Bad
Good

Miller Middle School has excellent teachers who care about students and are well versed in their content area. There are all types of students from willing and exception learners to reluctant learners. You will find similar types of students everywhere. Teachers collaborate for the benefit of their students and to deepen content area literacy. We have a very supportive administrative staff and an excellent superintendent set up making San Marcos an ever improving and fantastic district. I believe students who attend Miller get a quality education.

I have had two daughters go to Miller and have been very pleased at the high academic levels in the core classes. The girls have had many out standing teachers and both girls have done very well at the middle school and high school UIL level against schools like West Lake and Alamo Heights. Several of their older friends have gone on to higher degrees at Ivy League schools.

As a teacher, I am entrusted with many students every year(27 to be exact). Miller Middle School teachers and administrators, in the past 4 years have worked very diligently to make every child feel welcome and safe. Everyday, I walk into my classroom with the hope and desire to reach at least one more student than the day before, not only academically but emotionally as well. The culture at Miller is one of acceptance of all children. We strive to work with every student no matter what personal baggage or disablity comes with them. I am proud of this culture. I have had so many students come back and say, "My best years were at Miller." Can't argue with that.

Miller remains a dedicated and caring educational institution that supports and nourishes the young people who come to learn. Miller teachers care about their students, and daily, provide patience, knowledge and love. The support staff offers a strong, safe, and clean environment. Guidance, student oriented, motivates the Administration. All in all, no place is all good, but Miller is darn close!

I have been a teacher at Miller for the past six years and I feel like the entire staff is very supportive of the students and do whatever they can to help them. The school also has an excellent partnership with Texas State with the MathWorks program. The program challenges students while being very hands on.

I have been a teacher in the SMCISD school district for six years. The last four have been at Miller Middle School. I am proud to work for my school!. I have a wonderful bunch of coworkers that truly and honestly care about our students. We work really hard to make the material relevant and interesting to our students. We talk with parents and we appreciate when parents contact us with any concerns they may have. I believe that we have a great camaraderie with the administration, fellow teachers, and our students.

I am proud to say that I have been a teacher at Miller Middle School for over 10 years. I stay because I have a supportive Administration, a great group of colleagues, and the best students in San Marcos. Our teachers work hard every day to ensure the students are being challenged in order to succeed in their lives. Our curriculums are rigorous and our students rise to the challenge. We teach our students to be great citizens and that perseverance is one of the keys to success.

All 3 of my daughters have gone to this school and I have taught here for 14 years. We have had 7 principals during that time and 6 superintendents. Despite all this change, the teachers and staff have always been very student oriented. They believe in building relationships with the kids and each other. Emphasis on testing has increased with time, as it has everywhere else in Texas, but nurturing students is still our priority.

Miller changed DRAMATICALLY for the worse during 2009-2010 with new principal and assistant principal in place. Emphasis is student control rather than student education. Teachers simply "teach to the taks", rather than seeing students individual strengths and weaknesses and educating them. If a student needs extra help, you can bet he or she will be in trouble by the end of the day, to prevent the teacher from actually having to help the child by TEACHING.

i lovee that school=) they helped me alot

Last modified Miller Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.