Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 04, 2016
The teachers in the district and particularly at this school are more experienced and effective than many of the surrounding districts.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
My son's teacher is always teaching the students to be kind and considerate of others and think from outside their own shoes.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
Honesty, integrity, and fairness are things I have seen taught in the classroom and extracurricular activities every time I visit the school with my son. Practically the words straight from the motto and slogan they teach the students everyday.

Posted May 04, 2016
Sippel has amazing and friendly teachers that care about all of the students. Curriculum is very strong. We are very happy with this school.

Posted February 16, 2016
We are an Army family assigned to Ft. Sam- we chose to live in Cibolo, TX based on the reviews and ratings of the SCUC ISD and, more specifically, John A. Sippel Elementary. We absolutely love this school- it's always clean, the staff is so friendly, and the teachers truly work as a team and have our children's interests in mind! After one year we were rezoned for a new school that opened, but we decided to make an in-town move to stay with Sippel. We couldn't be happier about our decision. Both of our children love it and we are very pleased with the education and care that they receive. There are endless volunteer opportunities available for parents to get involved and having lunch with your child is happily accepted and encouraged. The 40 minute commute to Ft. Sam is well worth it for us to live in this great (and safe!) neighborhood and have our children attend Sippel Elementary!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 16, 2016
Not just our assigned teachers, but MANY of the teachers and staff at this school have gone above and beyond to suit the individual needs of our two children. And they do it with love and compassion!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Posted January 14, 2016
My kids went to this school for a few years and WE just loved it!!! The teachers were amazing and it was always so neat and clean!!! I highly recommend this school!!!!!

John A Sippel Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2015
I have never seen so many unprofessional people in my life. They do not put the child first. Your child's best friend will move away every year. It's more like a jail then a school. The administrator talks down to the children. If she monitors the lunch room she forces the kids to be quite. It's not a good school. They will pass the children even if they are struggling to have good scores. I could say so much more to what I have seen. Feel very sorry for these kids. Wish I could move.

Posted October 15, 2014
I was blown away by the negative reviews on here. The staff at the front desk has never been anything but kind and helpful to me. The few times I have had to communicate with the principal or counselors, I received a response within the hour and every issue was addressed. Both of my kids are at math and reading levels 3-4 beyond their grade level and I believe that is due to the dedication of the amazing teachers at this school. The communication between teachers and parents is VERY GOOD. Agendas are sent home daily which detail your child's behavior, assignments, tests, etc. and if there is any concern, you can e-mail the teacher and they always get back with you that same day. Parent/Teacher conferences are student led but that simply means the student gets to show off all their hard work and tell their parents all that they have learned. Standard things like grades, behavior, etc. are addressed and discussed by the teacher, not the student as some reviewer stated. As for the checkbook system, I think it is genius. This system teaches responsibility and math skills at the same time. I love a system that doesn't just highlight misbehaviors, but REWARDS the POSITIVE.

Posted March 21, 2014
We LOVE Sippel! The staff is super friendly. The front desk is always ready to answer questions. They've always been friendly and quick to help. The teachers we have encountered have been great. Are there a couple who aren't? Yes. But show me one school that doesn't have a teacher or two who needs a new career. You can't base the whole school on one teacher. My daughter's teacher is AMAZING! We could not have found a more perfect teacher. What I love is the way the faculty has fun with the kids. Just go listen to the morning announcements or ask them about teachers turning in attendance - the kids have a little routine they do to remind the teachers. It's hilarious! Academically, we are very pleased. Our daughter is being challenged, even in subject in which she excels. Again, a lot of this is due to her teacher. If your kid isn't being challenged, take it up with the teacher, don't blame the entire school. I would totally recommend Sippel. It's a happy environment. :)

420 Fairlawn Avenue, Schertz, TX  78108
Last modified John A Sippel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.