Posted September 19, 2014
The Academy has been an awesome experience for all 3 of my children. My oldest graduated in 2010. He was a fine arts student that never would have achieved so much in the public school system. He is now a Navy airman and a great source of pride for our family. My second and third child still attend the Academy. In addition to great academics, roles of leadership, they have also obtained a great resume for college athletics in their future. I credit a great teacher/parent communication, the student/teacher ratio, and the commitment of Christian faculty and staff to not only teach, but to mentor these young people by investing in their lives.

San Marcos Baptist Academy 1

Posted January 22, 2014
I went to high school here and all I can say is there is a HUGE bullying problem. I was bullied relentlessly, and I remember like yesterday when I went to the teacher she just laughed and called me the "nickname" all the spoiled rich kids had given me. She never stopped the bullying in class either. I hate this school it destroyed my self esteem.

Posted July 29, 2011
Transferring to San Marcos Academy was the best decision we ever made for our child. I only wish we would have known about the Academy sooner so that we would have had several more years here. The staff, teachers and coaches are kind and the most supportive you will find anywhere. The structure of the School is preparing our child for College, therefore, we feel the transition will be more smooth. The School does so much for the student body and the extras will amaze. The extra activities are fun and truly based on what the students want to do. We love having the foreign students on campus so everyone can learn about their culture.

Posted December 03, 2009
Our son has thrived in this environment. He participates and competes with youth from around the State in academic as well as social activities like dances, contests, fun days, Six Flags trips. Involved and lettered in Band and Marching band. 2 years in the Jazz Band. Lettered & plays baseball. Has been, or currently is a Student Ambassador, Student Senate, Senate President, Student Council Vice president. Participates in TAPPS Regional and State competitions: Leader in the schools Boy Scout Troop 1907: Weight lifting! Students come from all around the world. They are from China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Canada, Mexico, even Alaska! Talk about a cosmopolitan experience! This mix of people is you get on any major college campus. We are blessed and thankful at SMBA and encourage you to be a part of this: Challenged, encouraged, and loved while building a solid foundation for the future.

San Marcos Baptist Academy 1

Posted October 23, 2009

San Marcos Baptist Academy 0

Posted March 12, 2008
I went to the Academy for one year my Freshman year and I loved it. I did a lot better than I have done in any other school. I have several learning disabilities (ADHD, dyslexia) and was still able to make A's and B's, thanks to after school study hall's and tutorials that they hold for students who are struggling in their classes. I found this school to be a lot more FUN than any other schools I've been to. They have a lot of activities for students such as dances, contests, fun days, six flags trips, camping trips, etc. I was involved in the choir program and it is so well structured and the teachers are awesome! We got to go to TAPPS regional and state competitions and that was so exciting. I was a cheerleader and I played softball and basketball and the coaches are really great and encouraging.

San Marcos Baptist Academy 4

Posted October 29, 2007
I attended the academy all seven years, and it had it s ups and downs, The teachers are outstanding, incredibly attentive to students needs. The faculty and staff strive to see everyone succeed. With great advanced classes, I took every AP and college-credit course, and had my freshman year out of the way before graduating high school. The Academy prepared me for college, and I graduated Baylor University in three years. I found that many of my college courses were easier than the Academy s! The extra curricular opportunities are amazing. I participated in theater, music, art, athletics, and volunteer work, and even took a trip to Paris over spring break my senior year. I got the chance to meet many foreign students, my best friend was from Hong Kong. I feel the Academy offers so much for those who really want to receive it and helps to see those who don t succeed.

San Marcos Baptist Academy 4

Posted September 02, 2007

San Marcos Baptist Academy 3

Posted May 19, 2007
Academics OK But if transferring in from public school curriculum does not seem to follow. Students not closely followed by any one person. Structured environment but no individual care.

Posted October 29, 2005
- a former student

San Marcos Baptist Academy
2801 Ranch Road 12, San Marcos, TX  78666
Last modified San Marcos Baptist Academy is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
San Marcos Baptist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top