Bad
Good

I recently moved from California to Texas. Immediately upon enrolling me son into Wilder Intermediate I felt welcomed. from the front desk clerk to the Secretary who took all the important information from me. The Nurse who assisted me in finding a local clinic to give my son a shot that is recommended for children in Texas but not California. Then the teachers, I have been in constant communication which two of his teachers, they have kept me informed of his progress. The teachers have made me feel confident that if my son starts declining in any area that they will notify me. I had a hard time in California getting the teachers to return my call of respond to my notes that I send through my son; but I am having no trouble here. Thank you Wilder

My family moved to the area a few months after the 5th grade year started. The teachers were so involved and helped my daughter so much with the catch up she had to do since our old school in another state was so much further behind academically. They were very pro-active and offered lots of encouragement and gave regular updates and met with us whenever we had concerns or questions about her integration into the new school. It was a wonderful experience and the teachers are the best.

My son has had a good experience here. The teachers and principals really seem to care that the kids (and parents) are happy. The gifted and talented program is excellent. The librarian has impressed me in the ways she encourages kids to get involved with reading (regular breakfasts for kids who collect "AR" points--parents are invited too).

The teachers are really good and my daughter has really done well there.

Last modified Laura Ingalls Wilder Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.