Public charter
Schertz, TX

Posted January 27, 2014
First of all, I should have done a lot more research. . there are a lot of questions regarding honesty in the leadership of the school. Since my child enrolled Aug 2013 until Dec 2013 they changed at least 5 members of the faculty, security and cancelled some very well advertised and enticing programs which drew us to the school. (technology program, for one) Also my child was the victim of theft at the school, and the Principal had his own way of dealing with it, by protecting the theives. We have had no closure to this incident, no resolution and no apology from the theives in question, and I withdrew my child from the school for safety and ethical reasons. When My child enrolled we were very pleased with the whole idea of attending a charter school for many reasons, however, When ethics, morals and safety are in question and very poor leadership , I would suggest that attending this school is not in any childs best interest.

Posted January 16, 2014
This was a horrible school.....NO COMMUNICATION.....They didn't even know what was going on. I enrolled my child because of false belief from what they were trying to sell me. They claim to have zero tolerance for bullying....my child would come home with stories I just could not believe was happening. The staff just tried to smooth things over by talking to the students. In fact, when my child was witness to an incident....they called her in for a meeting without my knowledge....EVER. I only found out through her days later. It seems more like a alternative school. The education is dreadfully lacking. If they lost a teacher....well....the kids would just have a free period and watch movies day after day. Most of the kids had zero respect for the teachers or staff. I feel the teachers REALLY try....but they have NO support or backing....so....they give up. Needless to say... I pulled my child out of that school. The idea of the school is great... I had high hopes.....The leadership failed. And....it started at the top

Washington Tyrannus School Of The 4

Posted July 09, 2013
I love this school, Washington Tyrannus has been of great value to me and my family. The administration and staff interact well with the students. Overall, my child has been happy and successful. Thanks for all you do.

Washington Tyrannus School Of The 2

Posted May 09, 2013
My daughter loves her teachers, and so do I. But the administration is terrible at letting anyone know what is going on with the school. There is no advance notice about anything. We find out a day, maybe two before she gets a day off, or pictures are being taken or an even at school. Many times we find out after the fact! It is a shame, because of this we have made the decision that we will not be returning next year.

Posted May 01, 2013
The school has a very dedicated and approachable principal. Overall, the staff is nice. I just wish that the school would be more selective in choosing new students. The principal makes sure that the students with extreme behavioral problems do not stay very long. I just wish that not everyone's time is spend on them while other students are willing to learn. The math curriculum is great. My daughter is studying one grade higher than her classmates. The teacher and I sat down after my daughter complained that she did not learn a lot. Even though the school has two brand new science labs I wish that the science curriculum would be better. The school needs a full-time science teacher. The school encourages parent involvement as well.

Posted April 07, 2013
HORRIBLE Its a drama starting school the school always says they wanna stop bullying I'm a seventh grade girl and they know who I am the teachers and staff and students are rude we have 2 math periods when one of those periods could be used for a writing class , we don't even have writing that's why my grammar is bad now ! I rate this school as a 3 out of 10.....

Posted January 15, 2013
Wow, I have never seen kids so disrespectful to an adult ever. Its just.....wow....Even at public school where you would expect this. It actually never happened in public school. It wasn't just some of the kids there...it was ALL of them. It was just really astonishing to see this type of behavior at a school that is supposed to be zero-tolerance.

Posted August 29, 2012
My daughter just started here, and so far we love it. Have had no problems with communications, our questions are always answered right away. We were a little concerned sending to a charter school, but so glad we did!

Posted August 17, 2012
the two good reviews must be from staff members. My children went to this school for 4 years. When they began public school they were so far behind we had to implement private tutors to get them caught up. The promised "school of the arts" in shertz has still not broken ground. This school, its teachers, its administration, and its instruction and a joke.........

Posted July 21, 2012
My niece goes to this school and our family loves it. She is loving school and doing very well in her studies. My sister has had zero problems with the school and finds everyone very helpful and responsive! We can't wait until my daughter is old enough to attend!

Washington Tyrannus School Of The
12470 Woman Hollering Road, Schertz, TX  78154
Last modified Washington Tyrannus School Of The is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Tyrannus School Of The Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top