Posted June 24, 2012
We have just finished our 3rd year at St. Matthew Catholic School. My children have booth been in the lower grades and middle school. We attended another Catholic School before this one and are very pleased to say that we have found everything we are looking for at S. Matthew. This school not only academically prepares all of it's students very well to continue on to high school on beyond. The balance between education, religion and extra curricular activities is great. Children have the opportunity to participate in Honors Classes, Sports, Service Projects and various events throughout the year. It is not only a school but a community. There are so many family events. The techonology advances that are being made at the school are another plus. Please don't think the school is perfect, because every school can always improve, but I can tell you it's pretty close.

Posted June 04, 2012
We just finished our second year at St. Matthews and couldn't be happier. We moved from out of state and were used to a smaller school, but have found it very easy to adjust. The school does a really great job of educating the students and provides multiple opportunities for students to be challenged. We have had great teachers, made great friends, and our child is happy and thriving. We had hoped to find a school that provided great academics and that also focused on faith in a true Catholic environment. We have not been disappointed. I would highly recommend St. Matthew Catholic School.

St. Matthew Catholic School 1

Posted May 29, 2012
My children have attended this school and I have to say this school is awful. The teacher have no control over the student body. The student will leave their class and enter another classroom and just sit there. Students will randomly shut lights off during class, shut out, throw papers around, and sleep. Homework is not something that is given often. I'm not sure how anyone is learning. The parents of these kids think they are better than others because they have money. The school allows this because the school profits from it. I paid the same amount as these parents just didn't show it off there is no reason to raise their noses at me. They are in no way shape or form better than I am and their children will not be better than mine. I'll make sure that my children get the best education I can get for them. I will move my children out of this school prior to any more damage being done to them. This school has hurt their self esteem, education, and their whole concept of what school is suppose to be a place of higher education not kindergarten.

Posted March 22, 2012
St. Matthew Catholic School is wonderful! The faculty and administration care about the students and work hard to make sure that each student is provided with great opportunities for success. The families at St. Matthews are friendly and eager to welcome new families into the community. This school is what a Catholic elementary school should be...St. Matthews provides an excellent education with an emphasis on faith formation and development. We are blessed to be a part of this school.

Posted July 16, 2010
I have a fourth and 1st grader and couldn't be more pleased with St. Matthew. We are not Catholic but are treated by teachers and students like family. The percent of graduates that attended since Kinder indicates the quality of education. Absolutely recommend St. Matts to people of all faiths

St. Matthew Catholic School 0

Posted September 08, 2009
This is our 2nd year at St. Matthew and we are extremely happy with the school! Although, every parent says their child is the smartest, both my husband and I feel that St. Matthew has prepared my kindergartener extremely well! He is excited about school. We look forward to the upcoming years since we have heard so many good things about the school, staff, curriculum and activities sponsored by St. Matthew. Involvement is important, but not necessary to attend every field trip or event. The children are well cared for and feel safe in their environment.

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted February 02, 2008

Posted February 20, 2007

Posted February 20, 2007
We have been at St. Matthew for 11 years. The school has only improved during this time. There is a strong sense of community at St. Matthew. I am confused about the other reviewer's comment regarding high- administration-turnover. A long-time principal moved on and we had one principal in between that lasted only a year, but Mr. Caro came in and has provided steady leadership since. Mr. Caro is a wonderful leader and Christian role model for the children. He respects them and expects the same back. Since his own children will be students for many years to come, it is likely that he will remain a steady influence at the school. Academics are strong. My children have all been well-prepared for high school and college. We will be there many more years.

St. Matthew Catholic School
10703 Wurzbach Road, San Antonio, TX  78230
Last modified St. Matthew Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Matthew Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top