San Antonio, TX

Posted February 15, 2015
You know the old saying..."You get what you pay for" I would agree with most of the reviews regarding this school. I would consider North West Hills a low end private school. The school is based on a portable, they are not fully accredited, they offer no AP classes, there is no real lunch room, the hot lunch that is catered in is served on Styrofoam, the principle is unprofessional and can not handle any concerns between parent and teacher, she always takes the other side without resolving anything. They will nickle and dime you all through out the year, you cant even go to a little event your child's teacher will have in the chapel without coming out to someone selling some junk food. Their computer room is a joke, their art room is a joke, their library is a joke. The school it self is a joke. I think if they got rid of the principle, and a few of the Pre-k seasoned teachers, you might have a okay low end private school. See for your self, either you will love it or hate it. Good luck!

Posted February 15, 2015

Posted January 31, 2015
If you're looking for a Military style Pre-K program you will find it here. Especially with these older ladies. These teachers should really retire! They have no business teaching small children with their ridiculous old fashioned expectations. I was forced to withdraw my child in fear of emotional damage. I drew the line after the teacher cut off verbal communication with me. I was told by the principle, "I think is because you ask too many questions" Imagine! I'm very fortunate to have found another Pre-K 4 program, what a blessing for my child. Very disheartening for me to hear my childs new teacher tell me she can not understand where the teacher from NWHCS were coming from! My child has been on greens since the new school. I feel so bad I let my child stay as long as I did. The principle is a joke! The tuition is cheap, spend the extra few hundred on a higher end private school that is fully accreted. They offer nothing here. You get what you pay for.

Posted January 24, 2015
Teachers are not certified and Administration is not properly trained. Please be aware that supervision is lacking and if your child gets physically hit by another this is to be reported to the police. This is the policy of public schools when a child is consciously physically injured by another, a policy not followed at this school.

Northwest Hills Christian School 5

Posted August 04, 2014
Both of my children have had the Pre-k 3 teacher at this school. We LOVE her!!!!! I have both types of kids. One that was quiet and one that was not. She is what I would call "real" with parents. She does not sugar coat things. Maybe the previous parent couldn't take the fact that their child needed help. This school is a wonderful place for children.

Northwest Hills Christian School 5

Posted July 24, 2014
Both of my children have attended NWHCS for a few years now, and we absolutely love it! I couldn't ask for a better loving and learning environment for my children, especially when Christ is made center of attention in everything. I am very happy with the superintendent and have never seen her as unapproachable by any means. In fact, she is a very sweet and understanding person. I have had nothing but positive experiences with all of the staff there and I have always been greeted with a smile! I have seen several improvements made to the school, which completely makes the school spirit nights and fundraisers seem worth it for my child. From my business experience, I understand how tuition fees are designed to keep a school operating and maintained. Without state funding, fundraisers are the only means for improvement, so I have no problem with them. Besides, the tuition is so low for the quality. Five different teachers have taught my kids and I have never had any issues with any of them. They were all certified with real teaching degrees, so I'm not sure about the previous comments on here. Please, judge for yourself and take a tour. I am so glad my husband and I did!
4 people found this helpful

Posted June 19, 2014
Bullying is shoved under the rug. We felt Religion was pushed with mandatory high adventure field trips linked to religion. They do nickel and dime you with fundraisers (many fast food events.) The administration refuses to meet in person when conflict arises, minimizing problems and encouraging families to leave the school if you don t agree with their policies. I wished someone had warned me about this place and I had checked other schools. We lost an investment of time and money that we sacrificially made for what we thought was a better education for our child. Unfortunately, we had to learn the hard way that the school had bullies, clicks, uncertified teachers, and an administration not interested in our concerns. We were amazed that the public school we switched our child to is more advanced academically and tailors to our child needs. If you want small environment for your child check the charter or magnet schools in the area. They are free and open to the public, and if you don t like them, you don t lose your tuition money, so you can afford going on vacation or improve the quality of your life!

Northwest Hills Christian School 2

Posted February 04, 2013
My Nephew has attended this school since he was 3 yrs old. I also taught in the middle school for a semester. In addition, I VOLUNTEERED my time to coach the middle school basketball team for several years. I feel since the previous Director left, the current Director is more about the quantity than the quality. The classs I taught had 12 kids, my nephew's current class has 22. In addition, although the majority of the teachers have Degrees, they do not have their teacher certification. I am certified by the State of Texas to teach PE, Science, and Health. During my time as a public school teacher I was observed by my administrator 2 times per semester. I would be interested to know how often the middle school teachers at this school are observed. Two of the 3 teachers in the middle school are extremely disorganized and if you read the Bios on the NWHCS website you will notice they do not have a teaching background. They have a Degree, but they did not spend the hours observing classrooms that most education degrees require. I do agree the Abeka Curriculumn is a very good curriculumn and if taught currectly will give a child an advantage over a public school child.

Posted July 15, 2012
The pricipal is not able to handle conflict between staff or parents. A great kindergarten teacher was abruptly let go against her will becuase the principal could not or would not resolve the conflict. Two more kindergaten teachers quit or were fired that same years. The parents were very upset and confused by this. There is no appropriate chain of command when conflicts occurs. Also, some teacher are not certified and the school is still not accredited!!!

Northwest Hills Christian School 2

Posted March 19, 2012
The Pre-K program was great and cheaper than daycare. However the elementary curriculum is unorganized and inconsistent. Some classes are much more behind than others. They had 3 faculty members abruptly resign last month alone which caused classes to fall behind and tough transitions for young Kindergarten kids. When I followed the grievance policy for my questions/complaints, I was given the run around by the director & the pastor and was refused any further information. One told me the director and superintendent were the same person which I believe is a conflict of interest but couldn't get any clear answers. Tuition jumps annually however the education, resources, and organization is not improving and athletic programs are almost non-existent due to poor communication. If you get a good teacher that the director likes the class is great, if not, look forward to a bumpy year for all.

Northwest Hills Christian School
8511 Heath Circle Dr, San Antonio, TX  78250
Last modified Northwest Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Northwest Hills Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top