a smaller private school. There is a great sense of community at this school. My youngest has attended since she was 2 and my oldest started in Pre-K. My youngest is now in Pre-K and is more than ready for Kinder next year. My oldest is in 1st grade and I am amazed daily by her reading, writing and math skills. The classes are small and there is a lot of individual interaction between teacher and student. I really can't say enough about this school. It is a sacrifice every month to keep our children in private school. But when I think about how important the elementary ages are it is well worth the sacrifice.

Posted March 07, 2013
We absolutely positively LOVE this school, and are sad to be leaving it. Our children started out in the lower school as 4 year olds and continued on to upper school there. The Christian environment teaches them how to love one another and be responsible for their own actions where the quality of the education they have recieved is phenomenal. I cannot sing enough praises about St. Thomas! Every parent is highly envolved with their child(ren)'s education which truly makes a difference as well as the low student:teach ratio that allows for such a great learning environment! We are very sad to be leaving!

Posted February 23, 2013
My daughter started here in 2nd grade. She is in 4th grade now. She has really flourished here. There are so many enrichment and service opportunities. She is getting so much more than a public school and she loves the small classes.

Posted June 27, 2009
We live in one of the more poular school districts in San Antonio - Stone Oak, and all the parents rave about their expiriences but we still keep our daughter in St. Thomas because the level of care that each person who works there has for their job and for the students is invaluable. My daughter loves it, they have a wonderful curriculum filled with music, science, and art which public schools don't as well as a gorgeus acre of wooded playground that every grade gets to play on for an hour or more every day. Because of the small class size I fell as though my daughter gets special attention and the parents are all very supportive and involved. I highly recommend this school.

Posted June 02, 2007
We had a daughter in preschool here and pulled her out the next year to go to public school because of budget concerns while saving for a new house. She was soooo bored, unchallenged, and ahead of the class with public school we had to make some sacrifices and put her back in St. Thomas. It was the best decision we have ever made

St Thomas Episcopal School
1416 North Loop 1604 East, San Antonio, TX  78232
Last modified St Thomas Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
St Thomas Episcopal School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top