Posted March 26, 2015
Castle Hills has been a tremendous blessing to our family. The teachers are priceless. They are wise, encouraging, godly men and women who take seriously their job to train up the next generation of Christian leaders. The academics are very strong, and there are plenty of extracurricular programs to ensure well-rounded students, such as fabulous arts and athletics programs. My children are happy, academically challenged, and growing in their faith. I couldn't ask for more!

Posted January 24, 2015
A school for the times we live in. Centered around teaching a Christian world view and preparation for higher education achievement.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 27, 2014
The teachers and administrators at CHFBS are truly dedicated and gifted. They have a great Christ-based curriculum that the students respond to and develop well within. Across the campus, students are developed into future leaders and Christ is recognized as the source of all. We have two children in school plus one in the kids day out program. We are because HE is!

Posted December 11, 2014
Castle Hills is the most amazing school! This is our son's 1st year here and he is in the 3rd grade. We had our challenges during Kinder - 2nd grade between public and charter schools. Moving to Castle Hills is the best decision we made for my son's life. He LOVES it! He's happy, his education is thriving, he's learning scripture and about God. I personally never saw myself putting my child in a Christian school, I never even considered private school before this year. But as a parent, to see your child struggle at other schools with bullying, no support from administration, and not learning the proper foundations for their life, you realize you have to place your child in the right school with the right people regardless of what it takes. Castle Hills is positive, the kids are amazing, they all are friends and care for each other - there is no bullying and no disruptive behavior. The teachers are so kind and supportive, they do a wonderful job instructing and providing a positive foundation for our kids. The administration is more than a parent can ask for, they are involved with our kids and the parents, they are organized, and very supportive. Everyone shines there!

Posted November 19, 2014
Congratulations to the Varsity Football team for going to the playoffs once again. Not only do we have great athletes but we have great athletes with character. A few weeks ago, one of the players on the opposing team was hurt on a play and I noticed all of our football players on the sidelines take a knee as is the custom. What happened next was so encouraging...the hurt player did not get up right away and so our young men on the sidelines huddled together and began to pray for this young man. Winning games is a lot of fun but playing with that kind of character is far more memorable and long lasting. Thank you to our amazing coaches who make character building the most important lesson.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 22, 2014
This was a great school from the start. We moved out here from El Paso and interviewed several school. Out of all the schools we interviewed this School is the one the kids liked the best, and they were the only ones who prayed with us before our interview, they were the only ones who called us back at the end of the day to see how we like to school and our search was going. Our kids were a little behind in reading and they went above and beyond to catch them up. School staff and teachers as well as the parents that we've met have been very nice and very helpful. I also like the fact that the superintendent of the school isn't afraid of getting his hands dirty and stepping right into the action and helping out. I have yet to meet A teacher or staff member who isn't willing to go above their call of duty to help the kids or parents. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone in and around the San Antonio area. Although we felt the school was priced high at the time of our interview we also felt it was well worth it by the end of the school year. Still believe it's a bit high but it's hard to put a price on your child's education.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 06, 2014
CHFBS is an incredible school that consistently manages to top it's own performance year after year. I began to attend Castle Hills as a preschooler in 1984 and graduated as a Senior in 2000. Now, I am a teacher in the school and have my own son enrolled in kindergarten. CHFBS is far more than a school, it is a community and a family. The teachers are encouraging and supportive, and genuinely care about each student individually. The academic standards are high, and extracurricular activities including athletics, clubs, and the arts abound. I strongly urge all parents considering schools in the area to come in person to speak to the staff and to see the students and the facility. This is a special and blessed place.

Posted January 23, 2014
This is truly a great school here in San Antonio. The teachers are loving but encoourage kids to achieve their very best academically. The staff has looked out for the well being of my kids and let me know when they had any concerns. The superintendant is VERY hands on and knows and chats with the kids daily. His Christian leadership is felt throught the entire campus. My kids are in High School and find the teachers and courses to be sufficiently challenging. We also love that parental involvement is allowed and highly encouraged at Castle Hills.

Posted January 08, 2014
CHFBS is an uplifting and positive place to go to school, as well as work. We recently moved to San Antonio, and luckily found CHFBS. My children are in 2nd and 4th grade, and I love both the academic challenge and the Christ-centered attitude in their classes. I love that the over parents have similar values and expectations for their children. I also am a teacher in the secondary part of the school. Wow! I have the privilage of teaching amazing kids who have a bright future. I hope my own children grow up to have the work ethic, desire to suceed, kindness, humility, love of service, school spirit, respect, humor, and desire to follow Christ that I see in my students. I think CHFBS is the tops, and I encourage interested parents/students to come check it out!

Posted December 30, 2013
We made the change from the public school system to private this year and we are so happy we did! Castle Hills staff cares about the kids, not just about numbers (grades, awards, etc). Our daughter is thriving there, not just surviving. We have 3 more kids heading to Castle Hiils in the future, and we are at peace about where they will be.

Castle Hills First Baptist School
2220 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio, TX  78213
Last modified Castle Hills First Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Castle Hills First Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top