Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers in the district and particularly at this school are more experienced and effective than many of the surrounding districts.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Honesty, integrity, and fairness are things I have seen taught in the classroom and extracurricular activities every time I visit the school with my son. Practically the words straight from the motto and slogan they teach the students everyday.

Sippel has amazing and friendly teachers that care about all of the students. Curriculum is very strong. We are very happy with this school.

We are an Army family assigned to Ft. Sam- we chose to live in Cibolo, TX based on the reviews and ratings of the SCUC ISD and, more specifically, John A. Sippel Elementary. We absolutely love this school- it's always clean, the staff is so friendly, and the teachers truly work as a team and have our children's interests in mind! After one year we were rezoned for a new school that opened, but we decided to make an in-town move to stay with Sippel. We couldn't be happier about our decision. Both of our children love it and we are very pleased with the education and care that they receive. There are endless volunteer opportunities available for parents to get involved and having lunch with your child is happily accepted and encouraged. The 40 minute commute to Ft. Sam is well worth it for us to live in this great (and safe!) neighborhood and have our children attend Sippel Elementary!

My kids went to this school for a few years and WE just loved it!!! The teachers were amazing and it was always so neat and clean!!! I highly recommend this school!!!!!

I have never seen so many unprofessional people in my life. They do not put the child first. Your child's best friend will move away every year. It's more like a jail then a school. The administrator talks down to the children. If she monitors the lunch room she forces the kids to be quite. It's not a good school. They will pass the children even if they are struggling to have good scores. I could say so much more to what I have seen. Feel very sorry for these kids. Wish I could move.

I was blown away by the negative reviews on here. The staff at the front desk has never been anything but kind and helpful to me. The few times I have had to communicate with the principal or counselors, I received a response within the hour and every issue was addressed. Both of my kids are at math and reading levels 3-4 beyond their grade level and I believe that is due to the dedication of the amazing teachers at this school. The communication between teachers and parents is VERY GOOD. Agendas are sent home daily which detail your child's behavior, assignments, tests, etc. and if there is any concern, you can e-mail the teacher and they always get back with you that same day. Parent/Teacher conferences are student led but that simply means the student gets to show off all their hard work and tell their parents all that they have learned. Standard things like grades, behavior, etc. are addressed and discussed by the teacher, not the student as some reviewer stated. As for the checkbook system, I think it is genius. This system teaches responsibility and math skills at the same time. I love a system that doesn't just highlight misbehaviors, but REWARDS the POSITIVE.

We LOVE Sippel! The staff is super friendly. The front desk is always ready to answer questions. They've always been friendly and quick to help. The teachers we have encountered have been great. Are there a couple who aren't? Yes. But show me one school that doesn't have a teacher or two who needs a new career. You can't base the whole school on one teacher. My daughter's teacher is AMAZING! We could not have found a more perfect teacher. What I love is the way the faculty has fun with the kids. Just go listen to the morning announcements or ask them about teachers turning in attendance - the kids have a little routine they do to remind the teachers. It's hilarious! Academically, we are very pleased. Our daughter is being challenged, even in subject in which she excels. Again, a lot of this is due to her teacher. If your kid isn't being challenged, take it up with the teacher, don't blame the entire school. I would totally recommend Sippel. It's a happy environment. :)

The facility is lovely, and the location is great, but I have been less than impressed with the staff. For example, it is the general consensus amongst parents I know that the front desk staff are apathetic and inpatient. Many of the teachers that I have interacted with are the same. My children have had some great teachers there too though. Everything considered, it is an average school.

We are a military family and have moved our children many times. My daughter is a 3rd grader with Mrs. Walsh. She is WONDERFUL! This is my daughter's 3rd school in 4 years, and is by far the best school we have been in (of both DODDS and public school). We also use the checkbook method for behavior in class, and it has been a very rewarding experience. Not only can my 3rd grader balance a checkbook, but she is held accountable for her behavior. And when I sign it, I know EXACTLY how she is behaving in school. Love the agenda, which I sign daily. It's great for communication and accountability. My daughter is performing math at a 5th grade level and reading is at a 6th grade level. Mrs. Walsh continually challenges my daughter, and the kids just love her! We had a sub at the beginning of the year for a bit while Mrs. Walsh was out on maternity leave, and it did not seem to impact the teaching at all. The sub was a certified teacher, which in the past (at other schools) we have had subs with little to no experience covering for long periods, and they were not certified teachers. I am overall very impressed with this school! I'm sorry we have to leave for another move.

Last modified John A Sippel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.