Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

I have seen a huge improvement in my daughter's attitude, attendance. Her grades have aslo improvement.

My daughter spent a happy two years here, then administration changed and things went downhill fast. The elementary kids are now all crowded on a campus that was just meant for grades K-2. 4th and 5th graders using that tiny furniture is ridiculous. The teachers are actually fabulous and care very much, but the administration does not seem to back them up. My daughter had enough bullying issues with a particular student yet he was still in class to torment her another day. He should have been out the school. I withdrew her due to bullying and the principal didn't even have a word to say to me. You'd think she would have been apologizing for me feeling like I needed to pull my daughter who was a fabulous student and not a behavior problem, but she didn't say a word. The teachers were supportive. I hope the school turns things around because they do have great teachers there that could make it a great school if the administration worked out.

It breaks my heart that this school has deteriorated in such a short time. The passing of Dr. Deleon and the loss of her great administrators have left this school in disarray. I can't tell you the countless phone calls I have received from parents regarding where they can take their children. It is so sad to hear about the constant threat of expulsion that is delivered to so many students; simply because the new staff has no clue what to do with kids that need a little extra help. This is not a school, but has turned into a vulture's pit. They should remember the child always comes first!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They can not handle these delinquents. Students from before are ignored to deal with sooooo many problem children.

This is now an alternative school with juvenile delinquents. Even the elematry school has been affected. They were so desperate to grow fast they marketed and attracted a horrible incoming of delinquents. New students have created many safety issues. The old administration had a lot problems, they lacked structure and school was poorly run before. Now the front office at the high school and elematry school are run a million times better. But safety continues to be a problem this year. These problems never existed before. New students ruined the school not the new staff.

I was enrolling my child at the art school, with the belief that he was going to become educated in this unique environment. After speaking to many current and many past teachers, the new Superintendent is reverting back to the ole' school system.. Might as well look at the reputable charters now.... I thought my child would be going somewhere unique..... Sent via email - so sad.....

The new school management currently cutting all the programs that it is so well known for. It was a wonderful art integrated, technology driven school with the latest technology and the best teachers. Most of the teachers have left or been fired by the new management and I understand that most of the programs are being cut from the curriculum. It is reverting to your basic 3 r's school. I would not enroll my child here.

This school has teachers that genuinely care about their students and provides decent education in arts and music to high schoolers. That being said, the special education department is SEVERELY out of compliance and needs to be audited immediately. If you have a child with special needs and think they will benefit from the small classes and close-knit community, think again. You would do much better to send your child to a different school.

I am still waiting for this school to follow through on their promises. My child is gifted but spends most of his time just hanging out in class as he flies through his school work. He is also rarely given homework and recently told me that they don't have much homework because the copier is still broken. The office staff seems to be nice enough but there is very little, if any, communication with parents about their child's classroom activities as well as any school function they are planning. I didn't even find out about their big Fall Festival until two days before it was scheduled and only because my child told me directly. I really want this school to be all it can be and better itself. To this day I have never even seen the principal and don't even know if they have a program planned for a PTA type of parental involvement in the future or not. My son feels important here, he says, and he really loves it, but I am starting to wonder if that is because he gets to help teach other students. I am still waiting it out for a bit, but there is a Great Hearts school opening here next year so SASIAC better step it up. If they do I will certainly update this review.

These teachers and staff truly care about the students. All students are treated equally non more special than the other. My daughter is excited to go to school in the morning. She truly enjoys learning here. The Vice Principal and Principal have a hands on approach to teaching. I have 2 children at this school. And the entire teaching staff and front desk know me by name. My child is more then a number at this school. I was very impressed with the student and teacher involvement at their school activities. I was also impressed with the creativity expressed at there harvest festival. They care and it shows.

Last modified San Antonio School For Inquiry & C is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.