Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We love this school. My kids went to West Foundation first but were not happy there. From the first day we came there the Principal and teachers have been loving and great to our kids. We come from the Netherlands and are stationed here for only 3,5 years. It was very difficult for the kids in the beginning but they've felt so welcome here at Sheppard elem. They have learned so much! I would defenitly recommend this school if you're looking for a great, warm, loving school and teachers!

We love Sheppard elementary school and are super sad to be leaving at the end of this year. Both of our kids attended this school and we have nothing but wonderful things to say. Ms. Waddell, the principal, goes out of her way to get to know each and every child (as well as the parents). The teachers genuinely strive to teach the material in a way that fits the child and are more than willing to offer additional help after school if content is challenging for the child to learn. There are numerous after school clubs and programs that the kids may participate in. Our daughter loved singing in the choir with Ms. Taylor and our son was a member of Student Council with Ms. DeLeon - both programs I can't recommend enough. By far this is the best elementary school that our kids have attended and we are sad to leave. Trust me - if you have the opportunity to send your child to this school - do it! You won't be sorry!

We love Sheppard Elem!!! This is our daughters 2nd year there and we are so sad to be PCS'ing soon and having to leave behind such a wonderful school. Everyone that works there is amazing! We have been blessed to be a part of such a great school.

All three of my kids went here. My youngest two currently attend. I have never had any problems with this school. I feel that the school, principal , teachers, and front desk staff are excellent. They communicate properly and they are all very helpful with the many needs of the child and the parent. Overall, sheppard is a excellent school. Each child gets the same exact attention no matter the situation. Great Job!!!

I would give the school 5 stars because the staff is really friendly and my son loves his school. he looks forward to going everyday.

My daughter attended this school for the first half of the school year. We pulled her out and put her in at John Tower because we felt like she was not receiving the kind of education she needed to meet Texas standards to pass kindergarten for the school year. Boy were we correct.John Tower tested her and she was far behind the rest of the class. Thanks to her new teacher and lots of homework she now knows 100 words by sight can count to 100 and is a lot more motivated at school. The teachers are nice at Sheppard but nice doesn't cut it when your child is falling behind due to a poor planning on the part of the teachers and school. John Tower also has more programs and parent evolvement than Sheppard.

We love Sheppard Elementary! It's been a great school for my daughter to start her academic years. Her teachers have been excellent. Being an all military school, they really cater to the unique needs of military families. The extracurricular activities are limited though (but there are activities for kids on the base). There's no art classes other than what is provided in the classroom and the music program for the younger kids isn't that great. Also the gifted program needs to be expanded as well.

I have worked at this school for 3 years now and I have never had a more rewarding job. I love the staff, the students and the parents like they are my extended family. I wouldn't work anywhere else!

The principal, Mrs. Myers is a wonderful woman. My son was there for half of 1st and half of 2nd grade. The teachers are okay. I think this school has potential with the new principal. I think she has a great direction for the school. In the meantime if you don't monitor your child's education, you may not get the attentiveness you expect. Great school for children who do well on their own, or whose parents are hands on! Although my child had straight A's the fact that he struggled with some concepts was over looked. I think it would do well for the school to be a little more concerned with progression, and not solely on testing skills, and accountability!!!

Last modified Sheppard Afb Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.