San Antonio, TX
Before care: Yes

Cornerstone Christian Schools 1

Posted December 21, 2014
THE TRUTH. Cornerstone Christian School in San Antonio, Texas deserves every bit of unsatisfactory rating listed. We have decided to NOT refer this school to any of our colleagues and business partners. Our complaints and disappointments are directly from the decisions made from the top...this includes the Board and High School Principal. We understand that Cornerstone would like to be considered a great school with high standards, but we believe that there are other factors that need to be considered before they could be considered or labeled an exemplary school. But KICKING PEOPLE OUT without a clear cut reason or direction is horrible. Grace? Forgiveness? Stay focus Cornerstone! Beware of the signed CONTRACT to attend Cornerstone Christian School in San Antonio, Texas.

Posted October 09, 2014
Cornerstone Christian Schools is great! I have all 4 of my children here ranging from elementary to high school. My high school student transitioned from a large public high school and athletic program and absolutely loves it here at CCS. The students are challenged enough to prepare them for college which is important. All of our children are in a Christ centered environment which is priceless.

Posted October 09, 2014
Cornerstone Christian School is by far the best private institution in San Antonio! I love the academics, the extra-curricular activities, and most of all, the teachers. It is evident that each teacher truly cares and loves each student. Teachers share the love of the Lord, and work side by side with parents to help students build a strong Christian foundation. There are many private schools to choose from, but the reason Cornerstone is the choice for my family is because of the people who work there. You may be able to find fancier schools with more technology, or more "bling," but nothing beats the integrity of this school and the teachers who work there!

Posted June 19, 2014
I have seen such a dramatic change for the better we removed my daughter for bullying from an affluent public school and placed her at CCS school. She has so many friends she is excited to learn the word of God and she doing well in a changeling academic environment. I can tell you how many of these teachers in the 3rd grade who work tirelessly to help some very difficult students. We received free tutoring from her teacher, a passion to learn from our daughter and a wonderful administration. This school exceeded my expectations. God has truly blessed our experience and we will return to CCS.

Cornerstone Christian Schools 3

Posted May 28, 2014
Both of my daughter attended Cornerstone. My oldest went there from 3rd grade to 9th and then back for her senior year. My youngest daughter went there from kinder through third grade. MY oldest daughter, a social butterfly, enjoyed the school a lot. And I found that the academics were very good for her. My youngest daughter struggled, partly because of her adhd, but also in part to the other students bullying her. Out of all the teachers my youngest had only one was worth her weight in gold. The other teacher were not very supportive, they really did not want to deal with our daughter. The art teacher was just flat out mean, and one teacher was so old school she tried to get a left handed boy to write with his right hand. Overall I liked Cornerstone, but obviously it is not geared for any kind of special needs. I think many of the teachers are not very good and some should not be teaching at all. The administration is just like public school and will side with their own. And will show favoritism to the families that donate $$ tot he school. There is definitely a bullying issue there. I saw with my youngest, and I have seen other incidents with other children as well.

Cornerstone Christian Schools 2

Posted May 24, 2014
My children have been attending Cornerstone Christian Schools since the 2004-2005 school year and I agree that they have lost focus on the students as the school grows. I find that now the teachers have little ability to stray from a very strict learning plan, whether or not the children are actually learning the concepts. While the school teaches bible classes, they do not teach them to apply Christian values to their lives, because of this I do find bullying to be a problem at the school. My children have also had teachers who have shamed them in front of other students due to medical conditions. The administration has flippantly dismissed concerns that I have brought to them regarding these issues. They now care more about test scores and how they look on paper as opposed to true learning. I have seen these changes over several years and I have been trying to wait out these "growing pains" but find that my children are the ones that are suffering so they will not be going back to the school.

Posted January 28, 2014
Looks like the negative comments are coming from the disgruntled parents of the children that were kicked out. Notice how the parents that claim to have found a better school but never say WHAT school. The academics are excellent and we are very blessed and happy to be a part of the CCS community. You get what you pay for and we couldn't be happier with the great education our children are getting.

Cornerstone Christian Schools 1

Posted January 08, 2014
I am sad to say as this school grows, they have lost focus on the students. There are the preferred students and everyone else is just living in their world. They do have some nice choices for electives, however if your child is in any AP classes, chances are they will get stuck in some of the less desirable options. It seems that some of the children get away with everything- while others are written up for touching the lockers as they walk or for wearing the wrong socks. Not many of the new teachers seem to care about the growth of the students. My kids went here most of their lives and it has been hard to watch as the changes may have gained more students for the school but have lost it's original mission. Bullies are a problem as well as theft. Many of the kids have learned they can just lie to get out of trouble and are more likely to get in punished if you tell the truth. Glad to have found a much better school for my kids.

Posted November 06, 2013
My daughter is on-line at this school and it is fabulous. We will remain here in her complete education. The staff, resources, and academics are exceptional. The Word of God is exemplified in their school and ministry. I always recommend it to all interested in an on-line education. An anonymous parent

Posted October 12, 2013
I was a little concerned about transferring my son to Corner Stone Christian, I was afraid it would not challenge him and offer him what the honors programs in public school could. I was so wrong. He is so well rounded now. He did very well in college and has an awesome out look on life thanks to the biblical principles he learned in high school.

Cornerstone Christian Schools
4802 Vance Jackson Rd, San Antonio, TX  78230
Last modified Cornerstone Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cornerstone Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top