Santa Fe, TX
Students enrolled: 1,130

Posted February 03, 2014
I have a prek, 1st and 2nd grader...and We love RJ! All of the staff from principals to teacherd to counselors and speech therapist to aides..they are all exceedingly kind, pleasant and helpful. The homework load is light and managable, which leads me to believe they are accomplishing much during classtime.This school makes learning fun!! The Santa Fe ISD police help me to rest assured my children are safe. Same with the fenced in playgrounds, which are new looking and age appropriate. Carline is quick efficient and orderly. I can't say enough about how wonderful our experience has been here!

Posted June 10, 2013
all 6 of my kid attended this school this past yr after moving from another town and school district and i must say my kids made leaps and bounds while attending this school. i was pleased with the staff, teachers, and def the principals. def one the better schools i have seen and dealt with

Posted May 08, 2010
Love RJ! Such a great school. My daughter has learned so much from the wonderful teachers there.

Posted April 21, 2006
Two of my three daughters have so far attented RJ Wollam. I think it is a great school. The teachers are very helpful and have been great instructors for my children.

Roy J Wollam Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2004
My daughter attended this school last year. She is bright and loveable. Unfortunatley, this district places children in the G.T. classes that do not qualify. It is more important to be recognized in the social click than to advance academically. Parents bipass the teacher, principal, and chain of command to go straight to the top to demand results. The system needs to be revamped, & parents must look at their child objectively. This district needs to advance children based on academic achievement not social promotion. The teachers are great and work very hard. Parental pressure needs to take a back seat to allow the academic curriculum to work.

Roy J Wollam Elementary School 4

Posted April 26, 2004
My son is in Mrs. Robyn Burns kindergarten class and she is a blessing from God. I love her way of teaching. She truelly loves her 'friends'- that's what she calls her students. My daughter has had a great year also in Mrs. Ostermayer's class. The only thing that I feel needs improvement is that my daughter is in 1st grade and she is at least on a 5th grade reading level and there are no extra activities for her to excel even further. There is plenty extra help for the children that are behind which I think is great but what about the children who are above.

Posted April 14, 2004
My son is currently in kindergarten at Wollam, he loves it. His teacher, Michelle Frizzell is absolutely wonderful. She takes time with each child to make sure they understand the assignments and she is not afraid to put in the extra time if needed. I truly belive this has given him a great start for the rest of his education.

Posted March 19, 2004
My son attends this school and he is very happy. He is in Kindergarten this year and is doing good academically-thanks Michelle Frizzell. He also attended last year for his Pre-K which was most excellent great job-Amy Miller. I hope that they keep the funding coming for the Pre-K program there.

Posted August 26, 2003
My daughter attended Pre-K last year at RJ Wollam. She loved every minute of it! I couldn't of asked for a better teacher (Amy Miller). She was very responsive to each child's needs. Thanks for an awesome year! So, far kindergarten is going great. I'm sure this year will just as good as Pre-K.

Posted August 10, 2003
My dauther really enjoyed R J Wollam the teachers she had made learning fun,Me as a parent had a lot of fun helping out.

Roy J Wollam Elementary School
P O Box 370, Santa Fe, TX  77510
Last modified Roy J Wollam Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-2
Roy J Wollam Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top