Bad
Good

Posted September 27, 2013
The "motto" of our school is, "once a Fairview Falcon, always a Falcon". We have high school students who return as teacher interns and PALS who tell us, they loved Fairview and they knew "Fairview" loved them. The teaching and instructional staff are the best in the world. I have grandchildren attending here and I can't think of a better school for them. The staff is loving and caring about the children. We have a mentoring program where community leaders and school staff are used to mentor students who are in need to extra guidance or curriculum help. We were the first in our school district to implement this program. It has been such a success, that several schools in our district are now using this with their students. Fairview is a one of kind school - when the bell rings at 3:00 to dismiss, doesn't mean school is over for the day. Many of our teachers and staff stay after to tutor students who need special help, many of them for a long time. They don't get paid for this monetarily, just with love from the children. "Fairview Falcons are the greatest in the land - we are proud of Fairview School".

Posted August 17, 2010
Both of my children attended Fairview Elementary. It was an excellent learning environment. Great teachers and staff. The current principal and assistant principal are both true advocates for children.

Posted September 08, 2009
Both of my children attend Fairview and I cant praise the school enough. They really seem to work with each child on thier level. I am truly glad we came to this area.

Posted February 08, 2006
I love this school. My daughter goes to Kindergarten there and I am on the PTA. The teachers are wonderful and the principal is great. I highly recommend it and I am very picky when it comes to my daughter.

Fairview Elementary School 3

Posted October 05, 2005
This school has struggled over the last few years due to a problem with the previous principal. However, the new principal as of this year seems to bring a promising new future. The teachers seem motivated once again and the organization of the school is better. I feel the curriculum could be better planned as some teachers are better at presenting it than others. (They are all suposed to be on the same page with it.) We have the promise of a new building in the future too, which we really need for the kids. Most parents are pretty involved and easy to get along with. But as you know, every town has their own select few who are difficult to deal with. Services for those in need of special-ed may require alot of pushing from administration, but there are caring teachers at this particular campus.

Fairview Elementary School 2

Posted August 24, 2005
My twin boys are here and I'm not happy with one of thier teachers. She sends a note home every day with him stating he has the worst behavior. Last year in HeadStart in another school district I was told I had good boys, no problems all year. I plan on finding a way to get them out of there and into another school, even if I have to move. This teachers behavior has caused him to physically get sick. He is so anxious about school he is vomiting.I have tried to call the school to speak with someone about this but no one answers the phone.

Fairview Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2004
I had a special needs child at Fairview and had the absolute worst experience at this school. I did not leave a parent/teacher/principal meeting without being in tears! I received no support from any staff and was made to feel like I was a 'problem'. I constantly relayed to them that I would do anything to help in anyway. They obviously did not want my help or my child in their school. Being there and being involved only irritated them. They couldn't treat your child how they wanted to if you were involved! I also had a child there that was a model student. Things were very different with that child. I soon learned that if your child was perfect they had no problems. If your child had any concerns then thay perferred them to be medicated robots! I have since learned from veteran teachers that Fairview is the 'stepchild' school.

Posted March 09, 2004
Our daughter attended Fairview from Kindergarten through fourth grade. As the child of a teacher, I am acutely aware of educational issues. We found the staff at Fairview to be exceptional. The teachers are innovative in their techniques and open to flexible methods, which vary by child. The physical education department is amazing; their annual Jump Rope for Heart efforts have resulted in the school ranking in the top 25 for the state for the past four years running: quite an accomplishment for such a small school! The arts department is also impressive; each class performs an exceptional play every year. The school recently changed principals, as our previous leader was promoted. However, over all, the staff has been exceptionally stable over the years that our daughter has attended.

Fairview Elementary School
501 West Taylor Street, Sherman, TX  75092
Last modified Fairview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.