San Antonio, TX

Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School 3

Posted April 08, 2015
After reading all the reviews and having a child enrolled at SHLS. I have to agree with most of them, both good and bad. I have seen behavior problems go uncorrected. I have noticed some bullying. A few students are kind of rough. But overall most are not. I also have to agree that a couple of times my child was the victim of a bully and I wasn't notified. But that same day received a note about handwriting. The teachers & administration do really care. They try very hard. But as a past reviewer stated, they do over pressure small details and fail to see bigger issues or the "whole" child. Bottom line is its a good school with a staff that does care. A child could do well there, but be prepared to advocate for them.

Posted March 30, 2015
My daughter Attended this school from age three through the 8th grade she graduated in 2014. My daughter is very motivated and smart. The teachers allowed her to thrive and reach her goals. There was also good presence in sports and she had opportunities to participate and made significant improvements in basketball and track and field. My daughter also really enjoyed having spiritual values in the school. Shepherd prepared my daughter very well for high school and she now attends TMI episcopal school after being awarded a very competitive Alkek Scholarship.

Posted February 27, 2015
Our daughter has been going to Shepherd since pre K and we have loved it from that time on.From the principal,teachers,pastors,lunch room personal and day care everyone is so very caring.Our daughter is an exceptional student and they have encouraged her to keep this up through everything we as a family went through in the last 2 years With their help and encouragement she has managed a 4.0 grade point average throughout all her years there.Even though I know she worked extremely hard for this I know her being so happy at the school she attended and being encouraged by such great teachers has been a big part of it. She applied for and received a full four year scholarship to St Mary's Hall {Campbell Scholarship}.We know she will blossom there thanks to her great experience at Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran School.Thank you Shepherd family for a amazing 9 years.We will miss you all.Blessings and love The Cooper Family.

Posted February 05, 2015
My children love going to school every day. I'm very happy with what they are learning. The whole school did an International Study for their Open House that was fun and all of the kids were excited to show off what they learned. I see happy kids and happy teachers. The Children's Chapel service is wonderful.

Posted February 05, 2015
I'm a grandparent of one of the Pre-K children, but my daughter also attended Shepherd of the Hills. This school was great when my daughter was here, and even better now. I love that I still see some of the same teachers, and the love for teaching and learning is wonderful. I'm so happy my granddaughter gets to attend Shepherd.

Posted February 05, 2015
My grandson attends this school and I am thrilled at what he is learning and the environment in which he is learning it. Everything is centered on Christ, and the curriculum will prepare him far better than the public school in our neighborhood. Every teacher and staff member is so helpful and seems to want to do the best for every child. I love this school!

Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School 1

Posted August 13, 2014
I heard the kids in this school were a little rough, especially on the fields during games, but I thought maybe they were really competitive. We signed our 7 and 5yo up for camp this summer to test the water. On her 3rd day there my 7yo witnessed 3 girls bullying another. When she went to check on the girl she was grabbed from behind & held by one child while another kicked her! Teachers never mentioned it. We spoke with the director who assured us they would talk to the "one" who kicked her. I begged them to remind all students about bullying and how to report it. Two weeks later picking up my kids I heard chanting coming from the playground. Every kid on the playground (mine included) were surrounding a boy sitting on the floor chanting Cry Baby. Two teachers sat nearby chatting. I scolded my kids loudly and made them apologize, but walking away I realized the teachers never looked up and the kids were probably going to start up again. I had to go back & tell them to check on this boy. How can teachers ignore a child being bullied? In a Christian school! Again, director was unaware of it. I didn't feel my children were safe or being taught Christian values. That was our last day.

Posted June 24, 2014
Great school for my children. I have my 2 children sent to this school for 4 years and we loved it and will keep them in. Teachers are great and they did their best to help each child and treat them equally.

Posted April 22, 2014
This is the best school. The teachers are awesome. The teachers are always happy which they are not in other places. I love the curriculum and the hands-on education.

Posted February 24, 2013
SHLS has been the best educational decision we have made for our children. With so many private school choices in San Antonio, we choose SHLS year after year because our children have made great strides educationally and spiritually, and the school supports the same values and ethics we have at home. SHLS is an extension of our family, from caring school and church staff, high credentialed educators, to well run cafeteria, sports, tech, and extracurricular programs, all helping to ensure my children become the best they can possibly be. For me and my family, there is no other choice.

Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School
6914 Wurzbach Road, San Antonio, TX  78240
Last modified Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Shepherd Of The Hills Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top