San Antonio, TX

Burke Elementary School 2

Posted August 14, 2013
The first year my kids went to the school it was okay. Principal Mrs. Lopez was great, the teaching was okay. There was no doubt in sending the kids back to Burke. The second year changed it all when they replaced the principal. She puts out a bossy vibe rather than a happy learning environment. The staff is not welcoming as you drop your child off, people do not smile, and in general they all seem unhappy. The way learning and encouragement is handled is outrageous. To keep attendance they offer ice cream, and make kids who are sick and have to miss the "example" Academically one of my kids actually declined while the other; one grade up learned plentiful. Average school that can be much better with encouragement on teachers from principal, and more involved parenting. Teachers do the best they can with what they have here.

Posted August 14, 2013
Ms. Knapp and Ms. Freeman are always there first thing in the morning. They greet everyone with a smile. My child loves this school especially his third grade teacher, Ms. Lopez. He had difficulties this past year with his behavior. I was always able to meet with administration and his teacher to resolve the issue. I love that they always have an open door policy and have never treated him differently.

Posted May 13, 2010

Posted November 06, 2009
We have the best students. Our staff is the great. We get complements from all visitors on how friendly our school is. Our school is an Exemplary school. And our principal is Wonderful.

Posted November 05, 2009
Burke is a totally awesome school!!! The administration, front office, teachers, custodians, cafeteria, and students are wonderful. They are friendly, respectful and hard learners. They work as a team!!!!

Posted November 05, 2009
Burke Elementary sets high expectations for all students. By everyone in the building setting high expectations the students work hard to reach their goals and succeed in school.

Posted November 05, 2009
Burke has the hardest working people you will ever find. Everyone here--from our administrators to our parents--give it there all to make Burke a model school. That's what makes this such a great place to be.

Posted November 04, 2009
I love Burke Elementary because it is a wonderful place to teach. We are all like family here and truly care about each other and the students. I have been a teacher for 20 years and have taught at different schools and I truly believe that there is no other like Burke.

Posted November 04, 2009
Burke Elementary is a family! I have taught there since we opened in 2000 and I love working there. Our kids are outstanding and a great joy to work with!

Posted November 04, 2009
Burke is the best place for the education of my child, he is doing a wonderful job in first grade. Plus, I have the honor of teaching at Burke as well. The community is awesome. Burke Bears rock!

Burke Elementary School
10111 Terra Oak, San Antonio, TX  78250
Last modified Burke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Burke Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top