Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Is a great school and have attended this school for so long including good discipline and challenges for all the students

Amount of homework: Disagree

Our children do get homework, but I feel like they could handle a little bit more of a challenge.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has open dialogue and communication with the students and enforces accountability for inappropriate actions.

I have two daughters who have been going to Lighthouse for the last two years. We love this school! The teaching staff is great. The small class sizes make individualized attention possible; no student left behind. The entire staff is helpful and it feels more like a loving family atmosphere where all the teachers know all the students and their siblings and their parents by name. Policies for no bullying or inappropriate behavior which are actually enforced, unlike what we've experienced at other schools where it is VERY difficult to get the staff to take action when something is wrong. Overall just a loving and safe environment with a dedicated staff that is passionate about giving kids a great education. The only reason I didn't mark it 5 stars is because it is lacking a music or sports program which our children would love to have, but you can't have it all. And as parents, my Husband and I agreed that we could live without those two things because we are very pleased with the academics.

My step daughter has been going here since ..the 3rd grade ..never had a problem ..good school ..very understanding staff and teachers and one on one with the students ..I recommend this school ..and free after school day care is so great since her dad and I worl full time ..

The Pre-K system is great except there are 33 students. Pre-K attends school all day, with free after school care if needed. Although the charter school is free, it would be convenient if transportation was provided. The test scores for this school is not up to par. If you want a colleged prepped kid, I would recommend transferring to another school like Harmony Science Academy from K-12.

I am a parent of 2 little girls that go to that school. My husband was military and they have been to several schools. The last school my oldest daughter cried everyday because the kids where teasing her, she's a small girl. But when we moved them to Lighthouse after relocating back to San Antonio she is excited everyday. The teachers are super sweet and very understanding. My kids are excited to learn and I have a few friends that kids go to regular public schools that are transferring there kids over because of he one on one attention and the zero tolerance policies that they ACTUALLY ENFORCE!! There are 14 kids in each of my girls classes so it makes for a smaller family style learning where kids get the one on one attention they need and deserve. And the teachers generally care for there students. My oldest daughters teacher even comes to my daughters karate tournaments to support her! I have never had that type of loyalty and caring from any other school they have went to! Strongly Recommend!

I would have to agree with the comment on Sept 2nd regarding second grade. Both of these two teachers are in their first year of teaching this year. However, I must praise the pre-k, kindergarten, and first grade teachers. I have also been impressed with the 4th grade teacher team. I cannot honestly report on the third or 5th through 8th grade teachers though. The school doesn't have a GT program and for this reason, I would transfer my students out once they complete the 1st grade.

My kids are new to this school and I already don't like it that much. My second greader hasn't done any thing so far the teacher's don't really want to talk to the parent's. To me it feels like I'm just dropping them off at daycare and picking them up at the end of the day. Thinking about home schooling next year.

I used to attend this school an I had not a great experience there. Most of the teachers would point accusations at students or rare times make fun of them. An some teachers acted like students instead of teachers I was there for my 7th an 8th grade year I felt from my point of vewie that only two teachers who actualy cared for the students an for there grade they would do there best to help them if they needed the school has changed alot an I don't recommend it if you have honor students they wount keep there attention just give them more work they did that to my little brother and there special education program isn't that good as well the students don't learn at all with the program my own experianc in the program it's self

Last modified Lighthouse Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.