PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

It is a very comfortable family environment here. Every teacher that comes into contact with my child seems to have a vested interest in his well being; from the car drop off line, to his teacher, cafeteria staff, all the way through to the after school care. My family has seen quite a few health struggles this year and every time we've gone to the Teachers and Staff for help, relief, or questions, we've been met with nothing but compassion, patience and kindness.

Words can not express how much we love Northwest Hills Christian School. All I was looking for was a PreK class for my son that shared the same core values and with a reasonable price. And we received so so so much more. Not only is it a plus that my son loves his school, he really enjoys getting to go to gym everyday, and then art, music, and library once a week. But my pleasant surprise is his education. He has learned so much this year with a really sweet teacher and he reads so well. Reading is a complete bonus, I didn't think those skills would develop until Kindergarten. Its makes me very happy that he is more than ready for next year. So glad we found this WONDERFUL school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

This school just got a new Principle and he really seems to be getting the job done.

My kids have been going here for 3 years and we love the smaller class size ratios. Everyone is friendly and it's nice to be around other families and teachers who have your child's best interest in mind and teach Christian values.

Both of my children have attended this school for 5 years and both of them have excelled beyond my expectations. The reason is...God is at work at this school. He has brought really great people to the school and I feel safe in trusting the staff with my children. All of the staff welcomes my family with a smile and hello everyday and are always willing to meet with my husband and I for any concerns we may have, and to pray with us. I recommend this school. Take a tour and see for yourself.

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

Bullying is dealt with through the use of scripture and mercy. Forgiveness and guidance is always the first step at Northwest Hills.

Supports LD students: Agree

Ms. Morrison is a prime example of a superior teacher in catering to the special needs of a child.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

When negative things happen at the school, parents are not notified. For example when a teacher leaves without explanation, or if a parent has a complaint or concern, the school goes by what teachers think and there is little recourse since the school is not accredited and therefore, no outside governing body investigates the matter. There also seems to be an abnormal amount of negative gossiping among staff and parents.

The enrollment has plummeted over the past years and can be verified. The school is not accredited and therefore no organization reviews policies or academic standards. The school does not offer drama, gospel choir, AP classes and many things like enrollment numbers need to be updated on websites. Teachers leave without notice or explanations and this makes it hard on students. If you are going to pay for a private school, you need to review the cons of not being accredited and how that can affect your child in the future. If you are looking for a homeschool type of education, then being accredited may not matter.

NWHCS is a community of Christian families who care for each other and each other's families. Students going through school here make friendships and memories that last a lifetime. Teachers and staff are not here for pay...they are here because they truly care for and love these children. One review stated that teachers rarely stay a year or longer--this is the exception, and only true when young teachers leave for public school where they can earn 3 times as much. The teachers are dedicated and make sacrifices to be able to contribute to the child's true worth. Schools are made up of the students and these students' families, and NWHCS has great families!

Last modified Northwest Hills Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8