San Antonio, TX

Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School 1

Posted August 13, 2014
I heard the kids in this school were a little rough, especially on the fields during games, but I thought maybe they were really competitive. We signed our 7 and 5yo up for camp this summer to test the water. On her 3rd day there my 7yo witnessed 3 girls bullying another. When she went to check on the girl she was grabbed from behind & held by one child while another kicked her! Teachers never mentioned it. We spoke with the director who assured us they would talk to the "one" who kicked her. I begged them to remind all students about bullying and how to report it. Two weeks later picking up my kids I heard chanting coming from the playground. Every kid on the playground (mine included) were surrounding a boy sitting on the floor chanting Cry Baby. Two teachers sat nearby chatting. I scolded my kids loudly and made them apologize, but walking away I realized the teachers never looked up and the kids were probably going to start up again. I had to go back & tell them to check on this boy. How can teachers ignore a child being bullied? In a Christian school! Again, director was unaware of it. I didn't feel my children were safe or being taught Christian values. That was our last day.

Posted June 24, 2014
Great school for my children. I have my 2 children sent to this school for 4 years and we loved it and will keep them in. Teachers are great and they did their best to help each child and treat them equally.

Posted April 22, 2014
This is the best school. The teachers are awesome. The teachers are always happy which they are not in other places. I love the curriculum and the hands-on education.

Posted February 24, 2013
SHLS has been the best educational decision we have made for our children. With so many private school choices in San Antonio, we choose SHLS year after year because our children have made great strides educationally and spiritually, and the school supports the same values and ethics we have at home. SHLS is an extension of our family, from caring school and church staff, high credentialed educators, to well run cafeteria, sports, tech, and extracurricular programs, all helping to ensure my children become the best they can possibly be. For me and my family, there is no other choice.

Posted February 16, 2013
Both of my children attended Shepherd of the Hills from preschool through 8th grade. Shepherd of the Hills provides a well-rounded education, focused on the whole child...spiritual, academic, social, and emotional development. Children attending Shepherd of the Hills are provided with many opportunitiies to develop their own individual strengths and abilities through strong academics, daily Bible lessons, weekly chapel, and varied extra-curricular activities such as band, sports, academic competitions through PSIA, scouts, and after-school clubs such as martial arts and jumprope, to name a few. Students are encouraged to be service-minded through supporting and encouraging a children's home in Haiti, and participating in student led service projects. Even though my children have completed their education, Shepherd of the Hills would still be my first choice in selecting a preschool through 8th grade program of education.

Posted February 07, 2013
We just completed a tour of this school and registered. We felt welcomed and felt the family feeling on campus. We have attended other schools and feel that Shepherd is a safe, friendly, academic atmosphere for our child. We feel strongly about this school, that we are not waiting for next year...we are enrolling right now!

Posted February 05, 2013
This school is INVOLVED. The teachers genuinely care about each of their students. They strive for top-notch education in all areas, and have recently taken great strides in the area of technology. The atmosphere is caring and Christian. My children love going to school each day.

Posted February 05, 2013
Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran School and Childcare has been home to our granddaughter for 3 years nows. She began in preschool and is currently in first grade. The faculty and staff put forth their very best effort everyday creating a warm, Christian environment. If you're looking for a school that lives up to their Mission Statement: "Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran School and Childcare is a community of parents, students, and staff working together to foster Christ-like qualities in all we pursue: spiritual growth, academic excellence, social, emotional, and physical development," then this is the campus for you.

Posted February 05, 2013
Excellent christian school with excellent teachers. I have one child who goes to Shepherd now and loves school.Teachers are caring and supportive. Chapel on Wednesdays are AWESOME!!!! Parents are always encouraged to get involved with there class.

Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School 1

Posted January 31, 2013
Nice nice Christian enviroment, but that's about it. Principal, very weak, not a strong leader or problem solver. Vice-principal even worse. Not a strong teaching staff, although there are a few outstanding teachers. My daughter, who went to Shepherd for three years, told me that Shepherd did not prepare her for high school. Have talked with other parents who share the same feelings, especially with math. Cafeteria food--forget it! With all the negatives, no wonder the number of students has dwindled. If a Christmas enviroment is what you're looking for, which was at the top of our list, then take a look at Shepherd. If not, do your child a favor & look elsewhere.

Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School
6914 Wurzbach Road, San Antonio, TX  78240
Last modified Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews. Top