No rating

Castle Hills First Baptist School

Private | PK-12 | 424 students

Our school is best known for the college prep curriculum and Bible teaching.

Living in San Antonio

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Posted November 19, 2013

Castle Hills First Baptist School feels like one large loving family. Together, with our parents, we are helping to raise a generation of men and women who love God with all their heart, soul and strength.

Posted September 9, 2013

This school teaches nothing relevant to the 21st century. Your child will be inundated with terrible worksheets and bible verse memorization. The Christian textbooks are so slanted and completely inauthentic, leaving out major themes. This outdated curriculum won't prepare your child for college, nor will it impress any college admissions inside or outside of Texas so forget scholarships. You can take your child to Sunday school and get a more comprehensive bible education. You're better off going to public school and placing the extra money in your 401k.

Posted January 24, 2013

We are in our fourth year at CHFBS. When my daughter's school closed mid-year due to financial issues, we interviewed several different private, Christian schools. It was the unashamed love for Jesus Christ and the school's big plans to excell even further academcially that solidified our decision. The administration, teachers and students welcomed my daughter and now four years later we are still amazed at the love, care and education we are direct recipients of. The superintendent's energy and goals know no bounds and we are excited to see what our partnership with CHFBS brings in the next five years!

Posted January 15, 2013

As an alumni and back as current employee Castle Hills First Baptist School has been a huge part of my life. I attended the school from Pre school to 12th grade. I am so thankful for the consistent Christian Education and the relationships that were built along the way. The school has trust God through highs and lows, and it is great to be back now working with the students and the wonderful administration.

Posted January 14, 2013

We have invested our lives into this school (and church;) community because we see God working through the amazing people He has placed there. Mr. Pinkston works tirelessly to improve on every detail imaginable, but more importantly to make every child there know they are loved. Mrs. Jacobs, the elementary principal, is a wonderful encourager and on top of everything! From the administration to the teachers to the custodial staff, CHFBS is blessed with top-notch individuals. Our first grade daughter has benefitted greatly from an atmosphere that nurtures and challenges at the same time!

Posted January 12, 2013

Our daughter started 8th grade this year after being home schooled for the elementary grades. Our family has been warmly welcomed by both students and teachers. We have been especially pleased with the strong leadership of the superintendent whose desire is to bring exceptional teachers on staff in order to offer a quality education as well as inspire the students to live their lives in dedication to the Lord Jesus. We couldn't be more pleased and give God the glory for His leading us to Castle Hills.

Posted January 11, 2013

My daughter has attended CHFBS since 1st grade she is in the 10th grade now. It has been a blessing to watch her grow academically and spiritually. The class sizes are small and makes for personal one on one with the teachers.Extra curricular activities are small but growing and my daughter is in NHS, Student Council and many other clubs. My daughter has excelled at CHFBS. Both my husband and I are very pleased with CHFBS.

Posted January 11, 2013

As a grandparent, it makes my heart rejoice as I listen to my granddaughter singing Christain songs around the house. She started her education in public school and I did not see a happy child. She dreaded going to school. Then she transferred over to Castle Hills First Baptist and the happy child that I had known returned. She was absent for a day and truly missed seeing her teacher. I am thankful for the individual attention that she receives. She is interacting in a school situation that has excellent teachers and strong leadership in the administration. I appreciate that she is being challenged academically and strives to do her best. Castle Hills First Baptist School is giving my granddaughter the education that she needs not only for today but for the rest of her life.

Posted January 11, 2013

We thank GOD for CHFBS! Our daughter graduated two years ago from Castle Hills and son is now a junior in their High School. We have always been treated as family and we so value the legacy of Faith that has been instilled within our children, because of their education here.

Posted January 10, 2013

I highly recommend this school. I drive to school glad to be a teacher here. I think the atmosphere is one of caring. We are able to expess the love of Christ and treat everyone with respect. I have found the academics to be strong. The students are considerate and well behaved, and I have found parent support to be high.

Posted January 10, 2013

This is our second year at CHFBS and LOVE IT! Mr. Pinkston and staff are amazing, care for your children like no other school, and put Christ in center of the kids lives every day. Our daughter had 2 major surgeries in 4 month span. The superintendent called and prayed over our daughter for each surgery and afterwards. Pls tell me which school you know that that the superintendent calls and prayers over his/her students...hmmm? Every single member of the staff has been amazingly helpful during our first 2 years and have become our very dear family. Growing the kids in maturity of their walk with Christ is the core being of this school and the staff - they walk the walk every day!

