Posted October 27, 2014
Accepted into Rice in October? That is truly early admission! Most early admits don't find out until December. I guess the school is better than i remember.

Posted October 20, 2014
A fantastic school in every way. If you are looking for great education for your children that is rewarding, enriching, and unique, then this is the school for you. I enrolled both my daughters here after researching all the other private schools in the city. I have never most experienced anything other than thankfulness that I chose this school for my daughters. My eldest has just been accepted into Rice University.

Posted October 10, 2014
As the comments show, you'll either love the school or hate it. This school is one of the last remnants of what was once a good thing we all had going but took for granted. Most of the complaints truly are exaggerated if not outright inaccurate. Everyone does have a right to his or her own opinion. Unfortunately, technology has made anonymous complaints very easy whether true or not. This school is utterly fantastic on numerous levels. And it is only getting better. Those that disagree have their reasons I suppose. But usually the ones completely satisfied have better things to do than write posts on Internet forums. It took a lot for me to actually chime in, but the record needed to be set straight. It is not an exaggeration that this is the best school in San Antonio. Other schools are great at many things as well. Most are not. But this one is the best for the right reasons. The school puts the students first. Its mission is without question solid. The staff are extremely professional and love their job. The students develop a bond with each other for the rest of their lives, only being outdone by the Aggie solidarity, which says a lot. Those are the facts. Trust me.

Posted September 30, 2014
I went to school here for two years, 7th and 8th grade and thought I liked it. My parents sent me to Central Catholic for high school and looking back now it's one of the best things that has ever happened to me. It opened my mind to bigger and greater things, as Atonement likes to lock their people in their own world. They basically preach that anyone that doesn't believe their religious and political views are evil and are condemned to hell. The teachers are rude, and have very illogical class policies. Daily mass, religion, and choir are forced on you. Athletics are pathetic and there is little to nothing to do outside the school, as in clubs, etc. So unless you want to end up doing something with religion or music, steer clear. Please. You have been warned.

Posted September 18, 2014
I love Atonement. I graduated a few years ago, having attended all fourteen years (Pre-K through 12). It's a place where I truly felt at home; with the Lord, as well as my classmates and teachers. I loved daily Mass and I miss it. The high school academically prepared me for college and I'm at the top of most of my classes. The workload isn't so heavy if highschool gets you used to it. It also helped me build the backbone I need to defend my faith - college can be a very liberal place, but I know the love of God and I know how to show it to others without being defensive or pushing people away. I loved many of my teachers there. You can see how good their hearts are. I remember them always willing to go the extra mile to help a student out, even if it wasn't related to their class specifically. Like any school, there were some duds over the years...but the good always outweighed the bad, Graduates have gotten into places like St. Mary's, A&M, UT, Rice, Notre Dame, Hillsdale, I even had a friend who was interviewing for Yale. Atonement is a blue ribbon school - if you use your education correctly, you can go places. Many grads are either done or on their way to getting degrees.

Posted June 13, 2014
Don't trust the administration of this school. We had our children enrolled for nearly 10 years at the Atonement Academy. We are very devout Catholic family and were undermined as parents of our children. Our children were advised against our requests and our family decisions. They say that they are family oriented and that family comes first; however, they will have no problem telling your children that you are wrong. This destroys the family unity and for a larger than the 2.3 child family, this creates much discourse within the family. We used to be the greatest advocate of AA and would hear stories of the gossip or the administrative over-reaches, and excuse away. Not any more. Our family unit has been greatly altered by a "Catholic" school who should have supported parents instead of "cottling" to disgruntled teenagers. They will take your money and use it to access the minds and attitudes of your children. Beware.

Posted April 06, 2014
My kids go to this school for a year now. They've been to many Catholic schools both in Ohio and California whenever we moved. I am able to compared the quality of education they provide to our kids and honestly, this school met beyond my expectation. I was skeptical at teh beginning due to the daily mass and my kids also had a hard time for the first few weeks and they both cried about it but after our support and encouragement and they get used to it, they now just not like the school, they love it! I also asked my kids about the quality of education, they both said it is far way advance compared to other Cathlic schools they went. My 5th grade daugter is already learning transversals in Math which is an introduction to Geometry and my son only learned it during freshman. We sent our kids to Catholic school because we want them to be successful and have a good foundation with cosistent discipline both from home and in school. Techonology is not always the answer to learning. The kids have computers at home already and we do not want them spending to much time in computer instead of intearactie learning. I realy love the teachers for being consistent, teach sudents on acntbility

Posted January 02, 2014
Hi, I'm a high school student at AA. There's a lot of reviews coming from parents and I don't see a lot from actual students coming from there. I personally love the school. If you want your child to have a good foundation of his/her religion as a Catholic, I absolutely recommend this school. AA teaches the students great reverence for the Mass and the Eucharist. I don't know where parents got the idea that they destroy your childhood here. When I first came to the school, everyone was reaching out to me. What drew me to the school was the Mass. The liturgy is so beautiful. They teach the students to sing their best for God, and therefore have one of the best choirs in the area, if not the best. Going to Mass every day for so many years, imagine how many graces your child will be getting going to this school. AA not only prepares the students' minds academically, but also spiritually. Plus, I attended their last graduation of high school students. The school gave a total of 3 million dollars of scholarship for the 17 students alone. The school absolutely wants the best for the students. Read the Vatican's review. If you send your child to this school, your child will thrive.

Posted June 29, 2013
The Atonement Academy is very clear about who they are and make sure that you know and follow their ways. I have been a part of Catholic Education my entire life and never encountered this "type" of school. The school was not a fit for our family. I am not sure it is a good fit for most families. They are the only Catholic school in the area and I think people try to make it work for them by going along with the way they do things. Children are not put first in this school. Daily Mass, beautiful buildings, and their strict interpretation of Catholism are first and foremost. My children were extremely unhappy but it took me awhile to catch on that the change in their personalities was due to the stress of this school's environment. The approach of the teachers is outdated: busy seat work, not hands on, and rarely do the children leave their desks. The technology is nonexistent- no computers in classrooms. If you are looking at this for your child- please dig deeper than the invitation to Mass and tour of the school. On the surface it looks and seems wonderful- look closer. If you send your children, watch closely and make sure the Atonement ways don't break their childhood spirit.

Posted June 12, 2013
First and foremost, this school is CATHOLIC. If you are looking for an outstanding private education only at Catholic school prices, move on; it is CATHOLIC. If your child behaves and he or she is willing to work very hard every day, he or she will grow in wisdom and stature.

Atonement Academy