Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Posted October 21, 2014
This school is AMAZING!! Seriously, I have high expectations and this school has exceeded them by a mile!! The teachers are unbelievably caring and organized and very well trained. My children come home every day telling me that they LOVE LOVE LOVE school and they even want to go in on the weekends! My son is in the primary program and I love the way he can help the smaller children in there and the teacher makes time for all of them individually and as a class. My daughter is in the elementary program and it blows my mind what she has learned in there. I am pretty sure I didn't learn a lot of what she is learning until I was in Middle School.

Posted October 21, 2014
I love this school for my children. The teachers are so caring and the other children are lovely. I find the tuition very reasonable at $5500. The academics program is outstanding and the way the teachers teach lifeskills is one of my favorite things about this school.

Posted June 01, 2012
The teachers are wonderful. My son was in the bilingual preschool room and we thought the teacher was very professional and caring. The classroom was rich with activities and I like how the children are able to choose the work as my son really likes math. He is leaving the school knowing multiplication and division at 6! The two primary teachers and elementary teacher are all fantastic! They truly care about the children and always keeps the child's best interest in mind when discussing your child's needs, shortcomings and strengths. I am very impressed with the teachers.

Posted May 02, 2012
This is my child's last year attending this school. It has been a very positive experience. This is the only school in town I found that is a real Montessori school. The teachers there have exceedingly great credentials and can teach. The teachers are caring, loving, and know how to teach using the montessori method. The primary and elementary teachers are exceptional in their knowledge of content as well as caring and understanding the needs of each individual child. We love it!

Posted January 24, 2012
This school provides a truly superior Montessori education, in my opinion the best available in San Antonio. Both of my sons went through the entire program, from age 2 through 5th grade. They graduated performing well beyond grade level, especially in reading, geography, and science. The teachers were always available for consultation, as was the principal by appointment. The classroom environment is friendly, non-competitive, and safe. Another commenter complained about her son being asked to leave due to three incidents of biting; whereas, to me, as a parent, this is a fully appropriate way to protect the children -- human bites present a significant risk of infection. Furthermore, the rules regarding biting are clearly stated in the policy manual provided to all parents at enrollment. The staff and administration of CHILD Montessori truly care about the development and well-being of all of the children.

Posted January 23, 2012
My child has gone to this school since she was 2 years old. She began reading at age 3. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The director is the one who founded the school and has always been supportive any time I have had a concern. I am extremely impressed with the school and its program. My child is now enrolled in the Duke University TIPS program. My child went there through the 5th grade and we loved it. I also like the school because children are allowed to be children. Children are accountable to their actions and those children who are disruptive and aggressive and hurt other children are dismissed. As a parent, I applaud a school to have such high standards as well as allowing my child to follow her interests and dreams.

Posted January 17, 2012
Last year we enrolled our 2 year old son. He was kicked out after 6 days. Their policy is 3 incidents and out. My son bit a first time, a second time they thought he was going to bite, a third time they said he tried. When I went to pick him up the teacher was waiting for me at the Curb and told me that I could not bring him back. Even though, that morning we went to talk to her about the behavior and agreed on a plan to work with the school. I am not going to justify my son's behavior but the teacher suggested we seek help from a pediatrician, the obvious implication was that we medicate him. Another day she mentioned she didn t have time to work with my child since she had 11 other kids to attend. Another day she told me to take him to a Psychologist. After explaining the situation to the Psychologist, she laughed and indicated that biting was common for kids this age when in new environments. Most shocking was when my husband called the director. She began discussing another child which they kicked the same day, she didn t even know who my child was. She told us to bring him back the next semester. We decided not to. We took him to another Montessori and he is doing great.

Posted January 11, 2012
School has good teachers but no one is really in charge of the academics. Lots of children just like in public school but with a >$7700 in tuition price tag; Little to no supervision on the playground. Almost pulled my child out due to bullying and inappropriate contact. Was told that my child didn't fit the montessori mold. Maria Montessori would turn over in her grave if she saw this school operation.

Posted May 10, 2011
School was just o.k. It fell below my expectations due to lack of supervision and interest in my child's learning. Facility is very cramped and anyone off the street can come in since there is no front door supervision. No IDs are checked upon entering the facility. Wouldn't pay for private school prices for this school.

Posted February 20, 2009
This school is great! I enrolled my son in first grade after having a very poor reception at the public school across the street. They have helped him to catch up in weak areas and to polish his strengths. I look forward to him continuing his great education at this school.

Child Montessori School