Public charter
San Antonio, TX

Bexar County Academy 1

Posted September 10, 2014
Bexar County Academy , I agree entirely with the last post on 07/16/14. My children have been there 2 weeks and I am pulling them out. I could not believe how hard it would be to set up a meeting with the principle. My child was sick and the office told her they lost my phone number. I have a kindergartner who watches "learning videos" throughout the day. I agree this school needs to be shut down , I feel bad for the parents that just go with this flow. Your children will pay in the end.

Bexar County Academy 1

Posted July 16, 2014
BCA is by far one of the most unorganized education institutes that i have ever been encountered and not to mention the unprofessional and lack of knowledge from the administrators to the teachers. The teacher(s) build 'buddy' relationships with the students and therefore the respect for teaching is never gained. in particular with my child, the teacher was not reporting the actual grades which caused my child to fail since the proper tutoring and special attention needed was not being recognized as needed. Do not enroll your child at this 'school', you will regret it. If your child is already enrolled look for another school or please pay close attention to their grades and ask plenty of questions. I guarantee you that more than once the administrators will stumble in getting you answers and for sure will avoid you. This place is not fit to be called a school!!! Keep an eye out for prep for the STAAR tests as they really do not take this serious as they should. The entire administration and faculty should be replaced or better yet hopefully TEA shuts them down to save the children. This is when 'No Child Left Behind' should kick in.

Posted April 18, 2012
The school isn't much for looks, not as nice as NSID schools. It has been a wonderful place for my son. He loves his pre-K teacher, Mrs. Hooti, she's an amazing teacher. He's learned allot, likes to come to school, learn, play with his classmates, sing and learn his letters.

Posted May 06, 2011
My daughter has been@ BCA since Pre K3 she is now going into 2nd grade. She has learned so much @ BCA, Mr Sims is a very nice and he is very wonderful with the kids. Ms Jan, Ms Mc Kerrow, Ms Janet, Mr Nelson are also great teachers and staff. They are very kind and carring to the children. Ms Mc Kerrow has taught my daughter so much. Mr Smith is one of the after school teachers and he helps my daughter with her math and he has gotten her to understand it better. i love the school and the staff is great... Thank you BCA...

Bexar County Academy 4

Posted March 29, 2011
I love these kids and the staff at this school. I taught here and witnessed the commitment by the staff and teachers. Resources are scarce but the children liked it here and the size of the school allowed students, staff and teachers alike to get to know each other, and watch the children grow through each grade. I believe the children will be better off for the experience, despite not achieving Exemplary status yet.

Posted May 05, 2010
I love this school my child has been attending BCA since Pre-k3...he will be going to 1st grade next year...the teachers are wonderful, the staff is amazing...its nice to hear 'good moring' when im dropping off my child and its nice that mostly all teachers and staff remember who u are and remember almost evert students name...my other child will be attending BCA next year....

Posted August 10, 2009
I love bexar county academy charter school it is awsome and the teachers are helpful and the kids are nice!

Bexar County Academy 2

Posted April 09, 2009

Bexar County Academy 4

Posted January 25, 2009
I have twin daughters that are in pre-k and they have learned so much even though I was not sure about separating them. They both have learned a lot like their planets and much more. I really like the staff and love their teachers they both have a unique way of teaching.

Bexar County Academy 0

Posted January 21, 2009
So far i have no complaint everythingis been terrific, Ms. Morin is super nice & easy to talk to, this is my daughter's second year in p-k & i have to say she did learn different stuff,as for elementary i haven't been digging around to make comments. We love bca

Bexar County Academy
1485 Hillcrest Dr Unit Ao1, San Antonio, TX  78228
Last modified Bexar County Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bexar County Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top