Bad
Good

This is one of the worst schools I have EVER experienced. There is absolutely no discipline, students are running the school and teachers are trying their best. The administration will go over the teachers on discipline and will allow students to do what ever they please. Please, please do not send your child here. The school really needs to be shut down and is in multiple violations of education law.

I went to this school for 3 1/2 years. I transferred my last year to go to a different school becasue Heath is horrible. some teachers are amazing like any School, only few care about your success. I was bullied the whole time I went to Heath. The administrators never helped stop the bullying. My parents came and tried to talk to them about it, and they made promises to help stop it. It never stopped. I was harassed by the assistant principals at least once a week. I ended up trying to get my work and just do it at home. I was tired of being mistreated. My parents agreed to this. I ended up getting truency because I missed to many days so I was forced to go back. I was harassed even more by the attendance office. This school has a great success rate and good Academics. The way the school is run is horrible. The only person that was ever nice to me was the principal. if you want your child to be stressed out and depressed then definitely send them to the school. Where nothing is done by the administrators. I know this review May seem harsh. But this was just my experience. I can't speak for other students I'm sure some people love the school. but it is a fact that nothing is done about bullying. This is the main problem at the school and I wish it would be addressed better.

Any "teacher" at NFCS who "cannot imagine working at any other school" or cites "administrative support" and "constructive feedback" is either privileged enough to be favored by administrators at this school (and this is often a fleeting status, as the pendulum often swings due to those in charge making professional decisions based on emotional reactions), or I have to seriously question the legitimacy of these statements. While there are some passionate and dedicated teachers and staff working here, unfortunately, they lack the necessary support and resources, which should be provided to them by knowledgeable supervisors. Unfortunately, the motto here, which is echoed quite frequently by administration, is that the staff here "wears many hats," setting their employees up for failure due to their thinly stretched capacities and lack of acquired resources and support for these arduous "hats," or rather expectation, which the staff face. While campus administration often stresses a student-centered philosophy, they fail to realize that key to their role as an efficient manager of staff, employees must feel supported and reinforced/acknowledged for their efforts as well.

I teach at New Frontiers and cannot imagine working at any other school. At NFCS we are a family that is dedicated to seeing every child on the campus reach his or her full potential. My colleagues and administrators support me daily by sharing resources and ideas, and helping me grow as a professional. The learning community within which I work helps me grow and improve as a teacher, and ultimately helps me help my children. The leadership on our campus is in our classrooms frequently, guiding and coaching the teachers, and often interacting with the kids. It is the teamwork you find at NFCS that makes the difference!

The teachers and staff at New Frontiers pride themselves on providing an individualized education for students from the community. Since 1998, New Frontiers embraces families from the surrounding area, and supports student development in a variety of capacities. Parents and community members are an integral part of the team and are encouraged to be involved in the education of the children.

San Antonio needs more schools like New Frontiers! I enrolled my child and then we moved. I had to take my student out of the school because they do not have buses at the school. After going to my sons new school I brought him back to New Frontiers eventhough it is far away. The teachers and principals and secretaries love my child and know that education is important.

I have worked at New Frontiers for many years. I love this place and consider it my home away from home. The students, parents and staff are a community that cares for one another, and it shows. Our students have an abundance of opportunities to grow both academically and as leaders. These opportunities include Athletics, Choir, Drama, Student Council, NJHS, Mariachi and the list goes on and on. We pride ourselves in teaching our youth the importance of giving back and engag them in those types of opportunities. The administration is amongst the best there is, for they provide their staff with unparralled support and constructive feedback to be the very best that we can be for our most precious commodity-our students of NFCS.

Run as fast as you can away from this place. The administration and staff are extremely unprofessional, many programs are never followed through with. Some of the administrators do some very ethically questionable things and you are evaluated subjectively. Evaluations do not happen until the last few weeks of school and sometimes not at all. I remember once last year admin coming in to my class for 10 minutes and they based my entire year evaluation off those ten minutes. Admin plays favorites and if you are lucky enough to be in their lunch group then you'll get the choice teaching assignments and comfort of knowing you will not be bullied by them. They only hire young teachers because older, more experienced teachers scare them, because more experienced teachers know that how they run things is so far from ethical and efficient it is scary. The turnover rate is astounding but yet no one in central office stops and asks why is everyone leaving? central office, is a joke and i could go on and on about how ineffective their senior leadership is.

This is my daughter's second year at New Frontiers and all I can say that this school has far exceeded my expectations. My child has shown such progress. The teachers are involved in every aspect of the child's scholarly journey, also they teach the kids that a road of education does not end just at high school but to lift their expectations and get them on the road to college. The school itself is small and everyone knows everyone. At times it does not even feel like a school, it feels more like a family community. I cannot recommend this school enough!!

This school truly cares about the students. They go above and beyond to make parents and kids feel welcome. The new administration has done a great job improving the school. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a school who looks at their students as more than a number.

Last modified New Frontiers Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.