San Antonio, TX

Posted March 04, 2014
I am very pleased with this school and the staff. My oldest is in the GT program and enjoys this school so much! The new VP is very friendly and approachable. There are always staff willing to help out if you have any questions.

Posted October 09, 2013
Ward was home for my kids for a whole 2 years and they were absolutley the best 2 years we could have asked for. My older son has an issue with talking and the teachers he had were very good about woirking with him and getting it under control, my little one is shy and he soon broke out of his shell and the staff, especially the front office, is AMAZING!! I couldn't have asked for a better school. Go and try it before making comments, I seriously LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!

Posted September 26, 2013
Ward is a wonderful school where children will learn, make friends, and never forget the amazing teachers that touched their lives. I will truly miss this school when my youngest leaves elementary school life. Once a Wrangler, always a Wrangler ;0) Go Wranglers!!! Signed, A Wrangler Parent

Posted July 25, 2013
Great place for a kid to learn! The principal is awesome and the teachers follow her lead. Has a "family" feeling about it ; 0)

Ward Elementary School 1

Posted April 05, 2013
I totally dislike that they have A LOT of half days where the teachers just put non educational movies for the kids. The teachers are never aware of other kids being mean to other kids and when student tell the teachers about the problem the teachers just tells them "WORK IT OUT" a friend of mine told me that her daughter started to come home with bruises from school. Apparently it was other kids pushing her in the playground. Her daughter told the teacher and the teacher DID NOTHING! As you can tell I am talking not just for my experience to the school but for a lot of my neighbors who kids attend this LAME school. If I would have to say something positive of the school is that teachers are nice to parents. Scholastic talking THIS SCHOOL DESERVE A -2

Ward Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2012
My son has been going to Ward since 2009 and the staff members are wonderful. My son went from ppcd to 1st grade reading and writing wonderfully, I thank the special education department for guiding him and providing such a wonderful learning experience for him. We are moving to another state and I hope we are as fortunate to have a teachers and staff as good as they have been.

Ward Elementary School 2

Posted September 01, 2011
I agree tottaly with "I have 2 kids," Posted October 12, 2010. It does seem that this school is run by what ever is to their convenience regardless of what is best for a child, and they stick together even when confronted with the facts and truth. This school seriously needs an overhaul in management especially the VP and special ED department !

Ward Elementary School 3

Posted April 20, 2011
opinions are just that so for those who want to post the negative about their child's teacher or adminstration usually are the ones who could not bully their way past a policy or have their child's behavior excused yet one more time. As for the academic abilities I find that most individuals (parents) depend upon only the school to teach their child and never even look at homework, attend a conference, or simply do their childs homework(the handwriting and grammar gave it away). Oh and the next time you want to opinionate about after school clubs go ahead and volunteer your time to work an additional hour and half at your job with no additional compensation(yes pay does matter to you too) to supervise, plan, conduct, and then babysit because your student's parent forgot time or stuck in traffic yet again. Just an opinion about the parents who feel it their duty to rate a school.

Posted February 27, 2011
How can this school have a rating of 5 out of 10 and still be a Texas Recognized School?

Ward Elementary School 4

Posted January 20, 2009

Ward Elementary School
8400 Cavern Hill, San Antonio, TX  78254
Last modified Ward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ward Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top