PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 14, 2016
The older children are taught to look after the younger children and lead them in a positive direction.

Posted April 14, 2016
Both my daughters have THRIVED at Country Day Montessori School. The staff and the teachers know my children individually and cater to their specific needs and learning abilities. My eldest daughter (almost 14) was there for two years before she entered public middle school and has become quite the leader in her school activities and been able to handle multiple responsibilities at once. Because of San Antonio Country Day Montessori School, my eldest daughter has a global understanding of situations and has been exposed to a variety of cultures and differences. The Montessori Model UN program at the school really prepared her for her teenage years. My youngest daughter (now 8) has always been a strong willed child. However, in this Montessori program, she is cooperative, helpful and far surpasses my educational expectations. Her imagination is vivid and she is able to come up with witty comments, jokes and stories that most adults cannot comprehend. I have personally known my children's teachers, the staff and the director for over five years. They are kind, empathetic, nurturing, charming and lovely people. It's refreshing to find a school where they focus on a developmental, educational and learning experience rather than passing exams. If you are looking for a school that will fit your child's needs and help them blossom to their full potential, I urge you to visit this school and meet with the teachers and staff.

The San Antonio Country Day School 3

Posted September 16, 2014
My daughter went to Country Day some years ago when she was 3. Her teacher, Ms. Martha, instilled a love of learning that was awe inspiring to watch develop. The children, including my daughter, were respectful of each other and themselves and self motivated to learn. Now, my daughter is in the 4th grade and in public school. She is in the Spanish dual language program at her school and is flourishing. She is consistently on the A honor roll since Kindergarten. She is completely bilingual, while her father and I speak no Spanish at all. And, she is equally proficient in English as well as Math. I attribute a great deal of her success to her start at Country Day School. The only draw back to this school is the head of school, Ms. Betty. To her credit, she envisioned her amazing school and then executed it's realization. She also attracted the teaching talent that is second to none. However, her abrasiveness and lack of communication made keeping our daughter there untenable. My husband and I were going through a short financial hardship at the time, which I told her about. Every penny was spoken for. Tuition was always paid on time.

Posted June 21, 2013
This has been an outstanding school for my children. My 7 year old has been here since he was 3 and has not only grown, but thrived in this school. Last year my daughter was finally old enough to go to "brother's" school and she has enjoyed it just as much as he always has. The staff is welcoming and knowledgeable. The teachers are outstanding- able to provide a warm environment in which the students may flourish.

Posted March 24, 2011
I couldn't have found a better place for my boys! I searched many different schools and wasn't familiar with the Montessori Method until I found Country Day School. They placed my twin boys in separate classes and their teachers were a perfect fit. I get great communication from the teachers, head of school and the staff. The school is a renovated old farm house, complete with a goose, goats and gardens outside the playground. I am very impressed with the huge strides my boys have made both cognitively and socially in just one half of the school year. I would recommend this school to my family members and best of friends!!

Posted February 15, 2010
I have two children attending this school and I couldn't be more thankful. The entire faculty is wonderful. I was not familiar with the Montessori method and took a chance on the school. Well the years keep passing and I keep re-enrolling. My children love the school. Thank you Ms. Betty Williams for founding this school.

Posted August 17, 2009
My three-and-half-year-old daughter has attended SACDS for one regular school year and the recently concluded summer Spanish program. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the head of school, the teachers, the support staff, and the program within which their students thrive. My daughter is happy and growing in every way at this school; I look forward to my young son experiencing the same joyful, strong development in the coming years. I consider SACDS our Montessori haven; it's the kind of environment every child should know.

The San Antonio Country Day School 3

Posted July 18, 2009
The teachers at this school are very good. Unfortunatly for them the Head of School is very difficult.

Posted July 22, 2008
This school is amazing! Bravo to the teachers, and staff! My son recently has been attending the summer Montessori program, and he loves it. This is his first experience being away from home and from day one he loves his new school. His teacher Mrs. Joyce is such a nurturing and welcoming person and is preparing him in the Montessori method. The sad thing for us is that we did not find Country Day School first, and we have our son enrolled in another program for the new school year. I wish we could continue with such a great program, but I will recommend the entire school to anyone.

Posted July 22, 2008
This school os amazing! It gives there students the learning skills that they will use for the rest of there lives. The teachers are loving caring people and take time to work with the children!

4194 Jung Road, San Antonio, TX  78247
Last modified The San Antonio Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6