Reagan High School 4

Posted October 04, 2014
Not true about school having there teams picked out. My daughter is new to this school she comes from a private school. She tried out for the swim team and made it. She knew no one and know has plenty of good friends and loves the school. Her classes are even harder then private and is learning a lot. She really enjoys going to Reagan, especially being part of a team.

Reagan High School 2

Posted August 18, 2014
It's not a terrible school but clearly not a GREAT one. Especially for the average student that's also new to SAT. The distractions are huge and extremely overwhelming to a child that wants to fit in socially. My advice; know your child first before enrollment. Your child must be very independent and extremely secure within themselves to THRIVE at Reagan. We had to remove our child from NEISD to a school system that takes the time to understand and develop each child while also providing the right level of support and guidance parents expect every child to receive.

Posted August 13, 2014
I am currently a sophomore at Reagan and have gotten to know the school pretty well. Although I do love Reagan, it does have some flaws. This school is very competitive, many teachers do choose favorites, extra-curricular activities are expensive to the point many people who want to do them can not,etc. I also have experienced Pre-AP classes, although I have switched some to regular classes because the lack of attention from some teachers and the expectation of perfection among teachers(mostly English teachers). I understand that not everything can be perfect and that Reagan does have flaws, but I wouldn't choose any other school to attend. RATTLER FOREVER!!!!

Reagan High School 4

Posted January 03, 2014
Reagan is an awesome school. As a current junior there I have experienced very much of the school. The teachers work very diligently to teach and get the job done. Although, some departments are completely ridiculous. The computer science (pre AP/AP) program is hysterical. As a current student in the pre AP course I can honestly say that me and a very large portion of just my class, and all other classes have not learned one thing and are typically given answers by the teacher beforehand. A 5th grader would perhaps do just as good on one of our "coding" tests as I would, because it would be a matter of who is a better guesser. Also, another issue is the foreign language department. This is not Reagan's issue but simply the districts. I took 4 years of Spanish from middle to high school and if I were to visit a foreign country I'd feel more comfortable doing sign language then attempting to speak Spanish. The department is very unfunded, with teachers who barely speak English themselves and assume you already know Spanish! About the only thing you learn is vocabulary and how to form verbs into past, present, and future.. Not how to form sentences or actually carry on a conversation.

Posted October 01, 2013
Reagan High School is the best. There is a lot of parent involvement. The band is great. Colorguard is spectacular.

Posted March 28, 2013
Reagan is an excellent high school. It is a place where kids do not have to be the most popular to be successful, where the arts programs are very good, and the Advanced Placement courses are outstanding. Prior to moving to San Antonio, we lived in Fairfax County, Virginia, and the Cerritos / Cypress areas of Southern California. We have high academic expectations. Our son will take a total of 20 AP exams at Reagan. He not found these AP classes overcrowded, and he has always received the level of attention and support he has needed to be successful. The reasonable level of homework and the more balanced lifestyle here in South Texas means that he gets more sleep and has less stress than he would have in Virginia or California. Since the athletic programs are strong at Reagan, I was concerned that there might be negative stereotypes for academic kids. Not true. My son has a wide range of friends from the athletes to the artists. As I write this review,, our son has been admitted today to 2 top Ivy League colleges, and he is very well prepared to be academically and socially successful. I can think of no better place for him to have attended high school than Reagan.

Posted January 12, 2013
I moved to the area from Schertz so my daughter could attend Reagan when she decided she didn't want to stay in her private school. Great school and I think it's just as strong or stronger than private schools (academically). It is tough though. You need to be in AP courses with high A's if you want to have a chance to be in the top 10% of the class. I think it will prepare my daughter well for college, but she isn't going to be in the top 10%, which may keep her from attending the school of her choice. At any other high schools in the San Antonio area she would be in the top 10%.

Reagan High School 1

Posted December 16, 2012
This is a school for the masses. Academic competition is so high that my son feels bad for having a 92 average and poor class rank. Teachers clearly encourage the competition to the point where it is only a competition to see who can cheat the most efficiently, or who is willing to run themselves ragged, losing hope of a well rounded high school experience. The student body as well as faculty/staff are quick to judge/profile. Don't expect individualists to thrive here. Fine arts programs are not up to par with Texas standards, and have fallen from what the once supposedly were. School leadership was essentially non existent in my experience. If you are looking to give your child a useful high school education, instead of a forced competition unrealistic numbers, alongside almost no personal attention (due to massive student population), I would recommend looking elsewhere. The "AP" classes are so full, the teachers are unable to teach to critical thinkers. Reagan high school is a prime example of the need for reform in the American educational system. A strong football program and flat screen TV's in the cafeteria, on the other hand, seem to be the schools essential strengths.

Posted August 13, 2012
The Best H S in San Antonio!! Excellent staff & Challenging academic programs. That prepares students well for college. My son graduated in 2011 and is attending to UT Austin. And my daughter a senior this year.

Reagan High School 3

Posted May 10, 2012
When we moved to San Antonio in 2007, we were looking forward for the EXCEPTIONAL characteristics that Reagan H.S. has advertised nationwide, statistics are excellent every website searched on. Yes, it has full academic curriculums, all kinds of activities, athletics very important for those who are competitive by nature; everything you're looking for your child, they have it. Our experience is with Special Education; not quite exceptional as I expected. My child experienced a lot of bullying every single year he attended, academically my son didn't progress; he even forgot all multiplication facts due to lack of usage in the class, assistant teachers were too busy taking care of the regular students than the ones with special needs. Oh, don't expect regular students hanging out with yours if he has a disability. Labeling is quick! Other than that, they do have great football team, they have a huge PTA where the same parents are involved all the time, no room for others to take lead, competition is high in all areas.

Reagan High School
19000 Ronald Reagan, San Antonio, TX  78258
Last modified Reagan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Reagan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top