Posted September 21, 2011
We love Sheppard Elem!!! This is our daughters 2nd year there and we are so sad to be PCS'ing soon and having to leave behind such a wonderful school. Everyone that works there is amazing! We have been blessed to be a part of such a great school.

Sheppard Afb Elementary School 4

Posted June 25, 2009
All three of my kids went here. My youngest two currently attend. I have never had any problems with this school. I feel that the school, principal , teachers, and front desk staff are excellent. They communicate properly and they are all very helpful with the many needs of the child and the parent. Overall, sheppard is a excellent school. Each child gets the same exact attention no matter the situation. Great Job!!!

Posted August 05, 2008

Sheppard Afb Elementary School 0

Posted January 08, 2008
I would give the school 5 stars because the staff is really friendly and my son loves his school. he looks forward to going everyday.

Posted August 22, 2007

Sheppard Afb Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2007
My daughter attended this school for the first half of the school year. We pulled her out and put her in at John Tower because we felt like she was not receiving the kind of education she needed to meet Texas standards to pass kindergarten for the school year. Boy were we correct.John Tower tested her and she was far behind the rest of the class. Thanks to her new teacher and lots of homework she now knows 100 words by sight can count to 100 and is a lot more motivated at school. The teachers are nice at Sheppard but nice doesn't cut it when your child is falling behind due to a poor planning on the part of the teachers and school. John Tower also has more programs and parent evolvement than Sheppard.

Posted May 12, 2007
We love Sheppard Elementary! It's been a great school for my daughter to start her academic years. Her teachers have been excellent. Being an all military school, they really cater to the unique needs of military families. The extracurricular activities are limited though (but there are activities for kids on the base). There's no art classes other than what is provided in the classroom and the music program for the younger kids isn't that great. Also the gifted program needs to be expanded as well.

Posted January 31, 2007
- a staff
I have worked at this school for 3 years now and I have never had a more rewarding job. I love the staff, the students and the parents like they are my extended family. I wouldn't work anywhere else!

Sheppard Afb Elementary School 3

Posted January 17, 2007
The principal, Mrs. Myers is a wonderful woman. My son was there for half of 1st and half of 2nd grade. The teachers are okay. I think this school has potential with the new principal. I think she has a great direction for the school. In the meantime if you don't monitor your child's education, you may not get the attentiveness you expect. Great school for children who do well on their own, or whose parents are hands on! Although my child had straight A's the fact that he struggled with some concepts was over looked. I think it would do well for the school to be a little more concerned with progression, and not solely on testing skills, and accountability!!!

Sheppard Afb Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2006
This school does not care about the children that attend it and are just trying to get rid of any and all transfers. They don't take the time to involve the parents even upon the parent's request. I am highly disappointed in this school and would not recommend that any child be enrolled here. Being a military school it should be more family oriented and not just out for the easy road and the paychecks!

Sheppard Afb Elementary School
301 Anderson Drive, Sheppard AFB, TX  76311
Last modified Sheppard Afb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheppard Afb Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top