Bad
Good

The school has gotten a lot better. This year, they were recognized as having the highest attendance rate in the entire district. Academic scores have improved as well and my kids love it there.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The new Principal incorporates philosophies from the book, 7 Habits of Happy Kids by Sean Covey and the kids have enjoyed it!

I'm not impressed. There is a huge amount of teacher and staff turn over from year to year. This leaves the students with a majority of teachers and admin support staff that have little to no teaching and/or educational experience. Communication is severely lacking. Students are being asked to complete an insane amount of homework every week. If our students are going to have so much homework, what are they doing in class? I am not against homework, but my student is doing homework 7 days a week and my child is not below grade level. If you are an English speaking family looking at the dual language program, I wouldn't bother. The support given to native English speakers to learn Spanish is no where near the support given to the native Spanish speakers to learn English. No need to take a stranger's word for it, check out the upper grade levels retention of native English speakers. The program begins with an equal number of native English speakers and native Spanish speakers. By fourth and fifth grade, only a few native English speakers remain.

I have been teaching for 11 years and this has been one of the best years of my career! This was my first year with Hays CISD, and my experience as a teacher and as a parent were positive. My class was an amazing group of students, and the parents were very helpful and understanding throughout the whole year. I also have two children that attend Blanco Vista with me we have all had a positive experience.

Not a good school if you're child has an iep. They are very judgmental. I am so unhappy with blanco vista that I have chosen to move. The staff will never apologize for any mistakes of their own. They are far far from a nurturing staff. For the life of me I don't know why their score is so high. When my son enrolled there from another school they changed everything on his iep. Which I know now they are not suppose to do that.

Being a stay at home mom, I visit the campus all the time, lunch time mainly. The lunch room is very loud and disorganized, plus no discipline when children eat other kids food, especially home packed lunches. The main problem is getting help for my child, student teachers plus the counselor are not well taught in seeing signs of learning disabilities. I see and am discouraged by the lack to no support in the school system for learning disabilities. If your child has even a mild case of some type of disability, skip Blanco Vista, you will just be talking to a wall of muted school board elects.

If your child is naturally smart this school is fine but if you kid is smart but needs more one on one teaching...this school is a bad move...had to move my niece out of this school district all together..

This is a great school! Our son has been in the dual language program for 2 years now and he loves it. He is learning a ton of Spanish. The teachers are great and the surrounding community is really nice.

This school is great! We previously had our daughter in a high dollar private school. We were concerned about putting her into a public school but BVES has removed any concerns. Our daughter loves the teachers and school very much and she is doing better than she was in private schools. Thanks to the staff and wonderful people at BVES.

This is a great school. My child is a student in the 3rd grade and we followed the principal, Mrs. Davis, from Tobias Elementary when she opened our this new campus. The teachers are dedicated to every student making progress, and the diversity in student populations is very appealing to me. They even have a dual language program that is the envy of others.

Last modified Blanco Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.