Posted January 9, 2013

We personally have had 2 children graduate from CHFBS, and now 'the second generation' is enrolled in 1st grade. She just relocated from out of state, and has been embraced with open arms by the students and the faculty. She LOVES going to school, and is already reading at a 3rd grade level, b/c of the teacher's strong emphasis on outside reading. We are anticipating nothing but growth in all areas of the school- academics, sports, music, languages, computer-- because of the great vision being implemented by CHFBS's charismatic and passionate new Superintendent! Also, the security of our children is a TOP priority with a good system of supervision in place. Best of all, a vital relationship with the Living God is embodied by the staff, so God is glorified in the classroom and on the field. That is in itself worth the cost of a private education and we feel it is a worthy investment, physically, emotionally and spiritually attending this school. Soli Deo Gloria.

Posted November 29, 2012

We are in our 3rd year at Castle Hills First Baptist and love this school. It is so good to be in stable school with very capable devoted teachers and an administration that genuinely cares about the student and families. Our kids love their school, there are activities (theatre, sports, cheerleading, band) for everyone. We highly recommend this school to anyone searching for a Christ centered education for their child.

Posted November 6, 2012

As a Christian parent, I couldn't be more pleased. The faculty and staff are superb. The athletics are fantastic, and it doesn't get any better than the superintendent that we have! If you are looking for a school that will make a lasting impact on your child...this is it!

Posted March 8, 2011

We are very happy with CHFBS. We recently moved to SA and are consequently new to the school. Our entire family has been made to feel welcome by all. Our child was apprehensive at first. Is now doing great in school and in other school related activities. The staff is very competent, friendly and helpful. A genuine 'family' atmosphere. Although Christ and academics are stressed (as they should be), the quality of the sports programs at CHFBS are very competitive. Each student is exposed to a wide variety of sports, clubs and other activities. Mr. Michael Pinkston, CHFBS Superintendent, is full energy and a great natural leader. Our child is in trusted hands. Thanks CHFBS - Jim M.

Posted March 8, 2011

School has a virtually non-existent band program. The band teacher was absent for a most of entire school year and the school was unable to provide a substitute. School only has a minimal foreign language department.

Posted February 28, 2011

My husband and I have been very happy with CHFBS not only due to the high academic standards but also the spiritual leadership that flows through the school through the teachers and principals. Both principals and teachers really care and really want each child to succeed not only academially but also to strengthen their elationship with Christ. I would recommend this school with out any reservations. What more can a parent ask for but to be able to provide a superior academic education that is submersed in Christ to their children? Nothing!

Posted February 9, 2011

This school is a priceless gem. The teachers are loving but firm so kids are nurtured and when kids are nurtured they feel secure and confident to reach their full potential. There is a lot of growth and maturity in the student body. With their dedicated staff and superintendent, there is no limit. I wish that all schools had such high aspirations for their students. We will attend through high school.

Posted February 8, 2011

Our son is currently in kidnergarten and LOVES going o CHFBS. He has been there since pre-school. When asked if he would like to go to public school, he replies "No way, I can't talk about Jesus there!'. My husband and I are very pleased with the education, teachers, and administrators of CHFBS! Our daughter now goes to their pre-school program and can't wait to be just like her brother! We could not imagine sending our children anywhere else. We will make the sacrifice for their faith based education!

Posted February 7, 2011

Castle Hills First Baptist School has been a home for my daughter since pre-school, she is now in the 6th grade, preparing to enter middle school next year . I cannot say enough wonderful things about this school, not only is my daughter receiving an amazing education, but also an outstanding spiritual up-bringing as well. It is very important to me that my daughters to to a solid, Christ-centered school and this is the place. As my youngest goes to pre-school here and will be entering Kindergarten in the next year. My oldest has excelled here and just the other day referred to her class and teachers as her "other family", to me, this is priceless.

Asian or Pacific Islander 4% 4%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Christian PreSchool
Other Christian Schools
Public Schools
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 13% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 87% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 0% (2013)
Percentage of students going to vocational programs 0% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 0% (2013)
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Security personnel
Special education coordinator
Speech and language therapist(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

• Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments
  • Special education coordinator
  • Special olympics

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Science lab
  • Robotics club

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 7:55 am
School end time
  • 3:20 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Michael Pinkston
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Advanced placement courses
  • College prep
  • Gifted / high performing
  • Honors track
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language impairments
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
Vocational or skills-based training offered

• Art teacher(s)
  • Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
  • Improv
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Community service

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Athletic Booster Club
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom