San Antonio, TX

The San Antonio Country Day School 3

Posted September 16, 2014
My daughter went to Country Day some years ago when she was 3. Her teacher, Ms. Martha, instilled a love of learning that was awe inspiring to watch develop. The children, including my daughter, were respectful of each other and themselves and self motivated to learn. Now, my daughter is in the 4th grade and in public school. She is in the Spanish dual language program at her school and is flourishing. She is consistently on the A honor roll since Kindergarten. She is completely bilingual, while her father and I speak no Spanish at all. And, she is equally proficient in English as well as Math. I attribute a great deal of her success to her start at Country Day School. The only draw back to this school is the head of school, Ms. Betty. To her credit, she envisioned her amazing school and then executed it's realization. She also attracted the teaching talent that is second to none. However, her abrasiveness and lack of communication made keeping our daughter there untenable. My husband and I were going through a short financial hardship at the time, which I told her about. Every penny was spoken for. Tuition was always paid on time.

Posted June 21, 2013
This has been an outstanding school for my children. My 7 year old has been here since he was 3 and has not only grown, but thrived in this school. Last year my daughter was finally old enough to go to "brother's" school and she has enjoyed it just as much as he always has. The staff is welcoming and knowledgeable. The teachers are outstanding- able to provide a warm environment in which the students may flourish.

Posted March 24, 2011
I couldn't have found a better place for my boys! I searched many different schools and wasn't familiar with the Montessori Method until I found Country Day School. They placed my twin boys in separate classes and their teachers were a perfect fit. I get great communication from the teachers, head of school and the staff. The school is a renovated old farm house, complete with a goose, goats and gardens outside the playground. I am very impressed with the huge strides my boys have made both cognitively and socially in just one half of the school year. I would recommend this school to my family members and best of friends!!

The San Antonio Country Day School 0

Posted February 15, 2010
I have two children attending this school and I couldn't be more thankful. The entire faculty is wonderful. I was not familiar with the Montessori method and took a chance on the school. Well the years keep passing and I keep re-enrolling. My children love the school. Thank you Ms. Betty Williams for founding this school.

Posted August 17, 2009
My three-and-half-year-old daughter has attended SACDS for one regular school year and the recently concluded summer Spanish program. I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the head of school, the teachers, the support staff, and the program within which their students thrive. My daughter is happy and growing in every way at this school; I look forward to my young son experiencing the same joyful, strong development in the coming years. I consider SACDS our Montessori haven; it's the kind of environment every child should know.

The San Antonio Country Day School 3

Posted July 18, 2009
The teachers at this school are very good. Unfortunatly for them the Head of School is very difficult.

The San Antonio Country Day School 1

Posted August 08, 2008

Posted July 22, 2008
This school is amazing! Bravo to the teachers, and staff! My son recently has been attending the summer Montessori program, and he loves it. This is his first experience being away from home and from day one he loves his new school. His teacher Mrs. Joyce is such a nurturing and welcoming person and is preparing him in the Montessori method. The sad thing for us is that we did not find Country Day School first, and we have our son enrolled in another program for the new school year. I wish we could continue with such a great program, but I will recommend the entire school to anyone.

The San Antonio Country Day School 0

Posted July 22, 2008
This school os amazing! It gives there students the learning skills that they will use for the rest of there lives. The teachers are loving caring people and take time to work with the children!

Posted May 28, 2008
The school is awesome! The only complaints you'll find are either from parents who don't take time to keep up with the school bulletins, keep their children in so many activities that they are overwhelmed, or parents who just aren't willing to be involved in their child's development and went to private school because they wanted someone else to do it for them. I have yet to find another school with such caring teachers that are also able to teach kids to teach themselves.

The San Antonio Country Day School
4194 Jung Road, San Antonio, TX  78247
Last modified The San Antonio Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
The San Antonio Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top