Posted November 10, 2014
My two son's were attending this school, I had one in the Learning Center/Before and After School Care. I always had issues with the teachers misplacing my little's ones things. They never could tell my mom, were his clothes were or his jacket was. At one point, when my mom was picking them up, my little one was wet, didn't have his shoes on and when my mom was trying to see why he was crying, the teacher was just looking down at him while to busy messaging on her phone/didn't even bother to help. Another problem I had, my older son was taking a nap and I guess he decided to take his shoes off, some students decided to get his shoes and throw them up in the ceiling next to the A/c, where were the teachers at when that happen. the last draw was when the Director called wanting to schedule a meeting to discuss the problems when I told her that I was not able to take time off at the moment because I'm about to give birth to our 3rd child in about a week or 2. She made it seem like I didn't care to take care of the issue she told me I do not have any right to complain to the staff.

Posted July 03, 2014
The Best Vice-Principle any school could have is now gone! The school's Spirit has died. Ms. Geraldine was a woman full of joy. She always had something positive to say! I searched around the area for another Day Care but couldn't find a better one. I will give the Pastor a couple of months, then make a decision. I did recommend the school in the past... Now is just my only resource. A very disappointed parent.

Posted May 01, 2014
My sons are finishing their first year at crossroads and we are looking forward to many more. My 4yo is in pre k4 and has a wonderful teacher and is writing/reading beautifully. I am very grateful for their academic director that has taken the challenge of caring and educating my 3yo who has autism. The school goes above and beyond to accommodate his needs. We are very fortunate to have found this school.

Posted March 27, 2014
This school is horrible, I do not know how they continue to be in business! The administrative side of things is by far unprofessional and unorganized! My child attended and will never again go back! The financial dept continuously messed up my child's account information and instead of admitting their wrongs( which I believe all Christians should be able to admit their faults) they continuously said I was just being explained information differently! Which was very untrue!! The staff act is if they are terrified of the Pastors Wife and she is beyond rude!! Every time I had requested to speak with her personally I was told she's too busy and I should just write a email which takes weeks to get a response! In their rules and guidelines they put a new policy stating that if you make complaints about services, that is grounds for dismissal from their school, which I think is insane, how can a parent get their point across or heard without having to worry if their child will be dismissed from the program! Overall I would not recommend this school to Anybody!!

Posted February 17, 2014
Suggestion.......continue to read the comments. Some of these comments include other daycares. My grandchildren attend Crossroads, and we are very, very pleased. As a stay at home grandmother, I pick up the kids at different times. I have seen many activities going on.......reading stories, singing, indoor and outdoor play, crafts, etc.....we are very pleased. The four year old is doing beautifully......reading......cannot begin to describe the feeling of blessings in the daycare. My measure of expectations of a daycare....are they doing what I would be doing at home. My answer is yes. The boys KNOW letters, sounds, sit for a story, sit at a desk, listen quietly......what you do at home transfers to the class. If three of the six have no prior study at home, it will take teachers twice as long to have these kids learn. But I guarantee , one they learn, watch out......compare them to public school....you will be pleasantly surprised...and you will not want to leave..

Posted January 31, 2014
I have had the worst experience here and so did my child. Their system is soo unorganized, it's disgusting. The church is just interested in pocketing some big bucks. They mix kids from 2-10 yrs up in the mornings which is a big NO NO. The front door is open to anyone and everyone. No i.d's are checked when picking up students. You MUST raise $200 2x a year selling candies/cookies if not you'll have to pay out of pocket but yet the learning center cant provide Nap mats or cups for the kids. They have people who are unexperienced, and yell at the kids. I would most definitely not recommend this school to anyone. They should honestly be shut down.

Crossroads Christian Academy 4

Posted January 08, 2014
I was hesitant with some of the negative reviews, but the administration has changed since. Mrs. Geraldine is amazing and awesome. She is a sweet woman who cares for the children. The teachers are also great with the children. My child enjoys school and Is happy to go everyday.

Posted August 15, 2013
The education of this place leaves a lot to be questioned on how this business is run. I say business because it is not a Christian Academy, at least not on my book. There is no structure in the operation of this business which puts the care, learning and safety of your children at risk. Please continue looking. Paying a few extra bucks is well worth the peace of mind that your children are receiving a good education and are safe. Believe me when I say only a few extra bucks because there is not a huge difference between this place and better institutions- varies but what I have researched is about $30-40 difference. I'd pay that in a minute knowing my children are learning, safe and actually not just a number.

Posted February 21, 2013
First of all I just want to say I dont know how this school is with older childeren, ages 4 and up, my kids are 3 and 21 m. I will say that the daycare is extremly unorganized and unsafe. They only have one teacher watching all of the toddlers, and sometimes there are 18 toddlers in the room at one time. I wonder if there is even a ciriculum that the teachers follow because the teacher never gives us any work that my childeren do. I have gone there sometimes to pick up my kids in the middle of the day and just see the kids running around with the teachers doing nothing at all. Also the teachers look unmotivated and exhusted ALL THE TIME, even when I drop my kids off in the mourning. I know taking care on kids is a lot of work, but its your job to be loving and caring for the kids. They should not look like they do not want to be there. Last thing, being that I cant mention any names, the lady in the front desk is extremly RUDE and fustrating. I have heard many other parents complain about her and nothing seems to be getting done about her bad attitude.

Posted February 20, 2012
The teachers are awesome, the curriculum is awesome and theis is the best price you can find for private Christian education.

Crossroads Christian Academy
5834 Ray Ellison Blvd, San Antonio, TX  78242
Last modified Crossroads Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Crossroads Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top