Washington Tyrannus School Of The

Charter | 6-12 | 127 students

Living in Schertz

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $166,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $790.

Posted January 27, 2014

First of all, I should have done a lot more research. . there are a lot of questions regarding honesty in the leadership of the school. Since my child enrolled Aug 2013 until Dec 2013 they changed at least 5 members of the faculty, security and cancelled some very well advertised and enticing programs which drew us to the school. (technology program, for one) Also my child was the victim of theft at the school, and the Principal had his own way of dealing with it, by protecting the theives. We have had no closure to this incident, no resolution and no apology from the theives in question, and I withdrew my child from the school for safety and ethical reasons. When My child enrolled we were very pleased with the whole idea of attending a charter school for many reasons, however, When ethics, morals and safety are in question and very poor leadership , I would suggest that attending this school is not in any childs best interest.

Posted January 16, 2014

This was a horrible school.....NO COMMUNICATION.....They didn't even know what was going on. I enrolled my child because of false belief from what they were trying to sell me. They claim to have zero tolerance for bullying....my child would come home with stories I just could not believe was happening. The staff just tried to smooth things over by talking to the students. In fact, when my child was witness to an incident....they called her in for a meeting without my knowledge....EVER. I only found out through her days later. It seems more like a alternative school. The education is dreadfully lacking. If they lost a teacher....well....the kids would just have a free period and watch movies day after day. Most of the kids had zero respect for the teachers or staff. I feel the teachers REALLY try....but they have NO support or backing....so....they give up. Needless to say... I pulled my child out of that school. The idea of the school is great... I had high hopes.....The leadership failed. And....it started at the top

Posted July 9, 2013

I love this school, Washington Tyrannus has been of great value to me and my family. The administration and staff interact well with the students. Overall, my child has been happy and successful. Thanks for all you do.

Posted May 9, 2013

My daughter loves her teachers, and so do I. But the administration is terrible at letting anyone know what is going on with the school. There is no advance notice about anything. We find out a day, maybe two before she gets a day off, or pictures are being taken or an even at school. Many times we find out after the fact! It is a shame, because of this we have made the decision that we will not be returning next year.

Posted May 1, 2013

The school has a very dedicated and approachable principal. Overall, the staff is nice. I just wish that the school would be more selective in choosing new students. The principal makes sure that the students with extreme behavioral problems do not stay very long. I just wish that not everyone's time is spend on them while other students are willing to learn. The math curriculum is great. My daughter is studying one grade higher than her classmates. The teacher and I sat down after my daughter complained that she did not learn a lot. Even though the school has two brand new science labs I wish that the science curriculum would be better. The school needs a full-time science teacher. The school encourages parent involvement as well.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 7, 2013

HORRIBLE Its a drama starting school the school always says they wanna stop bullying I'm a seventh grade girl and they know who I am the teachers and staff and students are rude we have 2 math periods when one of those periods could be used for a writing class , we don't even have writing that's why my grammar is bad now ! I rate this school as a 3 out of 10.....

Posted January 15, 2013

Wow, I have never seen kids so disrespectful to an adult ever. Its just.....wow....Even at public school where you would expect this. It actually never happened in public school. It wasn't just some of the kids there...it was ALL of them. It was just really astonishing to see this type of behavior at a school that is supposed to be zero-tolerance.

Posted August 29, 2012

My daughter just started here, and so far we love it. Have had no problems with communications, our questions are always answered right away. We were a little concerned sending to a charter school, but so glad we did!

Posted August 17, 2012

the two good reviews must be from staff members. My children went to this school for 4 years. When they began public school they were so far behind we had to implement private tutors to get them caught up. The promised "school of the arts" in shertz has still not broken ground. This school, its teachers, its administration, and its instruction and a joke.........

Posted July 21, 2012

My niece goes to this school and our family loves it. She is loving school and doing very well in her studies. My sister has had zero problems with the school and finds everyone very helpful and responsive! We can't wait until my daughter is old enough to attend!

Posted April 8, 2012

My son goes to the Shekinah Radiance Academy in Live Oak and has had excellent teachers. They have totally changed everything. He started going there in April of 2011 and has had wonderful experiences and passed the TAKS last year with exemplary scores. If it wasn't for the Radiance academy he would have failed using what his other school had taught him. They have all new staff and principles so go check out the schools for your self. Things have changed!

Posted August 27, 2010

This school is "scheduled" to open up sometime in the next year. I believe it will be a joke, like all the other Shekinah/Radiance schools. There is no organization from the top of the administration on down. They stress the fact that they receive grant money (from us tax payers mind you) and yet they haven't a clue as how they will implement certain types of instruction, I quote . I hope TEA takes a closer look and the schools lose funding. They are crooks who should not be dealing with children!! They look out for their "buddies" & not the kids or teachers who hold the schools together. I'm willing to bet they payed money for false credentials and the titles of "DR." They certainly do not conduct themselves in a professional manner. They are Phantoms who come and go as they please. I am thoroughly disgusted with these schools.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

29 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

18 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

18 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

19 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

24 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

23 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

10 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

27 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

30 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

9 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

9 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

13 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

23 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

8 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students48%

Proficient in English63%
Non-migrant63%
Non-Gifted63%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "AEA: Academically Acceptable".
  • This school did not receive a rating in 2009-2010.
  • This school did not receive a rating in 2008-2009.

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

• ERIC DAVIS
Fax number
  • (210) 566-5912

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

12470 Woman Hollering Road