Posted April 30, 2015
My children (PreK - 3 to 1st grade) have been at NWHCS for 2 years now. The staff has always been nice and helpful. You enter the school and are overwhelmed with the love that everyone has for each other. My children have grown not only academically but spiritual. Anywhere you go there are issues, at least at NWHCS there is an open line of communication. Questions and concerns are address as soon as possible. If you're new to the area or are looking for a new school for your children, contact the school. Review pages are often used by individuals that have only negative things to say or underlying issues that they didn't speak up and have addressed.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 30, 2015
My child has been attending NWHCS for 2 years. My child has thrived in the schools high academic standards and the positive, loving, Christian environment. My child's teacher is so in tune with all of her students. There has been been communication with her all year and she has helped my child work thru his disability and thrive in school in all aspects. I get emails, notes, phone calls just letting me know how my child is doing daily/weekly. I wish I could say it more, but this school cares about the success of your child not only academically but socially as well. One review stated this school is too strict which is nonsense. NWHCS holds the kids to a high standard of excellence which as a parent you want your kids to thrive and succeed and this school provides that foundation. My child has been involved in every sport the school offers and the coaches have been so enthusiastic..teaching the kids not only the sport at hand but also such positive sportsmanship. My family is truly blessed to have found and be a part of the NWHCS family!

Posted April 27, 2015
I too have observed the poor leadership skills of the principal, Donna Beaver. My grandson will be switching to an accredited Christan school next year . This administration operates on a punitive system and does not demonstrate Christian love towards the children ,parents or faculty .The turnover of faculty is reflective of the dictatorial leadership and poor treatment of teachers .It is my understanding that few teachers are educated in their field of instruction . The principal is condescending and causes conflict among parents and staff. Don't waste your money or your children's formative years!

Posted February 15, 2015
You know the old saying..."You get what you pay for" I would agree with most of the reviews regarding this school. I would consider North West Hills a low end private school. The school is based on a portable, they are not fully accredited, they offer no AP classes, there is no real lunch room, the hot lunch that is catered in is served on Styrofoam, the principle is unprofessional and can not handle any concerns between parent and teacher, she always takes the other side without resolving anything. They will nickle and dime you all through out the year, you cant even go to a little event your child's teacher will have in the chapel without coming out to someone selling some junk food. Their computer room is a joke, their art room is a joke, their library is a joke. The school it self is a joke. I think if they got rid of the principle, and a few of the Pre-k seasoned teachers, you might have a okay low end private school. See for your self, either you will love it or hate it. Good luck!

Posted February 15, 2015
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 31, 2015
If you're looking for a Military style Pre-K program you will find it here. Especially with these older ladies. These teachers should really retire! They have no business teaching small children with their ridiculous old fashioned expectations. I was forced to withdraw my child in fear of emotional damage. I drew the line after the teacher cut off verbal communication with me. I was told by the principle, "I think is because you ask too many questions" Imagine! I'm very fortunate to have found another Pre-K 4 program, what a blessing for my child. Very disheartening for me to hear my childs new teacher tell me she can not understand where the teacher from NWHCS were coming from! My child has been on greens since the new school. I feel so bad I let my child stay as long as I did. The principle is a joke! The tuition is cheap, spend the extra few hundred on a higher end private school that is fully accreted. They offer nothing here. You get what you pay for.
5 people found this helpful

Posted January 24, 2015
Teachers are not certified and Administration is not properly trained. Please be aware that supervision is lacking and if your child gets physically hit by another this is to be reported to the police. This is the policy of public schools when a child is consciously physically injured by another, a policy not followed at this school.
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 04, 2014
Both of my children have had the Pre-k 3 teacher at this school. We LOVE her!!!!! I have both types of kids. One that was quiet and one that was not. She is what I would call "real" with parents. She does not sugar coat things. Maybe the previous parent couldn't take the fact that their child needed help. This school is a wonderful place for children.

Posted July 24, 2014
Both of my children have attended NWHCS for a few years now, and we absolutely love it! I couldn't ask for a better loving and learning environment for my children, especially when Christ is made center of attention in everything. I am very happy with the superintendent and have never seen her as unapproachable by any means. In fact, she is a very sweet and understanding person. I have had nothing but positive experiences with all of the staff there and I have always been greeted with a smile! I have seen several improvements made to the school, which completely makes the school spirit nights and fundraisers seem worth it for my child. From my business experience, I understand how tuition fees are designed to keep a school operating and maintained. Without state funding, fundraisers are the only means for improvement, so I have no problem with them. Besides, the tuition is so low for the quality. Five different teachers have taught my kids and I have never had any issues with any of them. They were all certified with real teaching degrees, so I'm not sure about the previous comments on here. Please, judge for yourself and take a tour. I am so glad my husband and I did!

Posted June 19, 2014
Bullying is shoved under the rug. We felt Religion was pushed with mandatory high adventure field trips linked to religion. They do nickel and dime you with fundraisers (many fast food events.) The administration refuses to meet in person when conflict arises, minimizing problems and encouraging families to leave the school if you don t agree with their policies. I wished someone had warned me about this place and I had checked other schools. We lost an investment of time and money that we sacrificially made for what we thought was a better education for our child. Unfortunately, we had to learn the hard way that the school had bullies, clicks, uncertified teachers, and an administration not interested in our concerns. We were amazed that the public school we switched our child to is more advanced academically and tailors to our child needs. If you want small environment for your child check the charter or magnet schools in the area. They are free and open to the public, and if you don t like them, you don t lose your tuition money, so you can afford going on vacation or improve the quality of your life!

Northwest Hills Christian School
8511 Heath Circle Dr, San Antonio, TX  78250
Last modified Northwest Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Northwest Hills Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top