9-12|Private

Bad
Good

I graduated from Lutheran High School in 2012 and I will be graduating college with a 4.0 a full year early. I loved all of the teachers during my time there. They were always extremely helpful and supportive. I feel that I was truly blessed to have attended high school there for all four years. The small classes allowed discussion that promoted learning, critical thinking, as well as friendship among the students and teachers. I believe that Lutheran High School is a special place and prepares students extremely well for college level courses.

LHS is a really great school. Except for the teachers. They're a joke. They can't control classes and they give too much homework. There's also a strong lack of sports besides basketball, track/cross country, and volleyball. The portables suck too, but we're working on getting rid of them.

My daughter is Senior this year at LHS. This is a great school that prepares students for college with a Christian basis. The teachers are wonderful and really care about the students. I would definitely recommended this school.

Great school with fabulous teachers. I have two students at the school and both are enjoying and benefitting from the small size. Every teacher gets to know each student and is a great help.

LHS has been a blessing for our family. Small environment with a caring administration and teachers. Many sports and extracurricular activities that all students can participate in, unlike the larger, public schools. Academically sound, with many AP classes. I feel sure my son will be prepared for college, both academically, and spiritually. Highly recommended.

I have been at Lutheran for almost two years now and I absolutely love it! The teachers are always there to help you no matter what it is about. I have excelled in many of my classes thanks to the help of my teachers. We have been adding more and more clubs so far we have anime club, book club, pro life club, and chess club and will hopefully be starting more! We also have sports such as volleyball who recently just won district championships, basketball, soccer, golf, tennis etc. Lutheran High school is extremely welcoming and all of the students are always there for each other. If anyone is looking for a school I would definitely recommend this school!

I've been stuck at LHS for four years of my life I wish I had gotten back. If you have any and I mean ANY ounce of althletic ability in any sport other than basketball, don't attend. Basketball is the elite sport of the school (good for it), but all other sports get no respect. The football team was a joke and the cheerleader team (who was very good and was invited to nationals) was put down and ended because the coach was a parent. Baseball has a great coach they just are bad. Other sports they say they offer, they don't. They haven't had a soccer team in the past 3 years and won't have a softball team this year or a swimming team...Etc. I can almost guarantee you the only teams sports in 2013-2014 will be boys basketball and maybe volleyball. Otherwise you're on your own for golf, swimming, track, cross country, etc who haven't sported a team in forever. If you are looking for academics you found the right place. Teachers are mostly good and rigorous, but are hardly available because of how much they have to cover because the school doesn't have enough money to hire coaches, custodians, or lunches. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the school Is gone by the next 3 years

Small class sizes, chapel 2-3 times a week, GREAT teachers, well behaved students, good cafeteria food and strong parent connection to school are just a few reasons we chose Lutheran. Last year my daughter was at a public school, the huge class sizes made it almost impossible to receive 1 on 1 help, but with Lutheran's dedicated teachers and small class sizes our daughter just has to ask and they are eager to assist her.

My sons both attended Lutheran High School. The academics at LHS prepared them well for their futures at UTSA and Texas A &M. Both have now also received their Master's Degrees. However, more importantly, I was grateful for the excellent role models and Christian grounding they received while attending LHS. While they are both successful in their careers, they are also excellent Christian witnesses and leaders in our community.

LHS has been a great choice for our children. The staff provide a caring, nurturing environment balanced with academic rigor. The students have been raised in homes that support education and moral development. We highly recommend Lutheran High School.

Last modified Lutheran High School Of San Antonio is a Private school that serves grades 9-12