Posted January 07, 2013
I was a student there from 4th grade up until my senior year. When I was younger the school wasnt that good,the teachers came and went.we never had the money to do anything but that was the students fault. We had a school bus when I was in 5th grade but the older students vandalized it. We also used the place next to us as a high school along time ago but again older students messed that up. The school got better for awhile they hired good teachers and paid the right attention to students. In 2011 they got a new principal who had previous experience working only with younger students not high schoolers like myself, he paid the school into a dictatorship. He let go all of our favorite teachers because he didnt like them. He practically abolished what little sports program we did have. Students I knew we're leaving because of him. All he carried about was finding so he let students in that would have never been let in the past. They ran the school in the ground I DON'T recommend this school to a parent.

Radiance Academy Of Learning Westl 2

Posted March 21, 2012
I used to recommend this school to everyone I knew. However, over the last 2 or 3 years, there has been a large problem in staffing. As mentioned before, principals come and go with the wind. Recently, two of the best teachers that they had at the school were let go for mediocre reasons. The kindergarten teacher previously mentioned, gone and hands down was the backbone of that school. Sad to see that a school that had so much potential is being controlled by people without much common sense. Kids first, not yourselves people.

Radiance Academy Of Learning Westl 2

Posted January 11, 2011
I currently have kids in this school and I am looking to move my children to another school. When my children first started I like the teacher involvement with my children and how all teachers new all students by name and how even the high school kids took care of the younger children. I see now that in recent years all that has changed. The school has gone through 5 principals and lord knows how many vice-principals, teacher are always coming and going and the children are left with a substitute teacher for months at a time. The children are the onces left to suffer. My overall opinion of the school is if any parent is concidering enrolling their children in this school, PLEASE DO YOUR HOMEWORK before putting your children in this school.

Radiance Academy Of Learning Westl 4

Posted May 28, 2010
My daughter is getting ready to graduate Pr-k from Radiance West Lake campus. I will be completely honest, When the school year started I was nervous that we made the wrong decision, I asked anyone and everyone. After the year went on I was completely fine. The teachers are great and know everyone. Her teacher stayed in touch and I had her cell number along with e-mail. Even the kinder teacher was talking to me about next year. My daughter is in Pre-k, she can read,write,count add and some what subtract small numbers. The principal I did not have too much interaction with so I cannot make a full opinion. I do wish the school would take over more of the area around and I wish they could purchase the land behind them for activites like sports but for the education I am fine without.

Posted September 02, 2009
I agree with some postings below. The school itself is in terrible shape, but the administration really tries to accommodate every parent and child's need. I can't say anything bad about the teachers. They actually do care about the children and try their best to work with every one of them. Unfortunately, the funding they receive is so limited, classroom space is very small and due to that student/teacher ratio is ridiculous. The list can really go on; nevertheless, they try their best to work with what they have. Perhaps instead of complaining, parents should try to be more involved in the school, donate items or funds, help out the staff. As parents, think of it more as doing it for our children. Complaining may not fix the problem in many cases, but if parents and staff work together maybe we all can be part of the solution.

Posted August 08, 2009
Teacher do not know what is going on . Every one is lost . The school smells they never upgrade the school . No books the schools is a joke!!!!!!!

Posted July 18, 2009
This is not a school i recommend , I am a previous student of this school and have found that they not only lack in providing 'up to par' education they also lack in school authority over students and some staff. The teachers are basically given free reign over the student body to do or not do as they please. They have no disciplinary program put in place for distruptive students , no extra curriculur activities and the sanitation is barely being met! I myself have personally seen how the principals were and how they were always too 'busy' to deal with issues especially when the issue didnt specifically have to deal with them. Do not take your kid to this schoool unless your looking to put them in free day care where they can run loose.

Posted June 04, 2009
Iam a high school senoir here at Radiance . I would say ,yes there is no gym, library and we dont have a nurse. But what counts is that teachers do care..if u get hurt or have an accident the front desk will help.. It does hurt us that we dont have a gym but, the reason why is because we didnt raise enough money. But we still were abel to buy are uniforms for the athletics dept.To us what really matter was winning the football championship,and we did. thanks to all the coaches,that cared about us ,and cared about giveing are school a good name.. I had a great year..

Posted June 02, 2009
I've had it with this school year aftern nothing changes no yearbooks, no fundings, limited books, no music, art, band or gym (playing in the parking lot doesn't count). Even the staff continues to leave year after year. My child is excited to attend a school with books, an d activities.

Posted April 21, 2009
My child is in 3rd year in this school. I would not recommend it. Apparently, 'charter school' means they don't have as much funding as a public school and kids must make do with copies instead of books. Principal and teachers are hard to reach. When I asked about parent volunteering, they were not interested. No library, art, music, band, gym is in parking lot. My child makes good grades but states the work is very easy, so I wonder if he is really up to grade level with public school kids.

Radiance Academy Of Learning Westl
8308 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX  78229
Last modified Radiance Academy Of Learning Westl is a Charter school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Radiance Academy Of Learning Westl Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top