Posted October 03, 2014
In regards to your comment about Special Education..... Under the realm of Norma Hernandez, I question your authenticity about Special Education. She is superb in her job and has an authentic reason for being the Special Education Coordinator. SASIC is an exceptionally unique school that is willing to go far and beyond what most traditional schools will not. The coordination between Special Education and Administration is the most reliable effort I have ever seen. It may not be faultless, but it is authentic!!!

Posted June 03, 2014
This school has teachers that genuinely care about their students and provides decent education in arts and music to high schoolers. That being said, the special education department is SEVERELY out of compliance and needs to be audited immediately. If you have a child with special needs and think they will benefit from the small classes and close-knit community, think again. You would do much better to send your child to a different school.

Posted October 29, 2013
I am still waiting for this school to follow through on their promises. My child is gifted but spends most of his time just hanging out in class as he flies through his school work. He is also rarely given homework and recently told me that they don't have much homework because the copier is still broken. The office staff seems to be nice enough but there is very little, if any, communication with parents about their child's classroom activities as well as any school function they are planning. I didn't even find out about their big Fall Festival until two days before it was scheduled and only because my child told me directly. I really want this school to be all it can be and better itself. To this day I have never even seen the principal and don't even know if they have a program planned for a PTA type of parental involvement in the future or not. My son feels important here, he says, and he really loves it, but I am starting to wonder if that is because he gets to help teach other students. I am still waiting it out for a bit, but there is a Great Hearts school opening here next year so SASIAC better step it up. If they do I will certainly update this review.

Posted October 29, 2013
These teachers and staff truly care about the students. All students are treated equally non more special than the other. My daughter is excited to go to school in the morning. She truly enjoys learning here. The Vice Principal and Principal have a hands on approach to teaching. I have 2 children at this school. And the entire teaching staff and front desk know me by name. My child is more then a number at this school. I was very impressed with the student and teacher involvement at their school activities. I was also impressed with the creativity expressed at there harvest festival. They care and it shows.

Posted October 16, 2013
This school is the best. Strong teacher involvement. This school is strong with the reading, writing, and arithmetic. But most importantly the care deeply about their students.

Posted February 21, 2013
Quit complaining and take your kids elsewhere then!!! My kids love the school and have been able to express themselves freely. (Regarding Dec 20 post)

Posted December 20, 2012
So much wasted potential. I have given this school a good long time but it has become apparent that they just cannot be taken seriously as a quality school. Their premise is great but it isn't put into practice. No PE, promises of new programs that never happen, and underpaid and stressed out faculty leading to horrible teacher turnover. It's great to have no uniforms, kids can have purple hair, but my teenaged child is begging to go somewhere where there is an academic challenge! Not good for gifted or special ed (we have both) as teaching is to the test and individual learning styles are ignored. An abundance of thuggy types that were kicked out of other schools. Good place to go for pregnant teens or those who have nowhere else to go, but if your child is especially bright they will be bored here and if they have any special education needs they will not receive adequate accommodations. You'll be dealing with the upheaval of a special ed kid getting a new teacher 2 or 3 times a year! Horrible communication too, never know what is going on at school until the kids say something directly. The good teachers move on to better pay and respect, only a few good ones remain.

Posted June 26, 2011
This school is amazing! I was having a hard time at my old school i was pregnant and every teacher at my school would judge me n said i wasnt going to graduate . Kids would look at me and talk about me so i decided to move to this school. Here i found the love and support from everyone especially teacher. They understood my situation and did everything posible for me to get my education on track. what ever question i had about my work they had the time to sit there with you and teach it to you untill you would understand. In about 3 months i went from a junior to a senior and was ready to graduate. I thank this school for giving me the opportunity to graduate and be able to give my son a better life. Thank you

Posted May 03, 2011
i GRADUATED FROM SASIC IN 2006 THE MEMORIES I CREATED THERE IN THE SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME I WAS THERE ARE PRICELESS. THE FACULTY THERE REALLY CARE ABOUT THE STUDENTS AND GET INVOLVED MORE THAN ANY SCHOOL I HAD ATTENDED. IT IS THE BEST SCHOOL BY FAR. THE ACADEMICS, THE TEACHERS, THE SURROUNDINGS, HARD TO IMAGINE THAT TEACHERS COULD CARE SO MUCH ABOUT A STUDENT'S EDUCATION. I NOT ONLY ATTENDED THIS SCHOOL I WORKED THERE FOR A YEAR AFTERWARDS, AND LET ME TELL YOU THE EXPERIENCE I GAINED WHILE EMPLOYED THERE WAS MORE THAN I COULD EVER HOPE FOR. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS SCHOOL TO ANYONE ANY DAY.

Posted April 04, 2011
SASIC has blossomed over the years. I recommend that you always try SASIC first. If it doesn't fit you, you'll know it pretty quickly. No uniforms - if this is important to your child, SASIC is the answer. Individuality and expression are subtly encouraged in all classes. Behavior problems are quickly expelled so if you have problems with fights, don't even put yourself through it. Awesome special needs department guys will personally tutor your child. (not wheelchair friendly, but GREAT with LD and ADHD kids)

San Antonio School For Inquiry & C
4616 San Pedro Avenue, San Antonio, TX  78212
Last modified San Antonio School For Inquiry & C is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Antonio School For Inquiry & C Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top