Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Blattman Elementary School 2

Posted November 19, 2015
Not a happy experience for my daughter's and I. Extremely disappointed that counselors and educators were unable to pinpoint why two normally exuberant, intelligent girls would resist going to school sometimes, occasionally downright refusals. It all starts with home and we were experiencing alot of major life transitions, but when parents who actually care about their kids try hard to come up with solutions, a school like Blattman, or any school for that matter, should be going above and beyond with helping the individual child, especially if they are straight A, gifted and takented, well mannered kids. Why make life harder for the children by putting them in another school in the middle of the year? This entire experience has been a complete nightmare. Would recommend to othes to avoid this school if your kids need one on one, individualized attention that is tailored to that child.

Posted January 12, 2015
My girls transferred here from McDermott. While they loved their old school, the quality of education at Blattman is much higher and they are better challenged. Blattman is an amazing school! The teachers, counselors, and office staff seem much more focused, warm, and caring than at their previous school.

Posted August 28, 2014
This is our third year at Blattman and my children love every minute of it. We were at a private school before coming here, and our experience at Blattman has far surpassed our private school experience. All of the teachers are highly credentialed and true professionals who expect to be accountable and truly care about the individual child. The values and spirit promoted by the school are uplifting and positive. The classes are small by comparison to the private school (my daughter has 17 kids in her class) and it has a small school feeling. The children receive individual and small group instruction in the classroom during class time, at their level, and are regularly assessed for individual progress. Children are encouraged and taught to take on responsibilities that help them grow and mature as good citizens. Every aspect of the day is well organized and the teachers are very helpful and accessible; my children fall in love with their teachers every year. This school is a gem! So, so happy to be back!

Posted April 09, 2014
Great School!!!! Awesome teachers and staff !!! Love how the principal helps students make sure they are in the right bus!!! Mrs. Dowlearn is a great teacher! This year my Dtr has Mr.larriu he his caring and a great teacher !! Always responding back my emails!!!

Posted April 02, 2014
I love Blattman . They have the best front office and the teachers are awesome!! I have a 2nd and 5th grader at Blattman . Everything about Blattman is great!!!

Blattman Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2014
Blattman should have summer school at Blattman this summer cause it's a lot closer to where I live so summer school should be at Blattman this summer.

Blattman Elementary School 3

Posted February 16, 2012
The administration needs to protect the students more and watch over them better. The children's safety is at risk at this school.

Posted September 14, 2011
My son went to Blattman for Kinder and 1st grade. I couldn't have been happier. Fantastic teachers, friendly front office and cafeteria staff, and outstanding administrators. Excellent programs, projects, etc, bring parents and teachers together. Very good school. Sadly we moved and I miss Blattman terribly!

Posted August 23, 2011
I agree with the other posts indicating that Blattman is a great school. The administrators are great; especially Principal Aderman and Vice Principal Gavegan. If an incident arises with your child, teachers and administrators come together in order to find the best solution for your child. As for the other posts regarding this school catering the wealthy, that should not be a determining factor for rating a school. The area is great and has not altered due to apartment complexes that have sprung up. In my experience, the school received its rating due to the great parent involvement and parent/teacher communication. When this involvement is present, it does not matter how wealthy the school s zone is and I m ashamed that was even brought up in a post.

Posted March 23, 2011
Blattman is a terrific school! My son started attending Blattman at age 3 in the PPCD program and has been a Black Bear for 7 years now. He is no longer in Spec Ed but I contribute his wonderful success to Daria Tobasko, who was his speech therapist until earlier this year. She is amazing as are ALL the teachers, administrators and staff that work there. In response to a previous comment about this being a school for the rich, it is true that, initially, the neighborhoods that feed into this school only represented mid to high-income families, but there are now 5 apartment complexes that also feed into the school. Regardless, the administrators and teachers have high expectations of all students and educate, support and value all of their students equally. I cannot express my gratitude to the teachers & Spec Ed staff for helping my son excel in school. We moved just outside of the school boundary for one year, resulting in my son having to attend another school. Even though that school was also good, my son insisted on returning to Blattman because he missed it so much. He said "It's in my blood" because he loves it so much!! He loves it and so do I.

Blattman Elementary School
3300 North Loop 1604 West, San Antonio, TX  78231
Last modified Blattman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blattman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top