Lewis Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2014
I expected more from this school. Kinder kids have nap time! there is so much to learn and yet they have to sleep during school hours! The last time my child took a nap he was a toddler. My 1st grader came home saying he watched T.V sometimes. My first grader seemed to be doing kinder work while my kinder kid seemed to be in day care! We came from a different state (military fam) from another public school, and the difference in curriculum is drastic. We actually moved to this neighborhood because of the great-schools ratings and was so disappointed on how their first year turned out when it came to their curriculum... On a positive note, the principal is nice and the school is clean. They got straight E's on their report cards, but sincerely, they are behind in some subjects and now i will have to work with them this summer. The kids do like the school and the number 1 reason why, "it's so easy!" as they would say.

Lewis Elementary School 4

Posted August 12, 2012
Wonderful School! My daughter had GREAT teachers. They really care about the students. Overall it is a great enviroment for a child to learn and grow!

Posted January 24, 2012
Just enrolled my 5 kids here! and so far so incredible!!! My kids are loving it and are excited to go in the morning!

Lewis Elementary School 1

Posted January 19, 2012
My child hated this school.....was glad to leave!!!!! Employees are able to cater to their own child when they are suppose to be teaching...

Posted October 04, 2011
I love love love this school! My son is in 1st grade, and he's been going here first for speech and than pre-k through 1st. The principle is fantastic and so are the staff. They are so personable! I love it! I'm going to miss when we move.

Posted March 09, 2011
I have absolutely loved Lewis! My son has loved his teachers. The Principal is on the ball and very caring. She is involved in all things Lewis. I was on the PTA and that's when I realized how much she cares about the students and how much effort is put into this school. Parents are extremely supportive and they have lot's of fun activities.

Lewis Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2010
Great school but why is it that employee are allowed to warm up their child food when others students have to have food from home cold? Why are employees allowed to talk to their child during the child s lunch when they should be in there classroom. I say several employees go and hug their own child during lunch duty.

Lewis Elementary School 3

Posted April 06, 2010

Posted January 13, 2010
Great school, and I'm no fan of public education. Teachers are involved and everything is modern, etc. Can't get much better for Elementary. I don't think I'd send my kid to public school on the High School level on San Antonio, but for Elementary, it's great.

Lewis Elementary School 0

Posted October 18, 2009
The teachers there are awesome and really care about the students. The staff is always looking for ways to enhance their learning opportunities with hands on, real world experiences!

Lewis Elementary School
1000 Seascape Drive, San Antonio, TX  78251
Last modified Lewis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top