Public charter
San Antonio, TX

Academy Of Careers And Technologie 0

Posted December 02, 2013
I am a relative of a student who attends this school. The day before the students were released for the Thanksgiving holidays, my niece's cell phone was taken by another student and passed on to other students throughout the day. While this incident occurred, a security guard witness everything, failing to take the proper action to stop this incident or reporting it to the principal. This similar incident occurred last year and the outcome was the same. I am very disgusted by the lack of leadership at this school. The students were given the opportunity to return the cellular phone without charges being pressed, however; nobody returned the cellular phone and the school failed to take any further action. When will students and faculty be held responsible for incidents occurring during school hours? What is the responsibility of security guards & why are they getting paid if they are not going to enforce any rules? I am the owner of the phone which was stolen by the students and unfortunately I had to pay for a new cellular phone which my niece must have incase of an emergency. Apparently this school cannot protect the students against these type of incidents or emergencies.

Academy Of Careers And Technologie 2

Posted November 04, 2013
I go to this school and I'm very pleased with the classes. I actually get to concentrate ,but i'm very concerned when the security. They are strict on dress code and try to apply the school rules. I dislike the sports. The volleyball players are forced to play outdoors in a field with a poor ,low net with high grass that have stickers! It would be nice if they put more funding towards the sports by having our own gym to practice. After all, this school is a very good school in education ,but its just developing. I hope to see the school grow and progress more.

Academy Of Careers And Technologie 2

Posted January 18, 2012
The administration of this school is only after the grant money that get for the school from the State of Texas. They fired their best Math and Technology teacher (who wrote the syllabus' for the Technology classes and is therefore the only one allowed to teach with those syllabus') in order to hire two teacher that they can pay less because one is not a certified teacher and the other one has only been certified for six months and has minimal teaching experience. They also "tricked " the students into taking a sewing class and now are demanding the students pay a $30 fee for thread and supplies. Crooks!

Academy Of Careers And Technologie 4

Posted May 06, 2011
I am go to this school. I love the teachers and the staff . I think it would be better if we got rid of the bad students. But other then that it is a really good school. I love this school. I am a straight A student with a high gpa. The only reason i have school good grades is because of my teachers. If you ask one of the teachers for help they will give you the help you need. If you need some tutoring the teachers will give you some tutoring. I feel like i can really talk to some of the teachers here. If you have a personal issue and you ask for their help they will try and help you.

Academy Of Careers And Technologie 4

Posted June 07, 2010
I am very pleased with ACT - my son was "lost" at a bigger High School. I was worried that he would not graduate. I transferred him to ACT by his request in his junior yr. I was a little worried but hopeful. He had some excellent teachers - most particularly, his philosophy teacher. The smallness of the classes and the individual attention really helped my son with his intellectual confidence and self-esteem. He graduated on May 29, 2010 and I have never seen him so happy. He plans to go to Northwest Vista and UTSA to pursue a degree in Education. For my son, this school was excellent.

Academy Of Careers And Technologie 0

Posted November 23, 2009
Poor discipline, poor students, no IT support

Academy Of Careers And Technologie 5

Posted January 26, 2008

Academy Of Careers And Technologie
P O Box 681866, San Antonio, TX  78268
Last modified Academy Of Careers And Technologie is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Academy Of Careers And Technologie Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top