Posted November 19, 2014
Congratulations to the Varsity Football team for going to the playoffs once again. Not only do we have great athletes but we have great athletes with character. A few weeks ago, one of the players on the opposing team was hurt on a play and I noticed all of our football players on the sidelines take a knee as is the custom. What happened next was so encouraging...the hurt player did not get up right away and so our young men on the sidelines huddled together and began to pray for this young man. Winning games is a lot of fun but playing with that kind of character is far more memorable and long lasting. Thank you to our amazing coaches who make character building the most important lesson.

Posted May 22, 2014
This was a great school from the start. We moved out here from El Paso and interviewed several school. Out of all the schools we interviewed this School is the one the kids liked the best, and they were the only ones who prayed with us before our interview, they were the only ones who called us back at the end of the day to see how we like to school and our search was going. Our kids were a little behind in reading and they went above and beyond to catch them up. School staff and teachers as well as the parents that we've met have been very nice and very helpful. I also like the fact that the superintendent of the school isn't afraid of getting his hands dirty and stepping right into the action and helping out. I have yet to meet A teacher or staff member who isn't willing to go above their call of duty to help the kids or parents. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone in and around the San Antonio area. Although we felt the school was priced high at the time of our interview we also felt it was well worth it by the end of the school year. Still believe it's a bit high but it's hard to put a price on your child's education.

Posted March 06, 2014
CHFBS is an incredible school that consistently manages to top it's own performance year after year. I began to attend Castle Hills as a preschooler in 1984 and graduated as a Senior in 2000. Now, I am a teacher in the school and have my own son enrolled in kindergarten. CHFBS is far more than a school, it is a community and a family. The teachers are encouraging and supportive, and genuinely care about each student individually. The academic standards are high, and extracurricular activities including athletics, clubs, and the arts abound. I strongly urge all parents considering schools in the area to come in person to speak to the staff and to see the students and the facility. This is a special and blessed place.

Posted January 23, 2014
This is truly a great school here in San Antonio. The teachers are loving but encoourage kids to achieve their very best academically. The staff has looked out for the well being of my kids and let me know when they had any concerns. The superintendant is VERY hands on and knows and chats with the kids daily. His Christian leadership is felt throught the entire campus. My kids are in High School and find the teachers and courses to be sufficiently challenging. We also love that parental involvement is allowed and highly encouraged at Castle Hills.

Posted January 08, 2014
CHFBS is an uplifting and positive place to go to school, as well as work. We recently moved to San Antonio, and luckily found CHFBS. My children are in 2nd and 4th grade, and I love both the academic challenge and the Christ-centered attitude in their classes. I love that the over parents have similar values and expectations for their children. I also am a teacher in the secondary part of the school. Wow! I have the privilage of teaching amazing kids who have a bright future. I hope my own children grow up to have the work ethic, desire to suceed, kindness, humility, love of service, school spirit, respect, humor, and desire to follow Christ that I see in my students. I think CHFBS is the tops, and I encourage interested parents/students to come check it out!

Posted December 30, 2013
We made the change from the public school system to private this year and we are so happy we did! Castle Hills staff cares about the kids, not just about numbers (grades, awards, etc). Our daughter is thriving there, not just surviving. We have 3 more kids heading to Castle Hiils in the future, and we are at peace about where they will be.

Posted December 27, 2013
I cannot say enough about the quality of education at CHFBS. There is a culture of academic excellence at this school which is grounded in a Christ-centered atmosphere. It can be felt from your first encounter with the administration, faculty, and/or students. My children have been enriched by their time here and will never attend any other school. CHFBS is the best! 'We are because HE is'

Posted December 27, 2013
My daughter is currently a junior in high school at CHFBS. I have 4 sons who attended a public school system and knew I did not want her doing the same. I enrolled her into the pre-school program at CHFBS, and then the elementary program to where she is now. I was always extremely pleased with each phase of education, as every aspect of her learning experience was exemplary. It actually seemed that each phase just got better and better. The secondary staff is superior, as our superintendent strives for our secondary faculty to have master degrees or better. But, more than the level of their degree, they each bring invaluable experience and a dedicated heart for teaching and sincere love for our children, which is exactly what teaching should be. The administration team is a dedicated team that works together to provide education with excellence. Not only am I pleased with the quality of education she has received but the spiritual education at CHFBS has given her something far more valuable that anything she could have received at any other school. I know that when my daughter graduates this next year, she is well prepared to face whatever lies ahead.

Posted December 27, 2013
Excellent academic and Christian values are taught at CHFBS. My daughter is in kindergarten and son is a freshman and both are growing up to be well-behaved and intelligent children. The superintendent, principals and vice-principals are excellent role models and are the back bone of the school.

Posted December 27, 2013
Superb academics. An environment of acceptance and encouragement. Every student is elevated to beyond his potential.

Castle Hills First Baptist School
2220 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio, TX  78213
Last modified Castle Hills First Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Castle Hills First Baptist School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top