No rating

New Life Christian Academy

Private | PK-12

Living in San Antonio

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $78,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Posted May 7, 2014

My daughter attended NLCA for PreK4. What I liked about the school was my little one was responsible for turning in their own homework, which she had nearly every day for at least 30 minutes. Their challenging curriculum adequately challenged my student with learning cursive and beginning reading. All the students, including the older ones up to grade 12 were very respectful and displayed the kind of class you just don't see in public schools. My SIL graduated from this school and when I went to her graduation we witnessed the camraderie between teachers and students. The teachers really seemed to care about each student and were fully aware of each one's plans after graduation.What I didn't like about the school was the lack of communication. I never knew about upcoming events or I would hear about it last minute or there would be some sort of mixup on dates or times. I believe overall though, the school was good for my daughter. After we moved her to a public school for her Kinder year due to loss of income, she was pretty far ahead of her peers and was invited to apply for the GT program. She got an amazing foundation at NLCA and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Posted April 22, 2014

To the "parent" with so much negativity, just a couple of things. The copastor has a doctorates which qualifies her to be a superintendent. Most superintendents have law degrees not educational. Secondly your spelling and grammar is exactly why my child will be attending this school. The school is privately funded I dont know if you comprehend what that means, but you invest in YOUR child. No school is perfect but I appreciate the stand that they have taken to educate our children in a Christian environment. The public school system here in San Antonio is one of the worst in the US. Im the product of.public school and these kids are learning more things than I know now and I am grown. So its always easy to be bold negative and anonymous right? Check your facts before you come on here talking out of.your feelings.

Posted July 16, 2013

This is a terrible school...The tuition is extremely high and the return on investment does not compare. The teachers aren't qualified in the areas they are teaching. The school operates under a cloud of secrecy, they want input from parents in the form of monetary giving .When parents attempt to add or suggest ways to improve the suggestion are ignore ..The school superintendent is not credential, she is the co-pastor of the church, no formal training on the roles and responsibilities of being a superintendent. The superintendent doesn t work a normal performing the task of superintendent. Because of a lack of teachings students are learning primarily from computer generated lessons with no instructional inputs from the teacher.

Posted July 12, 2012

New Life Academy is a great school! My child has attended this school for over 4 years now, and loves it. The staff is very supportive, and understanding of my military schedule. They have really worked with me this year. I have been deployed and they really stepped in to help my family adjust. I am a single parent and the FREE tutoring they provided was a God-send for me. I highly recommend this school for any parent who really wants to raise a Christian child in these troubled times.

Posted February 8, 2012

Instead of making the negative comments about public schools and what you think they don t provide, how about having the common decency to consider the administrators and teachers in the congregation and more importantly the children that don t attend the academy. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12. This is why children leave and don t come back .and the children who go to the school call you all hypocrites Let s talk honesty .last year graduating class had members grades change to ensure they would graduate ..

Posted June 30, 2011

Now i'm continuing the school, academics are not up to scale they do not have fine arts, which colleges are looking for when they. Ohh and on the teachers, some of them hit your when try to get their anger out and i really don't think that the superintendent and chancellor know what's really going on in that school. Currently this school had about 5 highschool teachers how get fustrated because they are low on staff, I personally would not send my child to this school, and would not recommend this school to any parent.

Posted August 3, 2009

My child attended this school and I learned a little about how the school functions 'behind scenes.' I do not recommend this school. It is a lot of pushed paperwork with very little teaching! It is not hands on nor are Christian principles even presented. Their is very little communication and more attention toward neatness and cleanliness than education!

Posted June 19, 2007

I go to this school and I very much dissagree with the parent that is trying to say that it is not that good. I am not downing her opinion but there are two sides to every story and I would like to give mine. This school may have high prices but if you want your kids to have a quality education and a relationship with Jesus Christ then send them here to learn how to. We're not perfect, and if your looking for the perfect school then your child will be deprived of knowledge for the rest of their life. I attend New Life Christian Academy and of course there are things I would like to change but thats how every school will be. There is no such thing as a perfect school. But there is such a thing as a school striving towards excellence, and thats New Life Christian

Posted May 18, 2007

My daughter attended this school for pre-k3 and I have to admit, she did learn alot but the downfall to that is, she is still a toddler and NCLA does not allow the children time to be children. My daughter stated many times that they never go outside to play all they do is learn all day. Children need time to be children. Another thing I don't like is that, you can't come and check on your children during the day because the school is a closed campus. I would like to stop in and check on my child very once in a while. One more thing, the school fees along with tuition can get very pricing. Finally, I don't feel a connection with the teachers or the staff when I pick her up or drop her off, is it because I am not a member of their church?

Posted April 16, 2007

My daughter attends NLCA, it's a great school. However you are required to pay for everything tuition, lunch, afterschool care, textbooks, and uniforms. I don't agree with all the fees required. Again as I stated before this is school has a wonderful curriculum and my child looks it. But why do I have to pay a fortunate for my child to receive a good education?

Posted March 23, 2006

It's an upcoming school, with more parents needing to get more involved and promoting ideas,suggestions and improvements for the school. Overall,staff is great, school is diversified and teaching of spirituality a plus esp. in todays world, my children love this school! -Parent -A Parent

Posted December 15, 2005

Wonderful place for a child to get an education and develop lifelong friendships.

Posted September 22, 2005

I am a student who used to go to new life christian academy and this school is one of the best schools I have ever gone to. This school is awsome! Olivia silva class of '07

Posted September 14, 2005

This school uses the Abeka curriculum, which is an advanced-progressive academic program. The staff is exceptional, nurturing and proactive. The school offers limited music and sports programs; however, it does address the needs of the complete individual, mind, body, soul and spirit. Parent involvement is welcomed and encouraged. The school supports and encourages community outreach and good citizenship of their students.

Posted April 20, 2005

I believe that NLCA has a great program. Children from the ages of two and up can attend. The teachers for the Pre-K and Kinder classes are well trained in the teaching field and your children will gain a lot from attending.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 7, 2005

This school is full accredited. It has great over qualified teacher who bring the curriculum to a new level. Plus all the teacher care and are willing to help us with our school work and our personal lives they are always there for us.

Posted March 17, 2005

New life is a christian base school withclasses from pk-3 to 12grade. They have frienldy staff of teachers. Convient for resides of lackland base.They very resaonable tuition fees than dont inculde meals. Have a high gradtuiton number.

Asian or Pacific Islander 0% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ICAA
Fax number
  • (210) 679-6080

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6622 U.S. 90