Public charter
San Antonio, TX

Lighthouse Charter School 4

Posted June 26, 2014
My step daughter has been going here since ..the 3rd grade ..never had a problem ..good school ..very understanding staff and teachers and one on one with the students ..I recommend this school ..and free after school day care is so great since her dad and I worl full time ..

Lighthouse Charter School 2

Posted August 27, 2013
The Pre-K system is great except there are 33 students. Pre-K attends school all day, with free after school care if needed. Although the charter school is free, it would be convenient if transportation was provided. The test scores for this school is not up to par. If you want a colleged prepped kid, I would recommend transferring to another school like Harmony Science Academy from K-12.

Lighthouse Charter School 5

Posted December 19, 2012
I am a parent of 2 little girls that go to that school. My husband was military and they have been to several schools. The last school my oldest daughter cried everyday because the kids where teasing her, she's a small girl. But when we moved them to Lighthouse after relocating back to San Antonio she is excited everyday. The teachers are super sweet and very understanding. My kids are excited to learn and I have a few friends that kids go to regular public schools that are transferring there kids over because of he one on one attention and the zero tolerance policies that they ACTUALLY ENFORCE!! There are 14 kids in each of my girls classes so it makes for a smaller family style learning where kids get the one on one attention they need and deserve. And the teachers generally care for there students. My oldest daughters teacher even comes to my daughters karate tournaments to support her! I have never had that type of loyalty and caring from any other school they have went to! Strongly Recommend!

Lighthouse Charter School 3

Posted January 01, 2012
I would have to agree with the comment on Sept 2nd regarding second grade. Both of these two teachers are in their first year of teaching this year. However, I must praise the pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade teachers. I have also been impressed with the 4th grade teacher team. I cannot honestly report on the third or 5th through 8th grade teachers though. The school doesn't have a GT program and for this reason, I would transfer my students out once they complete the 1st grade.

Posted September 02, 2011
My kids are new to this school and I already don't like it that much. My second greader hasn't done any thing so far the teacher's don't really want to talk to the parent's. To me it feels like I'm just dropping them off at daycare and picking them up at the end of the day. Thinking about home schooling next year.

Lighthouse Charter School 2

Posted July 25, 2011
I used to attend this school an I had not a great experience there. Most of the teachers would point accusations at students or rare times make fun of them. An some teachers acted like students instead of teachers I was there for my 7th an 8th grade year I felt from my point of vewie that only two teachers who actualy cared for the students an for there grade they would do there best to help them if they needed the school has changed alot an I don't recommend it if you have honor students they wount keep there attention just give them more work they did that to my little brother and there special education program isn't that good as well the students don't learn at all with the program my own experianc in the program it's self

Posted November 12, 2009

Lighthouse Charter School 5

Posted September 16, 2009
This school is by far one of the best schools i could have ever chosen for my kids. It all starts with the wonderful young staff from the office to the classroom. The principal is on top of everything and they do have a 0 tolerance policy that is excellent. The three young ladies in the office are very helpful, inviting and might i add very beautiful to look at. Overall I would give this school an A +

Lighthouse Charter School 4

Posted August 10, 2009
This is an excellent charter school. The curriculum is identical to Alamo Heights ISD and quite honestly a better learning environment. I am stationed at Lackland AFB and have sent my child to various schools overseas and stateside. This school is by far the best my child has ever attended. Everyone is doing a terrific job in educating my child. So, thank you!

Posted June 09, 2009
I would not recommend this school to anyone wanting a fair, unbiased staff to leave your children with for 7 hours a day.

Lighthouse Charter School
2718 Frontier Drive, San Antonio, TX  78227
Last modified Lighthouse Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lighthouse Charter School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top